• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I'll choose 1911 over any gun any day. I like to have the same trigger pull for every shot. Easier to train with become proficient. Reliable as anything else. I don't have money to shoot 1000s a month to get good at the DA/SA system.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    A few years ago I was out gun shopping and saw a P226 Blackwater. I had to fondle it and I was in love. I am not sure I have ever had a gun feel better in my hand than it did. $1100 was too steep for me but I will never forget how good it felt in my hand.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    To echo what has been said so far, the sig p226 is a higher quality gun than what most agencies use for reasons such as higher price and the da/sa system. I personally have not shot too many handguns I like more than the 226. A special agent in the FBI told me that his team used to carry a 226 and he loved it, but more recently they switched to a glock because it was much cheaper for them to issue. I imagine there were other reasons involved in making that decision but sounded like price was definitely a factor.

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    ...I routinely carry a P226 or P220 concealed. Not sure what the fuss is about for daily carry.

P229 is my daily carry. It's a little heavy, but a good belt/holster combo make it comfortable. I can't find anything to beat Sig in the ergonomics department for me. They just point so much more naturally for me. I know many others won't agree, but that's why there are so many different options.

I'm not sure I'd bump up to the P226 with concealed carry in mind, though I don't see why it couldn't do the job, but it's definitely on my wish list for SHTF/nightstand duty, not to mention being a great range gun.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'll choose 1911 over any gun any day. I like to have the same trigger pull for every shot. Easier to train with become proficient. Reliable as anything else. I don't have money to shoot 1000s a month to get good at the DA/SA system.

They make single action 226s.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I assume that cost has a lot to do with it. If it is cheaper to outfit a department with Glock's that is probably what they will go with. I also read somewhere a while back that the FBI and some other agents had problems with Sig's not fitting in agents hands because they are typically much wider than most semi-autos. I am not sure how much truth to that there was, but I only like Sigs with the E2 grip myself because they fit my hands better.

Our military is still using the M9 but you don't see a ton of instructors carrying them around either. If you like it and shoot it well, and it's reliable with your carry load. That is probably all that matters.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    To hit on more of what people have said about the MK25, I absolutely love mine. I had my wife shooting it about a month ago and now she is saying "maybe I do want my own gun", which is certainly a first for her.

Top Bottom