• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we're not supposed to shop ANYWHERE that stopped selling a particular kind of gun? How about stores that stopped selling guns altogether? Sears, J.C. Penney, K-Mart, just about every hardware store used to sell guns. Now they don't. Clearly they are anti-Second Amendment. As for contract commitments- that's what lawsuits and lawyers are for....I have some experience in this. I assume that either the contract allowed for termination or Troys Indus. is pursuing its remedies.

Truthfully, I haven't bought anything at Dick's for a long time, but not because I trying to send a message. Dick's sells guns and ammunition. It is a throwback to a time when all sporting goods stores did and has an effect of mainstreaming guns and ammo, to an extent, because guns are not limited to specialty stores where ony guys with tactical beards and cargo pants seem to belong.

Dick's may make boneheaded decisions at times. Every business does. That does not make it ant-Second Amendment. Cite me an instance of a Dick's policy, decision, etc. that advocates the restriction of gun ownership rights. If that's out there, I'll change my tune.

I think people should just calm down about Dick's. They're not Satan. It's a company that has to worry about its own bottom line and public sentiment fits into their calculations on that. Their clientele are a more divers group than phat bearded guys with gun fetishes. The people who shop there aren't supporting Satan by shopping there. Shopping there will neither further nor hinder the 2A. It's inconsequential.

My personal boycott is just that: personal. I think caving to public pressure is pussing out so I wrote and told them what I thought of it. But I'm still pragmatic about my idealism. If I had no better place that carries what I want and they had it, I'd probably buy it there. But regardless I'd never hold you to upholding my boycott, nor think poorly of you for not.

There are plenty of places in the Louisville market to shop for Ammo that are better. A month or so ago I scored a 1600rd case of CCI Minimags at Cabella's for $120 so I'm good for a few months of plinking.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ...so why won't people shop at Dick's? Still looking for a good answer.

Given they took sides with MDA/MAIG, etc the sentiment you are looking for is "you are either FOR us or AGAINST us."

I actually think the way they did it was kinda clever in a way... They took the inventory of scary black rifles and used them to stock a new outdoor sports centric division. DICKS no longer sells "assault rifles" but another store they own DOES. that keeps the busybody soccer moms happy, and still lets them sell what they want to.

It's almost like a national book store chain caving and taking adult material from the "back room" due to pressure from prudish moms, and then starting an adult book store with the stock. A win-win.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, they are Brady and Bloomberg and Watts and Obama...

So you can cite sources that clearly demonstrate they do the very same activities as those anti-gun groups, which have the exact impact on the 2A as those groups?

I'll wait.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Don't shop at Dicks mainly because I think their prices are high. Don't care what they sell or don't. But I find one thing funny......an anti gun store that sells guns and ammo.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So you can cite sources that clearly demonstrate they do the very same activities as those anti-gun groups, which have the exact impact on the 2A as those groups?

I'll wait.

Why wait? :dunno:
    Go ahead and educate yourself now:

Lots of reading for you here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...99-dicks-field-stream-stores-coming-line.html

Dick's Sporting Goods Now Discriminating Against Law-Abiding Gun Owners - The Free Patriot

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online-merchants/254581-dick-sporting-goods-bycott.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-statement-regards-dicks-sporting-goods.html

It's a free world, you are welcome to support and promote the anti-gun establishments all you choose.

Our kids and grandkids will finish this fight later. Hopefully, they'll live through it to remember what their parents did to them.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I hear that in the back of all Dick's stores, they keep puppies. Why? Because they enjoy taking food away from puppies. Just for fun.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I own a Marlin 60 I got from K-Mart in about 1993. I also own a J.C. Higgins 12 ga, circa 1948- a Sears store brand.

Come to think of it, I have a Sears branded Mossberg in my safe...

Fortunately, there are many other places that are the spitting image of Dick's once you walk in the door. I will say that Dick's actions were not nearly as egregious as CTD - that was just plain price gouging.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    DICK'S KILLED GALYANS!

image.png

I don't shop at Dicks because... Oh wait, that's where I get my golf stuff.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Me either. RIP Galyans. Dick's no longer sells handguns because they're bad (mmkay), so they are anti-2A in my opinion.

Based on the fact that Dicks never sold handguns does this mean they are no longer anti-2A? Will you now shop at Dicks?

Dick's never did sell handguns. Galyans did.

I'm shocked to find out that rumors and assumptions were used to paint Dicks as anti-2A, shocked I tell you.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Dick's, as well as, other major retailers of guns and ammo, have been under scrutiny by the ATF for some time, usually because the folks who are selling the firearms aren't trained in the proper procedures. Most of the violations are mistakes in paperwork. This makes the chains very cautious about guns and ammo sales, lest they loose their FFL's. That being said, Dick's is, and has been, super sensitive to the winds of protest from "soccer moms". They have been known to suspend sales of guns and/or ammo during times of disaster or unrest, i.e. 9/11, Katrina, etc., even at stores not directly affected.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    This was about 40 minutes from where we were staying, but was by far, one of the best meals I've ever had. We ended our first trip to the Outer Banks with a meal out. We were unsure when we pulled into the lot if we should stay. It's a place you might drive by if you didn't know about it.

This is about 10 posts in which you are posting nothing that makes any sense. I have to ask, what are you smoking?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why wait? :dunno:
    Go ahead and educate yourself now:

Because Dick's overtly speaks out against guns, funds anti-gun organizations, and actively seeks to support legislation that is anti-gun.

Please post evidence that Dick's actually lives up to YOUR standards.

I'm still waiting.

BTW, I'm not saying that Dick's is a pro-gun as I want them to be, or that they're not anti-gun in some ways. But let's be real. If they were truly equal to all the other anti-gun people out there, they probably wouldn't be selling ANY gun related merchandise.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I can totally understand the C.Y.A. aspect of their questions. Business owners have to protect that which they worked so hard to build. I get it. I trust the guys at my LGS because I have been dealing with them for many years, but big box stores? Forget it. Best Buy, Walmart, Dicks, gas stations, liquor stores... seems they keep asking more and more questions that are none of their business. The U.S. Citizen question? Sure am! Proud to say so! It doesn't really tell them anything about me anyway. Anything else? I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to go pound sand. If you can't tell that I'm over 21 just by looking at me, you need serious mental help.

In this day and age, I'm more concerned about things like identity theft, or perhaps a scumbag lowlife employee planning his next burglary. I am certainly NOT going to hand over directions to my home, my actual date of birth, my phone number, or anything else to some random person behind a cash register. Sorry. Don't know you. Not gonna happen. Especially not for something as trivial as smokes, booze, ammo, or what have you. There are plenty of other places I can shop that don't bother asking. Half the time, they just ask me to tell them my D.O.B. without actually looking at ID. Then I rattle off some random date, and they happily say thanks and I'm on my way without incident. I know.. little lies.. but hey, risk management! They have no right to know, and I got stuff to do.. so, I'm out. Besides, my mommy taught me not to talk to strangers when I was like 2.

Top Bottom