Sig Sauer P320 Review and Range Report (Warning: LOTS of Images!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any good paddle holster does not slip off very easily, though.

I've not moved my carry position from 3ish, but that would solve my leather seat damage. I do position myself more carefully when getting into and out of the cars we have.

Only on longer trips do I bother removing the holstered pistol.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One small update: The aggressive texturing on the grip is DESTROYING my leather car seat. Good thing it's an old car. But I would definitely have to do something about this if I cared about the damage. The pistol would have to come off-body, the grip would have to be covered, or I'd need a seat cover. Any ideas so when I get my new Mercedes-Benz (someday...) I can avoid this?

FBI cant and slide it forward or crossdraw?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    FBI cant and slide it forward or crossdraw?

I'm using a Hogue Powerspeed (only left-hand retention holster I could find) and 9 o'clock is as far forward as I can get it before a belt loop stops it. FBI cant already. Grip still chews up seat because of large side bolster. I usually carry behind my hip, around 8:00-8:30, which causes me to sit on it and makes it impossible to draw without leaning forward or turning away from the driver's side door.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I put 150 rounds on steel today at MCFG and the pistol has been flawless. This is one sweet shooter. If it stays reliable and accurate I won't be buying any more Glocks anytime soon (no offense intended if you like Glocks). I'm just off to a really good start with this P320.

EDIT: Here's a little clip from MCFG earlier today as seen on tbhausen's YouTube channel:

[video=youtube;yRuCB83brcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuCB83brcQ&list=UUO1mkLrbg-bcEZbXIqWPVuQ[/video]

No, I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face. Ringing steel is WAY too much fun.

Last edited:

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I put 150 rounds on steel today at MCFG and the pistol has been flawless. This is one sweet shooter. If it stays reliable and accurate I won't be buying any more Glocks anytime soon (no offense intended if you like Glocks). I'm just off to a really good start with this P320.

EDIT: Here's a little clip from MCFG earlier today as seen on tbhausen's YouTube channel:

[video=youtube;yRuCB83brcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuCB83brcQ&list=UUO1mkLrbg-bcEZbXIqWPVuQ[/video]

No, I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face. Ringing steel is WAY too much fun.

Nice!

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    Nice looking Sig. I recently got the SP2022 9mm used and I really like it.Looking to get another Sig Sauer soon.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I won't be able to buy one for a few more months.Got in trouble lol.
    I am hoping to go to the range on Sunday to shoot the new Sig.I shot a few rounds in the crawl space into the dirt,but ready to give it a workout at the range.I have 300 rounds just waiting to be shot.Might pick up a 100-200 more rounds before I go.
    My biggest problem is I only have 1 15 round magazine,so it's going to suck have to keep reloading,but I want to shoot this thing on the range and see how accurate it is compared to the SR45.I'll be ordering a few magazines when I am caught up again.Almost had to sleep in the dog house buying the 2022. Also the 9mm ammo is cheaper then 45 ammo. Wal Mart is selling some off brand brass for under $15 a box for 50 rounds. I have 150 rounds of them so I will see how well they do.I expect a dirty gun after running them through it.
    A friend bought the Sig 250 in 9mm and I shot it in the crawl space as well and it felt like a really nice gun for the price.
    The Sigs have always had my attention,but the price was to high for me.I found the 2022 used for a decent price or I wouldn't have one. I'll end up with a few more before I am done.I want a 45 cal Sig and another 9 mm Sig for my g/f to shoot. I was considering the Ruger SR9C,but the 2022 was a better deal.I will get the SR9C eventually.

I did pass the link you posted to the friend who got the Sig 250.That will save him a few bucks. Thanks for sharing it.

If you get a new Sig center-fire pistol before August 1, Sig is giving away 2 mags and a pistol bag:

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/Consumer Summer Rebate2.pdf

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So you were in the doghouse for buying a new pistol but you can use your crawlspace for an indoor range? Interesting home life you've got there. By the way, that post DEFINITELY counts toward your first 50!

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    50 more down the pipe at MCFG yesterday, still zero malfunctions. I actually hit the 100-yard AQT a few times and I rang the IDPA target (at 25 yards?) on the other side of the range with most of what I brought. So far I've fed it 285 rounds of S&B, WWB, and FC 115 grain ball FMJ and Federal HST 124 grain JHP and this thing eats it all like candy. I've seen a few videos (including Hickok45's) and read a few reports where the slide failed to lock back on an empty magazine but that has not happened to me. One damn nice pistol.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I love my Sig P320.

SigSauerP3202.jpg

I've got about 600 rounds through it w/o a burp of any kind.

I like Two Tone guns so I had Robert Burke The Sig Armorer | Robert C. Burke, Sig Certified Armorer and Pistolsmith Bead blast the slide for me.

I never take pictures of my targets (I'm too old for that any more / got shaky hands)

But here is a picture of my 1st 50 shots after Robert Burke worked on it

SigSauerP320Target.jpg

Believe me thats as good as I can do

:cool:

Top Bottom