• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjelder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    West lafayette/Columbus
    Hey guys, I'm hoping you all have some input that could help me out. I recently bought and had a shop install some Trijicon night sights on my glock 26. I took it to the range to test fire it and at 10-15 yards it seemed to be shooting to the right anywhere from 2-4 inches.

Now I don't have any experience installing sights, which is why I had a shop do it, but I watched the guy work on it and he lined up the rear sight with a hammer and a punch and did it by eye (which i suppose was just his best estimation of center).

Should I take it back in and have it relined? is there a specific way they should really be installing them? should I take it to a glock armorer instead?

What do you all think?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    At first my thought was "hells yeah, you ought to take it back!", but then I thought a little bit about it and if the gunsmith lined the sights up by eye, and left it at that without doing a test fire, or at least using a laser bore sighter, I'm not so sure I would take it back to them. Now that the sights are in the dovetails, you may want to just adjust them yourself.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Elmore's did my night sights using correct tools. It cost next to nothing and my sights are exactly where they should be.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey guys, I'm hoping you all have some input that could help me out. I recently bought and had a shop install some Trijicon night sights on my glock 26. I took it to the range to test fire it and at 10-15 yards it seemed to be shooting to the right anywhere from 2-4 inches.

Now I don't have any experience installing sights, which is why I had a shop do it, but I watched the guy work on it and he lined up the rear sight with a hammer and a punch and did it by eye (which i suppose was just his best estimation of center).

Should I take it back in and have it relined? is there a specific way they should really be installing them? should I take it to a glock armorer instead?

What do you all think?

I think I would not take it to Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. I bought my G26 there and had them install the Trijicon night sights. I was never satisfied with it. I had guys at H & H (now Freedom Firearms, Fort Wayne) test it on their range. They always said, " Not bad." They always were unenthusiastic about the sights. They knew there was a problem, but did not think it was off enough to go back to the work bench with it. I came to the conclusion my poor shooting was just my lack of skill or my poor eyesight.

Then I fired my Taurus 24/7 Pro. An INGOer had it for sale and allowed me to test fire it on his own firing range. I hit the steel targets first time, every time. I loaded up my own ammo (did not want to be indebted to the guy and feel obligated to buy because I used his ammo), same as I used in the G26. My shooting dramatically improved. I came to the conclusion that Midwest just did a poor job of installing the sights.

Midwest is a good shop, and I have had good service from them. But I will not ask them to install night sights again.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I have moved trijicons on a glock before by using a punch while at the range. No big deal just use a small piece of leather so you don't scratch them. I would not use a large hammer obviously. I used a set of folding allen wrenches and progressively harder taps until it moved.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    can be done with a hammer...but a real gunsmith will never recommend it for a few different reasons for which, you should not let anyone touch them with a hammer if even a professional gunsmith won't use it....why would you trust an average joe to do it with one?!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Took it to diamondback outdoors in lafayette and they took care of it for me no problem and pretty cheap as well. +1 to them
    Does it shoot better? Or was it just a new gun to you and possibly user error? (No offense meant). I had mine done and the correct tool was used, eyeballed it, then measured and readjusted until centered.

Let us know what you found out.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    What I have experienced on the pistols I've done is that if the rear is centered in the dovetail 99% of the time a Glock will shoot to the sights. I have seen 1 Glock that needed the rear sight moved to the far side of the dovetail to get the windage right.

mjelder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    West lafayette/Columbus
    It wasn't user error, no offense taken. I'm a pretty seasoned shooter and put a lot of rounds down range before changing the sites and I know when something is amiss with my weapons. I got it readjusted took it to the range yesterday and it was spot on. No problems at all.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom