Since we've been talking alot about CZ 75's.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Man, I need me a Compact or a PCR. They are just to damn good looking.

I must be the one nut in the CZ bunch that prefers Kydex. I used to be all about leather but Kydex is so much easier.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Man, I need me a Compact or a PCR. They are just to damn good looking.

I must be the one nut in the CZ bunch that prefers Kydex. I used to be all about leather but Kydex is so much easier.

I have a couple of Compacts and a P01 you can shoot anytime you like.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Compacts and PCRs just look cleaner without the rail. Add another to the want list.

Current want list:

527 carbine in 7.62x39
    P-07 gen2
    P-09
    SP-01 Tac.
    97BD
    And now most likely a PCR to keep consistency throughout my line up of decocker models.

Donations to my gun fund are always appreciated. :):

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Forgive me, I'm new to the CZ's. I see a few posts about Cajunizing a CZ. Just curious what to expect from it if I do send mine in? I just picked up the CZ75B Matte Stainless.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Get a Tanfo Stock II instead.

If you are commenting to the OP he already has the SP-01. Why does he need to get the Tanfoglio?

If I was considering a game gun I would get a Shadow.

Also this ^^. There are upgrades you can do with a real deal CZ that just can't be done to clones. Not to mention aftermarket support for real CZs is far better than clones of any kind. I'm pretty sure (but I could be wrong) that if you send the gun through CZ's custom shop it still maintains the factory warranty, and I think Cajun Gun Works is a recognized and approved custom shop by CZ too. Either of those places are regarded to be the best for CZ aftermarket work and both of them will tell you that not all their parts will work on clones and CZ Custom won't even take clones in for work and CGW is picky about it. So if you do get the Tanfo you are pretty much stuck with what you got. Not that that's a bad thing, just real CZs give more options.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Forgive me, I'm new to the CZ's. I see a few posts about Cajunizing a CZ. Just curious what to expect from it if I do send mine in? I just picked up the CZ75B Matte Stainless.

Birds Away is the guy to ask about CGW and CZ upgrades. Honestly I sometimes wonder if he gets a discount on upgrades for all the advertising he does for CGW.

CGW or CZ Custom Shop either and both are the best in the business for aftermarket CZ upgrades. I've never shot a CGW worked over CZ but Birds has offered me the chance to shoot his and I plan on taking him up on that offer someday. He swears by them and I believe him. I have handled a CZ Custom Shop piece and it was amazingly smooth. I imagine CGW is just as nice.

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    If you are commenting to the OP he already has the SP-01. Why does he need to get the Tanfoglio?

Also this ^^. There are upgrades you can do with a real deal CZ that just can't be done to clones. Not to mention aftermarket support for real CZs is far better than clones of any kind. I'm pretty sure (but I could be wrong) that if you send the gun through CZ's custom shop it still maintains the factory warranty, and I think Cajun Gun Works is a recognized and approved custom shop by CZ too. Either of those places are regarded to be the best for CZ aftermarket work and both of them will tell you that not all their parts will work on clones and CZ Custom won't even take clones in for work and CGW is picky about it. So if you do get the Tanfo you are pretty much stuck with what you got. Not that that's a bad thing, just real CZs give more options.

You can use ball point pen springs in the unicorn.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    :laugh: All of mine have a definite drawl now.

I was thinking about trying out one of the steel frame models but am a little held back by the fact that to get a really good trigger you have to send them out for work. My P-07 went to CGW and it is nice but nothing to throw a party over. You seem to know a ton about CZ's, do different models have more potential than others?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was thinking about trying out one of the steel frame models but am a little held back by the fact that to get a really good trigger you have to send them out for work. My P-07 went to CGW and it is nice but nothing to throw a party over. You seem to know a ton about CZ's, do different models have more potential than others?
    I would love to meet you and shoot some custom CZs. I think I have enough of a cross-section of models that you would get a good idea of what they can do. I have a new P07 with the pro package on order from CGW and I should be receiving it in a couple of weeks. I am a big fan of CGW and their products. But that could be just my inexperience as a shooter. Rather than me going on and on about them I would prefer to offer my small cadre of firearms for you to test and evaluate for yourself. I work in West Lafayette and there is an indoor range on the south side of Lafayette or I am open to other suggestions.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    And to more directly answer your question. I think CZ handguns are great but, to me, they are all about potential. A new in box full size 75B is a nice gun but won't really blow your skirt up until it has been shot in and had some upgrades installed. But everyone has their own opinion.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I would love to meet you and shoot some custom CZs. I think I have enough of a cross-section of models that you would get a good idea of what they can do. I have a new P07 with the pro package on order from CGW and I should be receiving it in a couple of weeks. I am a big fan of CGW and their products. But that could be just my inexperience as a shooter. Rather than me going on and on about them I would prefer to offer my small cadre of firearms for you to test and evaluate for yourself. I work in West Lafayette and there is an indoor range on the south side of Lafayette or I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks for the offer. That is a couple of hours away, but we will have to see if we can work something out. Too bad I don't have extra time on my way down to Terre Haute next month. I am probably spending the night with a friend in Lafayette.

Your friendliness and generosity here is always refreshing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks for the offer. That is a couple of hours away, but we will have to see if we can work something out. Too bad I don't have extra time on my way down to Terre Haute next month. I am probably spending the night with a friend in Lafayette.

Your friendliness and generosity here is always refreshing.

Thank you. You can consider it a standing offer. I am also willing to meet somewhere in the middle if that would be easier for you. You can shoot them and I'll watch. Don't want to embarass myself.

Top Bottom