• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    ...You refuse to link to Slate but you link to the Washington Times? What is next? The Daily Mail? The National Enquirer?

Not my post, but the Washington Times is, IMHO, reputable, as are a lot of UK and Canadian sources that cover what our media do not. Mentioning the National Enquirer is simply ridiculous and provocative. I would agree not to link to left-wing sources that are egregiously anti-2A and anti-Constitution. Why give them any web traffic? That is just helping fund those you disagree with.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Let's not forget that not all public schools are bad. My middle school & high school had a shop class. We had a science class. We had music and arts and many of the teachers were great and really did work for the students.

I do wish my high school had an IT/IS/Programming class. I did do my high school's vocational class for the Cisco CCNA and Comptia A+ certification stuff, but it'd be nice if they offered it as normal classes. But who knows, maybe they added it.

Anyways, to me, what is the hallmark of a good school has less to do with where it gets it's funding and more about the teachers themselves.

Perhaps. But, as a whole, the NEA is a powerful lobby with a distinct left-wing ideology that infiltrates the curriculum and the classroom. Face it: Although the Federal Government has no Constitutional basis for being in the education business -- it is supposed to be left to the states -- qualifying for Federal funding forces policies and behaviors that do not serve the students well.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Perhaps. But, as a whole, the NEA is a powerful lobby with a distinct left-wing ideology that infiltrates the curriculum and the classroom. Face it: Although the Federal Government has no Constitutional basis for being in the education business -- it is supposed to be left to the states -- qualifying for Federal funding forces policies and behaviors that do not serve the students well.

What in the curriculum is spreading left-wing ideology? I can only remember my education (2004 class) and we weren't subjugated to any political ideologies that I can recall...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Slate's strategy these days is to troll.

Please, don't feed the trolls.

This. I would guess even the author doesn't believe the drivel (and I'm assuming its drivel as I didn't click). Just say something controversial to get the hits coming in, which is how ad revenue is generated, which is how they earn their living.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to get back to writing this article about how anyone who has cable television supports terrorism. Or maybe child slavery. I haven't decided yet.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    What in the curriculum is spreading left-wing ideology? I can only remember my education (2004 class) and we weren't subjugated to any political ideologies that I can recall...

The curriculum is full of it. The US is evil. Islam praised and Christianity rarely mentioned. Man-made global warning it a fact. The list goes on and on. Some subtle, some oblique. I wish I had the time to find and post all the articles I have seen supporting this, but I don't. See also the thread on "common core."

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This. I would guess even the author doesn't believe the drivel (and I'm assuming its drivel as I didn't click). Just say something controversial to get the hits coming in, which is how ad revenue is generated, which is how they earn their living.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to get back to writing this article about how anyone who has cable television supports terrorism. Or maybe child slavery. I haven't decided yet.

THIS. I wanted to post a smiley showing "hit the nail on the head" but did not see one. Just assume the character on the left is a nail: :bash:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just like I don't shop at places that are anti-2A, I don't provide clicks to websites that hate me.

As far as Washington Times - I figured it was "neutral" enough, and not extremist like Slate.

Exactly. An echo chamber world view. Lucky for the rest of us, a few Ingotarians clicked on Guardian links. Imagine if we would have never heard of Snowden. Rolling Stone had the best reporting about TBTF and LIBOR. Luckily, a few Ingotarians clicked on those links.

Do you honestly view the Washington Times as neutral? In the same sentence you refer to the Moonie Times as neutral and Slate as extremist? Echo chamber?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Exactly. An echo chamber world view. Lucky for the rest of us, a few Ingotarians clicked on Guardian links. Imagine if we would have never heard of Snowden. Rolling Stone had the best reporting about TBTF and LIBOR. Luckily, a few Ingotarians clicked on those links.

Do you honestly view the Washington Times as neutral? In the same sentence you refer to the Moonie Times as neutral and Slate as extremist? Echo chamber?

The MSM is Obama's PRAVDA. They are the echo chamber, echoing the administration's talking points as if they are the irrefutable gospel, with no challenges. They no longer have reporters -- investigative reporters who try to hold administration sources accountable -- just repeaters of the party line. If they are the only ones you listen to, you are a zombie :koolaid:. Any other source is worth considering, especially those outside the US who are beyond the influence of this Chicago thug administration. Some are better than others, some are disposable, but thank God we have news sources other than the old guard, ABC, NBC, CBS, and their offspring MSNBC and CNN. All in the tank for extreme liberalism. :puke:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The MSM is Obama's PRAVDA. They are the echo chamber, echoing the administration's talking points as if they are the irrefutable gospel, with no challenges. They no longer have reporters -- investigative reporters who try to hold administration sources accountable -- just repeaters of the party line. If they are the only ones you listen to, you are a zombie :koolaid:. Any other source is worth considering, especially those outside the US who are beyond the influence of this Chicago thug administration. Some are better than others, some are disposable, but thank God we have news sources other than the old guard, ABC, NBC, CBS, and their offspring MSNBC and CNN. All in the tank for extreme liberalism. :puke:

I rest my case.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The curriculum is full of it. The US is evil. Islam praised and Christianity rarely mentioned. Man-made global warning it a fact. The list goes on and on. Some subtle, some oblique. I wish I had the time to find and post all the articles I have seen supporting this, but I don't. See also the thread on "common core."

How long has it been since you've seen an actual textbook? None of the ones I've seen mention jack about praising Islam and denouncing Christianity.

None of them say the US is evil...hell they all praise the US during WW2. As someone who has picked up a high school history book in the last 2 years I'm calling bull****.

As for global warming, the science classes I saw being taught this were taught the studies done by academic scientific leaders. And no, young earth creationists and Intelligent Design believing "scientists" aren't typically counted amongst those.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    How long has it been since you've seen an actual textbook? None of the ones I've seen mention jack about praising Islam and denouncing Christianity.

None of them say the US is evil...hell they all praise the US during WW2. As someone who has picked up a high school history book in the last 2 years I'm calling bull****.

As for global warming, the science classes I saw being taught this were taught the studies done by academic scientific leaders. And no, young earth creationists and Intelligent Design believing "scientists" aren't typically counted amongst those.

You need to come out of the bubble you are living in. And you need to revisit your grammar.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Now you've gone with conjecture and assumptions. I won't be arguing with those strawmen.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    You need to come out of the bubble you are living in. And you need to revisit your grammar.

You're probably right about the grammar; I was on my Galaxy Note 2.

You never answered my question...when was the last time you picked up an actual textbook used by a high school? I'm seriously curious, because I know the textbooks I've seen and the ones I had not even 10 years ago made no allusions to anything you mentioned aside from man-made global warming.

Let's be clear, most academic scientific institutions believe that man is accelerating/is the cause of global warming. Truthfully it doesn't matter...the worst case scenario with believing in man-made global warming is the creation of clean, sustainable, cheap energy. There are things like fusion/fission hybrid nuclear plants being designed or liquid fluoride thorium reactor, highly efficient solar panels, and other things that could make electricity be essentially free. These are safe technologies one of which uses a very common element found nearly in every state in America (thus making us independent of other countries for energy).

But again, to reiterate, when was the last time you have picked up a high school history or science textbook?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Then you obviously weren't wise enough at the time to notice; I saw it in the late 80's, and it was there long before. Furthermore, I went to a school with excellent academic opportunities (calculus, advanced physics/chem/bio, etc.) and good teachers, but the issues are not always in the lessons (though they often are), they are inherent to the structure of the system.

Another terr'ist (i.e. home-schooler) here.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Then you obviously weren't wise enough at the time to notice; I saw it in the late 80's, and it was there long before. Furthermore, I went to a school with excellent academic opportunities (calculus, advanced physics/chem/bio, etc.) and good teachers, but the issues are not always in the lessons (though they often are), they are inherent to the structure of the system.

Another terr'ist (i.e. home-schooler) here.

I love it when I ask for SPECIFICS and all I get is generalized bull****. Either you have something more meaningful than "DUDE I SAWWW IT" or you don't. Show me specifics and preferably something recent as I don't care what happened in the 80s as that's outside the scope of this thread.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I love it when I ask for SPECIFICS and all I get is generalized bull****. Either you have something more meaningful than "DUDE I SAWWW IT" or you don't. Show me specifics and preferably something recent as I don't care what happened in the 80s as that's outside the scope of this thread.

It seems so obvious to me that it was hard to believe you were not aware. I don't really have the time to spend giving a definitive treatise on how the left-wing liberal elite have infiltrated our education system over the past half-century and how their anti-American teachings, bias against the US, democracy, and Christianity, and liberal ideas have permeated the system. It seems that only a liberal could be so blind as not to see it. :koolaid:

No time for a thesis, but here are a few links:

Teaching Them to Hate US | American Renaissance

Are Public Schools Teaching Students to Hate America?

Florida Rep. Ritch Workman Claims High School Textbook Has Pro-Islam Bias

Debate again thrusts CSCOPE into Texas spotlight | www.statesman.com

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Easy there, Matt. I haven't touched a public school text in decades. I do have specifics from my time, but apparently, as thread king, you have ruled them inadmissible.

Damn I miss the days when I knew everything.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Y'all did pick up that we're being lectured about what all high schools everywhere teach and what we should and shouldn't worry about as to our high-school aged kids by someone who was in high school in 2004, didn't ya?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Easy there, Matt. I haven't touched a public school text in decades. I do have specifics from my time, but apparently, as thread king, you have ruled them inadmissible.

Damn I miss the days when I knew everything.

Y'all did pick up that we're being lectured about what all high schools everywhere teach and what we should and shouldn't worry about as to our high-school aged kids by someone who was in high school in 2004, didn't ya?

Yeah...I was pretty sure I had it all figured out when I was in my 20's and 30's too.

Top Bottom