• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Technically, it's not a Sig-Sauer. It's just a Sauer, Model 38H. However, I think it fits in the thread because it is where the idea of a de-cocking lever comes from, a feature that obviously was used on subsequent designs after Sig and Sauer were joined. Introduced in 1938, this is DA/SA with a lever that safely drops the internal hammer. It also has a slide mounted safety, so it could be carried cocked and locked as well. The German military purchased 200,000 of them for issue to officers in WWII.

This wins the coolness award in my book for sure! Does it still shoot (well)?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice thread idea, but it needs a bit more 1911-ish-ness. :):

Here are a couple I've had or still have. This was my Scorpion. I miss this one now.

This is my current nightstand gun. Love this one.

Ironically, the Scorpion 1911 was the gun that got me into 1911s. I was researching and saw the Scorpion Carry at USDS while browsing and fell in love. Couldn't afford it though. It stayed in my mind and around Christmas that year, the Sig TacOps went down in price just under $700, so I picked one up. Use it as my home defense gun now and love it :D

HD%20New_zps36orvywm.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This wins the coolness award in my book for sure! Does it still shoot (well)?

Thanks! The sights are really, really small for my crappy eyes. I think it would probably work well for someone younger though. .32acp is pretty tame, not too expensive either, so it's fun anyway.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I love the patina on this. It oozes that 'been there, done that' look. Nice!
    Especially knowing it was carried by Israeli police... you look at it and think, yeah, it has probably shot a few people. Same feeling I got when I bought my M1 carbine and M1 Garand from CMP.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    20170114_231514_zpslw3ftiiu.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

So far, the only thing that sucks about this gun is that there are almost no holster options.

Attachments

• 20170114_231514_zpslw3ftiiu.jpg
      20170114_231514_zpslw3ftiiu.jpg
      124.4 KB · Views: 2

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep, bought one for the wife and have found that out. Too bad as she loves the gun. Hopefully more options will come out over time.

I'll bet that since the US Army has chosen the P320 as it's new service pistol, a lot more manufacturers will re-evaluate the ROI on building holsters for them. With the Army endorsement, they will be even more popular in civvy hands than they are today. Hopefully, Sig can keep up with the demand.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks Expat. Unfortunately the wife mostly uses OWB holsters and that's what she's looking for. Blade-tech makes an Eclipse holster we may have to end up getting, though we'd hoped they'd make one of their Total Eclipse holsters, which retails for closer to half the price of the Eclipse holster, at least on Amazon. We have Total Eclipse holsters for most of her other guns.

Top Bottom