• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    I may be in the wrong section, Can you use a slide fire stock at the DNR ranges. I know the rules state "NO AUTOMATIC FIRE" and i wouldn't be, i'm bump firing, so would a slide fire stock fall under that rule. I would like to know before purchasing one

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I am just guessing but I have to believe that they would be a no no on a DNR range. I can see the range officer shutting you down quick.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yep, what PGRChaplain said.
    Don't do it at any DNR range, full stop.
    As he points out, rapid fire, even without slide fire or full auto, is also a no-no.
    I've already seen one guy booted off of the DNR range at Wilbur Wright for rapid firing.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Nope! Bob at Roush Lake Range said their Rule is 3 seconds between rounds. They'll Warn you once, do it again your Gone!

3 seconds between rounds? Every time I've been there nobody has ever said anything to me, nor others whom are also shooting about a round a second.. like normal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Trying to do slide fire where they don't allow full auto sounds like some serious hair splitting to me.

Nope! Bob at Roush Lake Range said their Rule is 3 seconds between rounds. They'll Warn you once, do it again your Gone!

There's a difference between reckless rapid fire and training for recoil recovery and trying to improve your skills. A range that won't allow skills improvement is useless in my book.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Trying to do slide fire where they don't allow full auto sounds like some serious hair splitting to me.

There's a difference between reckless rapid fire and training for recoil recovery and trying to improve your skills. A range that won't allow skills improvement is useless in my book.

Sad but true about the DNR ranges. Was with my son-in-law who is an expert marksman in the USAF and he was told no double taps. And he was center of paper at 25 yards with every shot!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    When I went to Wilbur Wright I was firing decently fast out of my 22lr, almost as fast as it cycled, and didn't have trouble, but it wasn't bump-firing fast either.

Unless the rangemaster is standing right there, it's pretty tough to know that you're quick firing a .22LR, especially when lots of centerfire guns are being fired to drown out the little pop from the rimfire.

Top Bottom