• ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I think you would get along great with a Glock 26

Yeah... that's one I looked at when we went to Gander the other night. I've asked Lars to check with his friend Mike to see if we can borrow his 26 for a hour or two. Lars is under the impression that I'm biased against Glocks because the first time that I shot ANY gun, they were different Glocks, and I was paranoid about the whole experience because I was determined I might actually hurt someone by accident.

I'm still considering just adding the P250 to my collection though (we already have three Sigs, what's one more??).... the bad thing about them is that they only come with one magazine (not two), and Sig mags are about $40 each, and I'd need at a minimum two more. I'm really anxious for Tuesday to get here so I can go and check it out. >.<

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Isn't the Ft. Wayne gun show this weekend? Just hop on 69 and head on up. I'm sure there's a buttload of P250s there to look at and fondle.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Isn't the Ft. Wayne gun show this weekend? Just hop on 69 and head on up. I'm sure there's a buttload of P250s there to look at and fondle.

I'm walking out the door to go to work right now, and I'm obligated elsewhere tomorrow, so... no, can't do that. :)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Call in sick? Hello??? :thumbsup:
    Hahaha... sadly, I'm not very good at being intentionally dishonest. The call would go something like, "Hey Nancy... I know your foot is broken, and Ron has a bad back, and you are both miserable. But, I really need to go up to Ft. Wayne to buy a new pistol, so I won't be able to work tonight. Do you mind working a 12 hour shift to cover me? Thanks! :D"

Ok.. time to clock in. :):

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Pami,
    Let me know if you get the 250. I am a glock guy but the P250 looks like to has some good options that even a Glock guy could enjoy.
    I am curious do they make it only in the compact size currently?
    When you were at Plainfield Shooting last had he gotton any in?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Pami,
    Let me know if you get the 250. I am a glock guy but the P250 looks like to has some good options that even a Glock guy could enjoy.
    I am curious do they make it only in the compact size currently?
    When you were at Plainfield Shooting last had he gotton any in?

Everything I've read about it (which is mostly Sig's marketing propaganda) says that they intend to make it have interchangeable parts... ie, easily swap out the grips, the barrel, yada yada to go from a compact to a full size gun in just under 30 seconds! (ok, maybe not that fast, but you get the idea). Atm, it's only available in 9mm, but it looks like they have Big Plans.

I've only been to PSS the once (Friday night), and they were going to order two (one blue, one two-tone) on Monday, planning to receive them Tuesday in time for me to check them out when I got off work and drove over there. Just make sure you leave at least one there for me to test drive before you sell them out again. :):

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pami,

My friend Steve is looking to trade a very good condition P250, he works in Fishers, IN

WTT Sig Sauer P250 (IN) - Glock Talk

He may sell it for <$600 if interested - or he may even let you shoot it!

He's by far good to go, if you don't have an acct. over at glocktalk just let me know and I can get you his email address.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Everything I've read about it (which is mostly Sig's marketing propaganda) says that they intend to make it have interchangeable parts... ie, easily swap out the grips, the barrel, yada yada to go from a compact to a full size gun in just under 30 seconds! (ok, maybe not that fast, but you get the idea). Atm, it's only available in 9mm, but it looks like they have Big Plans.

I've only been to PSS the once (Friday night), and they were going to order two (one blue, one two-tone) on Monday, planning to receive them Tuesday in time for me to check them out when I got off work and drove over there. Just make sure you leave at least one there for me to test drive before you sell them out again. :):

I research the P250 and found out it was not what it first appeared to me. I thought it was designed to switch quickly from compact to subcompact etc. even though I didn't know how they would accomplish that. From looking at their website it appears it is not designed to do that.
    There will be three families (full size, compact and subcompact). So if you order a compact (which as far as I can tell that is all they have right now). Then you will get three frames (not barrels, slides etc) that have three different sizes of grips that you can switch out. And you can buy other barrels (i.e. .40, .357, 9mm) and you have two different triggers.
    I was very disappointed. I don't see what's so special about this. My glock 22 can take all three types of barrels. Many weapons have interchangeable back straps, which seems an easier way to fit a variety of hands opposed to three different frames. It seems like a lot of hype for something that in most part is being accomplished already by other weapons.

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I research the P250 and found out it was not what it first appeared to me. I thought it was designed to switch quickly from compact to subcompact etc. even though I didn't know how they would accomplish that. From looking at their website it appears it is not designed to do that.
    There will be three families (full size, compact and subcompact). So if you order a compact (which as far as I can tell that is all they have right now). Then you will get three frames (not barrels, slides etc) that have three different sizes of grips that you can switch out. And you can buy other barrels (i.e. .40, .357, 9mm) and you have two different triggers.
    I was very disappointed. I don't see what's so special about this. My glock 22 can take all three types of barrels. Many weapons have interchangeable back straps, which seems an easier way to fit a variety of hands opposed to three different frames. It seems like a lot of hype for something that in most part is being accomplished already by other weapons.

Not entirely true.....

the "Gun" is the trigger group assembly. You will be able to purchase additional polymer frames, slides, and barrels. Which you then move your trigger group assembly into.

I agree it's not an "easy" or inexpensive switch from compact to full sized, and back. Since you basically have to have 3 guns, minus the serialized trigger group assembly.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have not shot a 250 but I played with one quite a bit at SHOT.

It is a smart design that is actually innovative. Too many gun companies (Glock especially) have stopped trying to push the envelope and are simply camping on past innovations.

I think the 250 has merit but it has not yet been proven to be reliable or durable. I would be very reluctant to carry a gen 1 version of any pistol.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I have not shot a 250 but I played with one quite a bit at SHOT.

It is a smart design that is actually innovative. Too many gun companies (Glock especially) have stopped trying to push the envelope and are simply camping on past innovations.

I think the 250 has merit but it has not yet been proven to be reliable or durable. I would be very reluctant to carry a gen 1 version of any pistol.

I disagree about Glock (obviously). I think several of their pistols in the last several years have been quite innovative. G36, SF series, Gen 3, G30.
    That aside though. When you are so far out in front of the game, which Glock was it's tough. It's hard to be innovative when you are already crushing the competition from every direction, and they were.
    Also, I would have you look at the market Glock is in. Yes, there are some new concepts out there in the polymer market, but when you sit down and do the tests and look at the numbers Glock is still the pistol to beat.
    So......the question....innovation (the neatest new thing on the block), or....proven reliability, quality, and precision. I think the numbers will still show people are choosing the proven not the innovative, and if not now they will come back to it once they mature. :):
    I think when my life is on the line I will choose "camping" over innovation.

*Sorry, side tracked, we can go back to the original thread now.*

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I disagree about Glock (obviously). I think several of their pistols in the last several years have been quite innovative. G36, SF series, Gen 3, G30.
    That aside though. When you are so far out in front of the game, which Glock was it's tough. It's hard to be innovative when you are already crushing the competition from every direction, and they were.
    Also, I would have you look at the market Glock is in. Yes, there are some new concepts out there in the polymer market, but when you sit down and do the tests and look at the numbers Glock is still the pistol to beat.
    So......the question....innovation (the neatest new thing on the block), or....proven reliability, quality, and precision. I think the numbers will still show people are choosing the proven not the innovative, and if not now they will come back to it once they mature. :):
    I think when my life is on the line I will choose "camping" over innovation.

*Sorry, side tracked, we can go back to the original thread now.*

Glock 36? The SF series? There is NOTHING innovative about them.

Glock stopped trying a long time ago.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Pami,

My friend Steve is looking to trade a very good condition P250, he works in Fishers, IN

WTT Sig Sauer P250 (IN) - Glock Talk

He may sell it for <$600 if interested - or he may even let you shoot it!

He's by far good to go, if you don't have an acct. over at glocktalk just let me know and I can get you his email address.

Any idea why he's selling it? just outta curiosity...

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Glock 36? The SF series? There is NOTHING innovative about them.

Glock stopped trying a long time ago.

Come on Shay, what are you talking about??
    The SF series is AMAZING! I mean, who would have thought to make the frame.... shorter?? It's shorter for God's sake! That's just ...... well...... yeah I guess you're kinda right there...

But ok, let's talk about the 36! I mean a SINGLE STACK .45!! Who would have thought to do that???

Oh, there was that Browning guy... hmmm... I guess you're right on both counts!

But seriously, I think Glock is simply resting on their laurels thinking they're going to be on top for years to come, not wanting to address the fact that the main gripe people have about their guns is the grip angle. If Glock came out with a pistol that was just as reliable but with a better grip angle/interchangeable backstraps and perhaps a less blocky design they would be almost unbeatable.

Top Bottom