• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My great grandmother went to a church that "spoke in tongues". She was a pretty bad a** lady, i never saw her speak in tongues though. Gave me my fist air rifle as a kid when I wasnt allowed to have one at home. Also always had Neapolitan at the ready. Allowed me to say god dangit, which was not allowed in my half methodist/catholic upbringing.

Im going to have to stand up for tongue speakers here. lol
    I didn’t say a curse word til I got indoctrinated by the heathens in college. But even today, cursing will create uncomfortable silences, and if close enough to an old-timer, a slap.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I didn’t say a curse word til I got indoctrinated by the heathens in college. But even today, cursing will create uncomfortable silences, and if close enough to an old-timer, a slap.
    My experience with her was until i was 8 and then she died so im not an expert. But i gotta say she never seemed crazy. If i had to pick people who spoke in tongues I would of never have guessed her. I can pick out catholics and protestants like nobodies business though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You get caught cursing and you ain't get'n no banana pudding.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Southern religion. Some good with some bad. It took a bit to acclimate to the Missippi culture. Which I'm pretty sure is not a lot different from the Alabama culture, except thanks to Alabama Missippi isn't last in everything important. At least that's what they told me in their humble self-deprecating humor.

Always called me Mr jamil (not my real name). Respect up front always. Not always when your back is turned. The honest ones are impeccably honest. The others just act like they are. I got to a point where I could know who to trust and who not to. I found the holy rollers to be typically honest. I mean when you handle snakes you're really putting your belief to a test much more transparent than some of the well off plastic baptists I ran into. The ones that act honest while you're stealing from you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My experience with her was until i was 8 and then she died so im not an expert. But i gotta say she never seemed crazy. If i had to pick people who spoke in tongues I would of never have guessed her. I can pick out catholics and protestants like nobodies business though.
    Its humility in what she felt called to do, not in it for attention.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't get me wrong. I agree, but obviously your post was misinterpreted. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer that what I say leaves no room for misinterpretation. I'm pretty anal about correcting even the slightest typo though, so there's that. As a COBOL programmer, just leaving out a single period could make a HUGE difference in the results of what my program did. :):
    :bowdown:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, C is a precise language as well - putting = instead of == is disastrous and often the compile will blithely go on its merry way.

But, ancient programming language respects ancient programming language.
    I'm glad someone speaks it. The closest I can get is swearing at it!

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The US embassies are considered US soil and they represent the US to foreign nations. There should only be one flag flying above the embassies and that should be the American flag. It represents ALL Americans including those that fly the pride flag. There is no reason to ever fly a flag that represents a specific group because they are already represented. The only reason a specific group flag would be flown with the American flag would be to elevate that group above the American people and to purposely disgrace Americans. And we, the American citizens, are paying for them to humiliate us. No, this is not acceptable. Just my :twocents:
    100%

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom