• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It's recently come to my attention that as much as I love my P226, the trigger just "doesn't work" for me. Lars asked on the Sig forum about changing it from a DA/SA to a DAK and getting the shorter trigger for it, and so far the general response is "Yeah, you can do that, but have you seen the P250?"

So I'm just wondering... does anyone have a P250 that I could borrow for a few dozen rounds to see what it's like?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What don't you like about the Sig's trigger?
    In DA mode it has a 10 lb pull, which my wimpy hand can't pull back slowly and evenly, which means unless I cock the hammer back, I can't be accurate and consistent with the first shot. The 250 has a ~6 lb trigger pull, which is pretty close to the 4.5 SA trigger pull on the 226, which I *can* mostly pull back slowly and evenly.

I *could* work on strengthening those muscles, and I probably will anyway, but I thought I'd explore the options. :)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Ah I understand! I've always liked Sigs but never cared for the DA/SA triggers in general, even though the Sig has one of the nicer triggers that I've experienced.

Never tried the P250 though.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Should have went with a Glock. :)
    *plugs her fingers in her ears and sings loudly, "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"*

Really.. I haven't found a Glock I'm comfortable holding yet. We even went back to Gander and admired the 26 and 19 models last night, just to be sure, but I just don't like them as much as I like the way every Sig has felt (with the exception of the 232, which really, I didn't like the mag release on, not the grip).

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    *plugs her fingers in her ears and sings loudly, "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"*

Really.. I haven't found a Glock I'm comfortable holding yet. We even went back to Gander and admired the 26 and 19 models last night, just to be sure, but I just don't like them as much as I like the way every Sig has felt (with the exception of the 232, which really, I didn't like the mag release on, not the grip).
    I know, but someone had to say it. :thumbsup:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Pami, you can't keep living like this. You have heard the Glock calling your name, now you can never look at your Sig the same way. It's all over now you might as well just give in now. You'll never be at peace until you do.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Hi Pam, the 250 is relatively new, and probably not too available yet. I have a P239 which I posted on the sigforum about the trigger, and the only response I got was send it to SIG for an action/trigger job. That wasn't the DAK, which I understand is like the LEM from HK. You would probably like it, but compare it to the P9S that you shot at Pop's that night. NOW THAT'S a trigger pull you can live with. They're older, but ....:draw:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    So we stopped in at Plainfield Shooting Supplies..(?) I think... tonight to see if they had P250 (and to check it out 'cause we hadn't been yet). Sadly, they're sold out. :( BUT, he's going to call on Monday to order a couple so I can take a look at them. I *might* trade my P226 for the P250 if I like it as much as I'm hearing I will. The guy at the shop claims to be a diehard Glock guy, but he realllly liked the trigger on the P250 and was really impressed with the pistol in general.

The other alternatives:
    1) Send my P226 in to Sig to have the trigger assembly switched to the DAK and have the shorter trigger put on it.
    2) Take up the offers Lars has had on sigforum to swap my DA/SA and standard trigger for someone else's DAK and short trigger.
    3) Screw it, suck it up, keep what I have because it works for what I use it for (keeping me entertained while we're at the range, and to have a firearm of my own that I'm extremely familiar with for home defense if I need it), and do push-ups on the tips of my fingers to strengthen the muscles I need to have. ;)
    4) Keep the P226 and acquire the P250 anyway.

Decisions, decisions...

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Option #4 would be the best!

I agree that you might want to look at the M&Ps. I recently bought my first and have been very impressed.

Top Bottom