Six flags is having muslim family day.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    1. Am I reading the news report right and I see that no non-Muslim will be barred from this event?
    2. So, what makes this event a Muslim event is (1) the title, and (2) the halal food vendors?
    3. So this company is recognizing a market, promoting towards it, and bringing in vendors to make the event profitable?
    4. Again, no one is actually being barred, just a special invitation given?

Huh. Not really seeing the evil here. Other than marketing to make a buck.

As for the timing? Well, perhaps it is not the best, but I remember all those who said we did Patriots Day this year on the in order to honor McVeigh's memory. That was crap when they said it about us, so really, doing are we not doing the the exact same thing... Well that is rather suspect logic.

Just my 2 cents.

Techres

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    My whole intent in this thread was to make it aware of the date that they were having family day and hoping some would voice their opinions to Six Flags as I did. I agree with what Joe and others have said about the date of them doin this being a slap in the face to Americans. As I said before they can do as they wish it is their business, I will just chose not to do business with them. I did however get a response from them and they seemed to care less about my concern with the date which is what I stated was my concern to begin with. Here is what they replied with

Dear Travis,

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Great America.

We are a family-friendly theme park that does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, political persuasion, or any other factor. Our goal is to provide a day of fun.

Numerous organizations, non-profits, private companies, schools, youth groups, and religious groups of 20 guest or more can enjoy a day at our park at special ticket prices available online.

Through this program, we host numerous group events at our park including Jewish Family Day and Catholic Family Day. The Muslim Family Day event has been hosted at our park since 2004. It is a fun-filled family outing that typically coincides with Eid, the end of the Ramadan Holiday. Special group events consist of a variety of activities and of course our signature rides and attractions.

Thank you again for contacting Six Flags Great America. I assure you that your concerns and suggestions will be passed on to the appropriate Departmental Managers. We take great pride in our commitment to continually improve and seriously consider Guest comments when planning for the next season.

Thank you, and have a Six Flags Day!

Guest Services
    Six Flags Great America

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    As for the timing? Well, perhaps it is not the best, but I remember all those who said we did Patriots Day this year on the in order to honor McVeigh's memory. That was crap when they said it about us, so really, doing are we not doing the the exact same thing... Well that is rather suspect logic.

Just my 2 cents.

Techres

While I see the point you are trying to make, Patriots day has been celebrate on the third Monday in April for 40 years. It just so happened to fall on the 19th for the first time since the Oklahoma City bombing (I believe). So whoever said we were celebrating that, well that's just a moot point.

For the sake of argument if Bin Laden's birthday were July 4th, would we be expected to stop celebrating our Independence. I think not

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    My whole intent in this thread was to make it aware of the date that they were having family day and hoping some would voice their opinions to Six Flags as I did. I agree with what Joe and others have said about the date of them doin this being a slap in the face to Americans. As I said before they can do as they wish it is their business, I will just chose not to do business with them. I did however get a response from them and they seemed to care less about my concern with the date which is what I stated was my concern to begin with. Here is what they replied with

I did not even email them as I expected a response similar to yours. I will just not spend money there and I will do my best to make sure everyone I know and they know and so on chooses to boycott them as well

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The bottom line is that Six Flags is a privately owned business and they can do as they please.
    Why is all of this directed at a private entity instead of toward a Federally funded bias?
    Why isn't any of this directed at (for example) the public schools who've made a ruling to *not* give any tests during Muslim holidays?
    I.E.: No student tests on two Muslim holidays • Top Stories (www.HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital)
    I don't see an outcry of people jumping on the government with "What about the Christian holy days? What about Ash Wednesday? All of Lent? Advent?"
    This whole skew just doesn't compute...

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Even though Six Flags is a private corporation, I am not sure they would even legally be allowed to deny the Muslims a religious day there without cancelling all the other religious days there. There are laws about religious discrimination in this country.

I truly don't want to offend anyone, so if you will get mad easily just skip the rest of this post. You have been warned.

My personal opinion is there is something out there, but organized religion is just too corrupt and full of hate on all sides. Every religion has scripture that says to kill those who are not of the same faith, some just push it more to the forefront. More bloodshed has been the result of religion than anything else. The world would be more peaceful if there was no such thing as organized religion and everyone was spiritual in their own way on their own time.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Even though Six Flags is a private corporation, I am not sure they would even legally be allowed to deny the Muslims a religious day there without cancelling all the other religious days there. There are laws about religious discrimination in this country.

And these laws are wrong to exist. Private individuals and corporations should be allowed to discriminate against (or in favor of) anybody, at any time, for any reason.

My personal opinion is there is something out there, but organized religion is just too corrupt and full of hate on all sides. Every religion has scripture that says to kill those who are not of the same faith, some just push it more to the forefront. More bloodshed has been the result of religion than anything else. The world would be more peaceful if there was no such thing as organized religion and everyone was spiritual in their own way on their own time.

I understand what you're saying, and I know the evil that has been perpetrated by the Church. However, there are religious organizations that invite rather than demand, forgive rather than condemn, and serve rather than beg. I'm part of one, and while there are still human problems within it, I've seen what can happen when people put aside the need to be important and just do the work of "follow Me, and feed My sheep".

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And these laws are wrong to exist. Private individuals and corporations should be allowed to discriminate against (or in favor of) anybody, at any time, for any reason.

I agree with you 100%, a private business should be able to hire, fire, or have anyone patronize they want to without fear of repercussions. If a business wants to hire all female or all black people, by all means go for it. But if someone wants to hire only KKK affiliated white men then they should be allowed as well.

I understand what you're saying, and I know the evil that has been perpetrated by the Church. However, there are religious organizations that invite rather than demand, forgive rather than condemn, and serve rather than beg. I'm part of one, and while there are still human problems within it, I've seen what can happen when people put aside the need to be important and just do the work of "follow Me, and feed My sheep".

I am certainly not saying religion is bad and of course most people who believe in some form or religion are good people. But that is not just limited to Christians and Catholics.

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    Joe Williams summed up my thoughts on this subject in an earlier post. But let me add this. We as a country, especially various and numerous corporations, bend over backwards to appease religious and cultural minorities whenever they even hint at being offended. Occasionally for legitimate claims, but very often for silly, trivial, or downright stupid whining.

Perhaps in a minority of my own, I have not forgotten that on 9/11/01 three thousand plus Americans were murdered by scumbag pieces of garbage in the name of their religion. While all members of that religion may or may not share the same views as those POS, the fact that Six Flags has chosen to dedicate a day celebrating and promoting that same religion on the day after the anniversary of that tragic event is grossly offensive in my opinion. How they cannot see (or just refuse to acknowledge) that this may [strike]offend[/strike] infuriate those that remember 9/11 is beyond my comprehension. They have every right to host whatever special events they want, the same as I am free to never again set foot in a Six Flags, and will encourage others to do the same.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Joe Williams summed up my thoughts on this subject in an earlier post. But let me add this. We as a country, especially various and numerous corporations, bend over backwards to appease religious and cultural minorities whenever they even hint at being offended. Occasionally for legitimate claims, but very ofter for silly, trivial, or downright stupid whining.

Perhaps in a minority of my own, I have not forgotten that on 9/11/01 three thousand plus Americans were murdered by scumbag pieces of garbage in the name of their religion. While all members of that religion may or may not share the same views as those POS, the fact that Six Flags has chosen to dedicate a day celebrating and promoting that same religion on the day after the anniversary of that tragic event is grossly offensive in my opinion. How they cannot see (or just refuse to acknowledge) that this may [strike]offend[/strike] infuriate those that remember 9/11 is beyond my comprehension. They have every right to host whatever special events they want, the same as I am free to never again set foot in a Six Flags, and will encourage others to do the same.

they know what the date is. They simply dont care. They are like many other businesses in the U.S. who whore themselves out for money and throw Honor, Integrity, Patriotism, out the window for a buck. If you ever wanna see if someone is a TRUE friend of yours, dangle some money in front of their nose and see what happens. some people will be loyal but many will not. people including businesses, go cookoo for coco puffs when it comes to making money. and they will compromise their integrity to do it most of the time.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was gonna say something snarky like "maybe they should have a Catholic family day, too"... but I see that they are.

Yep, and a "Home School Day."

So what significance does it have that the "Xtreme Spirit Cheer and Dance Competition" is on 9/11 this year? You (not you JetGirl) do realize there's only so many weekends in a year.

People get worked up about the darnedest things.

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    they know what the date is. They simply dont care. They are like many other businesses in the U.S. who whore themselves out for money and throw Honor, Integrity, Patriotism, out the window for a buck. If you ever wanna see if someone is a TRUE friend of yours, dangle some money in front of their nose and see what happens. some people will be loyal but many will not. people including businesses, go cookoo for coco puffs when it comes to making money. and they will compromise their integrity to do it most of the time.

Sadly, you are very correct. The extent to which they are willing to shred their integrity for more black ink just doesn't compute in my world.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It comes down to companies, parks, etc. Just thinking about money, and nothing else. It's just like the majority of American companies. They will throw morals and everything else out the window, when that magic dollar is waived in front of them. Heck they would have a Neo Nazi day, if they where paid right. As Ranger said in an earlier post. You want to see who your real friends are. Waive some money in their face. You'll see which ones are true, and which ones are not. Same goes for the moral integrity of parks, companies, etc. Do I feel like there is racial favoritism in this country, you bet your *** there is.

Top Bottom