Sig Sauer P320 Review and Range Report (Warning: LOTS of Images!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I found a Sig 320 compact at Bradis on Friday.

Did you buy it? I'm up to 438 flawless rounds and I can't tell you all how much I like this pistol. Simple, stone reliable, accurate as hell with a great trigger and a joy to shoot. Anyone who's on the fence should try one. You will become a believer. I'll probably have it at Friday Night Steel this upcoming weekend if anyone wants to give it a try.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Bumping this to ask if anyone has bought one yet (besides me)?

(raises hand sheepishly, only because you were smart enough to buy one first)

I got a compact from Top Gun--right at $600 shipped with an extra mag. Took it to MCF&G tonight and fed it 100 rounds of WWB. This gun is a joy in all respects. It ran perfectly. Great to shoot, great to field strip and clean. The only negative I can think of is a few rounds ejected pretty much straight back.

The genius of this design becomes more and more apparent the more you work with the gun. I think this one will make its mark on history with civilians, military, and law enforcement agencies. The history is only beginning to be written, but this platform is a grand slam IMHO. If you're on the fence, find a range that rents one or bring some ammo to MCF&G and try one of ours. Be warned, though, doing so could be hazardous to your gun budget! :)

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I took it to the range today and absolutely no complaints! The trigger is great and equal to my Glock 34. It isn't superior, but equal in my opinion. The ergonomics are great and reliability was 100 percent. I am not trying to hijack this thread, but rather concur with the original evaluation. Great gun, but I need some more trigger time with it before I choose it as my off duty carry option.

On a side note, has anyone compared the 320 with the VP9?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Are you seeing any casings ejecting essentially straight back? That's my only issue with my compact. Cary's full-size seems to eject consistently to 4:00; my compact ejects sometimes back to nearly 6:00.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm up to 598 rounds now with zero malfunctions. Now if I could just shoot it with people watching and a shot timer in my ear as well as I do when I'm alone in one of those pistol bays... Friday Night Steel can be humbling. Only took me 160 rounds to hit 84 plates. Nerves of Jell-O.

:bowdown:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK time is running out for the promo. I hope I haven't snoozed. But I want one.

Anyone see a full size in .357? I know, I know, not a caliber choice of most others' here - but that's the one I want.

Just asking out loud if anyone has seen them about.

PS there is a giveaway on Sig's website for the very one I want. Good luck if you enter. SIG SAUER

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    So you were in the doghouse for buying a new pistol but you can use your crawlspace for an indoor range? Interesting home life you've got there. By the way, that post DEFINITELY counts toward your first 50!

I'm out of the dog house now.G/F shot it and now sees why I got the Sig for and why I want another. I think I would rather avoid the Striker Fire guns and go with something that has a hammer instead.I am looking at one now that is smaller then my 2022,I just can't remember the model number.
    I also picked up a few mags for my 2022 and I'll warn you now,don't order from Sig directly.Took them a week to get me my mags and charged me way to much for shipping.

I've also put 600 round through mine and not 1 problem with it.I Really like the 2022.It's fairly accurate at close range,and since I am half blind I couldn't hit a target at 30 yards with it like I did with a Ruger SR45.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Between this thread and the Hickok45 video, the gun sounds really nice. It is even more tempting when I pulled it up in Gunwatcher and noticed a couple places were selling it for under $500 with shipping! If the price stays that low, I might have to pick one up when I have the extra $$. If anyone who has one would like to meet up at BGF sometime, let me know :)

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    After having the 320 for a little longer and having a few more range trips with it under my belt, I am still very impressed with the gun. It has been 100 percent reliable and the trigger is phenomenal!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm up to 837 rounds now (all factory ammo, everything from el-cheapo to Federal HST) and still not a single malfunction. The slide and trigger are as smooth as silk, too. I love how easy this thing is to clean. Just pop the guts out and blast away with solvent, dry off and re-lubricate. I carry it every single day and I'm also impressed by the Nitron slide finish which shows no wear at all. Same can't be said for the plastic grip module (entire "lower") which scratches if you look at it wrong but this is disposable, unlike competitive pistols.

Bottom line: I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Between this thread and the Hickok45 video, the gun sounds really nice. It is even more tempting when I pulled it up in Gunwatcher and noticed a couple places were selling it for under $500 with shipping! If the price stays that low, I might have to pick one up when I have the extra $$. If anyone who has one would like to meet up at BGF sometime, let me know :)

I'd say the quality is excellent, on par with other Sigs. I could probably meet you sometime at BGF for a test drive.

Last edited:

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Very Nice review! Enjoyed the pictures you took. Out of curiosity, how does this compare to the p250?

I had the P250 which was DAO and I couldn't hit a side of a barn with the thing. I really like the feel and how easy it was to breakdown but I just couldn't get the freaking thing sighted right and I know it was me because I tried my other guns and I can hit center with them (I did get better though but ran out of patience). I found out Sigs were high bore axis and it may not affect you or other shooters but it made a difference to me. I'm sure the P320 is a lot easier to shoot. I could rant on but I am not knocking Sigs down at all. I traded with a fine INGO gentleman and am now a very happy owner of a FNX-40. Low bore axis, low recoil, smooth trigger and I can actually hit the 9/10 ring at 25 yards (indoors ;))! I see you are still looking. Checkout one more gun before going with the CZs or other - Steyr M-A1. I almost got this one and I still might ...but I ran out of cash...:(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm up to 837 rounds now (all factory ammo, everything from el-cheapo to Federal HST) and still not a single malfunction. The slide and trigger are as smooth as silk, too. I love how easy this thing is to clean. Just pop the guts out and blast away with solvent, dry off and re-lubricate. I carry it every single day and I'm also impressed by the Nitron slide finish which shows no wear at all. Same can't be said for the plastic grip module (entire "lower") which scratches if you look at it wrong but this is disposable, unlike competitive pistols.

Bottom line: I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

I'd say the quality is excellent, on par with other Sigs. I could probably meet you sometime at BGF for a test drive.

Gun sounds better and better the more you post! We might have to work out a convenient time to meet at BGF. I probably don't have anything you haven't shot before, but I'd bring all my guns just in case (I only have 5 handguns).

I had the P250 which was DAO and I couldn't hit a side of a barn with the thing. I really like the feel and how easy it was to breakdown but I just couldn't get the freaking thing sighted right and I know it was me because I tried my other guns and I can hit center with them (I did get better though but ran out of patience). I found out Sigs were high bore axis and it may not affect you or other shooters but it made a difference to me. I'm sure the P320 is a lot easier to shoot. I could rant on but I am not knocking Sigs down at all. I traded with a fine INGO gentleman and am now a very happy owner of a FNX-40. Low bore axis, low recoil, smooth trigger and I can actually hit the 9/10 ring at 25 yards (indoors ;))! I see you are still looking. Checkout one more gun before going with the CZs or other - Steyr M-A1. I almost got this one and I still might ...but I ran out of cash...:(

I keep having the same problem, running out of cash :(

Like you, I love the FNX-40. I shot one a friend had at the range a few months ago and was seriously impressed. Very nice gun.

Bumsi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Mc Cordsville
    I have both. They both shoot equally well. Obviously the grip of the VP9 is more customizable and very comfortable. However I think the 320 trigger is more crisp. I have 150 rounds in each so they might not be broken in completely. Again both shoot equally well but the HK feels more squishy to me. I agree with the other owners, this pistol is a home run.

TPB04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Fishers
    I have a P250 in 9mm and really dislike the looooong trigger pull, even though the gun is super accurate (especially in my wife's hands). She lives the feel and look of Sig over anything else she's picked up, so I'm thinking of getting a P320 so it's striker fired to reduce the long pull. Then I'll NEVER beat her shooting!

Plane Pistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Just purchased a Sig 320 Compact from Indy Gun Club for $599. First 200 9m Federal ammo ran flawlessly. I like the trigger much more than my standard G23. The grip for my big paws is what sold me. It came with the medium frame. I added a generic rubber sleeve grip to make it just a bit bigger. Would love to get the large grip frame if I can find out where to buy one. Shot nice tight groups right out of the box. The gun was a bit over lubed from the manufacturer. The only break-in issue is the gun has not yet gone to slide lock on empty. Sig's FAQs suggest this will fix itself with more rounds fired as the recoil spring breaks in. I am very impressed with the P320. I look for it to replace my G23 as my EDC.

Top Bottom