• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    That 9mm RO was a lot different that I expected. I could almost feel the slide moving back and forth across the frame. Not near as much kick, obviously. It was a fun gun though, for sure.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Left to right....GFGT, Bjenkins, "J" man, unknown femal lurker, Indyglockman I think, WTburnett, IndyJohn, OkieGirl, Long Coat????, Top dog.
    Best I got

I changed my avatar tonight... didn't want Churchmouse to be confused about which one was me. :laugh:
    Yes I'm the one in the middle behind WTBurnett and "she who must not be named"

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That PC was so very sweet! I shot some really nice 1911's that day but I gotta admit, that PC was my favorite.

Sorry I can't trade the flame thrower. You see that is exactly why I bought TCM's, I figure if I miss - the ball of flame coming out the end should scare them away. :whistle:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yes. It was a sweet shooter, I liked the full size a touch better though. Was a better shot with it. Lol

I know what you mean. I shoot my SA Gov't model better. All that being said, the 4.25 suits her well, she can knock down the bad guy @ 7yds with surgical precision. That's why she's known as "The Ringer".

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Before I run off to Google, is Scandium Alloy a variation of Al U Minium?

Yes, it's a special aluminum alloy with Scandium.
    Scandium is like "unobtanium".
    It's ridiculously expensive ($122,500/lb) but it makes for some of the best and strongest aluminum parts

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That 9mm RO was a lot different that I expected. I could almost feel the slide moving back and forth across the frame. Not near as much kick, obviously. It was a fun gun though, for sure.

That is a 9mm 1911 for you. I loaded up some 147 gr bullets over a starting charge and I found myself literally waiting for the slide to return. The split times are almost limited by the gun.

I have seen a couple fail. Using hot loads and and running them hard.

I tried some +P stuff out of my PC1911. Not recommended. Also the light slide is a bit quirky. Very fast cycling. Your mag spring needs to be up to the task. I carry mine A lot. But a person needs to know their cartridge, mag combinations well. I am running 230 gr standard pressure Golden Sabers in mine. Remington also has a boring old 230 grain JHP that shoots well. I would also guess a standard pressure 200 XTP would do good in these guns. I was less then impressed with the 185 gr stuff and I have grown to distrust polymer tipped stuff in 1911s.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I shot better with the 1911's and the CZ than my new M&P :faint:

GFGT's E-series was probably my favorite 1911 of the day.

I liked her PC gun as well. I had never shot an aluminum frame 1911 up 'til yesterday.

I also liked GFGT's E-series a lot. I made one ragged hole with it at 7-10 yards.

Thanks guys. I like it a lot too. And I thought it was a pretty good deal too; here's where I bought it:

SMITH & WESSON 1911 E SERIES 45ACP STAINLESS SW 108482

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That PC was so very sweet! I shot some really nice 1911's that day but I gotta admit, that PC was my favorite.

Sorry I can't trade the flame thrower. You see that is exactly why I bought TCM's, I figure if I miss - the ball of flame coming out the end should scare them away. :whistle:

That was cool. When you guys started shooting that, my lane buddy and I looked at each other like "what was that?!?". It's bark and fire ball make it appear ferocious but it was really fun to shoot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I may be able to accommodate this at MCF&G.....not sure how many guests I can have on my membership.

I can host some on my membership and may be able to drag my son along to host some on his if the counts are high. I wonder if we could reserve a pistol bay for a morning?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can host some on my membership and may be able to drag my son along to host some on his if the counts are high. I wonder if we could reserve a pistol bay for a morning?

That would be perfect. You can have the absolute best time running the steel.

Folks could bring pistol caliber long guns as well. Great range.
    Not looking for a hundred folks but a nice group would be perfect.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That would be perfect. You can have the absolute best time running the steel.

Folks could bring pistol caliber long guns as well. Great range.
    Not looking for a hundred folks but a nice group would be perfect.
    Pistol caliber long guns? Interesting...........:cool:

Top Bottom