• Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    My fingers Are Crossed

Hi all,

Well, I hope I didn't make a mistake after reading through this thread. I ordered a Sneaky Pete for my Ruger LC9, with laser and pinky extension. At this point, all I can say is the turn around was very fast. I placed my order on Saturday October 4th, and got a email today saying it had shipped. USPS tracking site says I should receive it on Wednesday the 8th. I also sprang for a belt and magazine pocket protector. Here is hoping it isn't a $100+ epic fail.

Hurley

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I came upon this Forum and Web Page after a search for "Sneaky Pete Holsters" to see if they could be purchased for a lower cost elsewhere than the Sneaky Pete Web Site.

I was astounded and amazed at the amount of negative reviews of this item. I have had a Black Sneaky Pete Holster for my Springfield/Armory XDs 9mm for 6 months and never considered it defective in allowing me to draw the weapon easily as I have done multiple times at the range. I never considered it cumbersome or potentially harmful to myself. I have just ordered the same holster in Brown. Perhaps I am paranoid because of the number of "home invasions" but I carry the weapon in my Sneaky Pete Holster even in the house. My daughter's family was visiting and no one (daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren) ever queried me about it or what is that big black "thing" you have on your belt that looks like an over-sized cell phone case. If I had read all these reviews prior to my first purchase I never would have purchased it. I hope that the attorney's statement that it would be easy for someone to take it from me is incorrect. Only time will determine the answer to that question. I use it mainly because I live in Florida and my clothing are usually shorts and a tee shirt or collared shirt. I have another holster which I am able to use in the Winter but still feel comfortable with the Sneaky Pete Holster all the time. The real issue is "Customer Service". You do not build a loyal customer base by mistreating your customers. If I had a problem with the Holster and encountered all the difficulties described I would never buy from them again. So, here is hoping that my order placed today will arrive with the proper equipment.

I wear cargo shorts and a Tshirt quite a bit, and have no issues carrying IWB with a Glock 26 or 19, using a hybrid holster and a good belt. There are plenty of options out there, including businesses that have great customer service. I hope you get what you ordered and don't have any issues. I also hope you actually continue to be a contributor to the forum. There is plenty to talk about without having to live in IN. What part of FL are you located in? I'm originally from FL and still have family there.

Jerry111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Dunedin
    Dunedin, Florida 34698 which is really Palm Harbor, FL but the Post Office just decided one day to change us from Palm Harbor 34684 To Dunedin 34698. Complaints to our Congressional Representatives and Senators gave us the reply that the Post Office can do whatever they want and no one can stop them. I thought that was bizarre and funny at the same time. Dunedin and Palm Harbor are just West of Tampa on the Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful to live here except during hurricane season we all become a bit nervous. I do love living in this STATE where the Concealed Carry Permit Laws are reasonable and thoughtful. The citizens who live in Draconian States like Connecticut, Maryland, New York and California are not allowed to protect themselves from criminals and predators. Absolutely shameful!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stumbled across this today, which is about the same as a sneaky pete. possibly even better?

Concealed Carry Holsters | EZ HOLSTERS

I'm sorry CameraMonkey, but that EZ holster is one of the dumbest gun related items I've ever seen. It's a Jack in the box holster that's the size of a VHS cassette tape. Who would carry that on their body?

There are so many good, comfortable holster choices out there, why would anyone strap a shoe box to their belt?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm sorry CameraMonkey, but that EZ holster is one of the dumbest gun related items I've ever seen. It's a Jack in the box holster that's the size of a VHS cassette tape. Who would carry that on their body?

There are so many good, comfortable holster choices out there, why would anyone strap a shoe box to their belt?
    not a fan of the larger models, but i like the G42 size for back pocket carry. An interesting alternative . But carrying a G27 size (or larger) on the belt? No. I agree with you there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dunedin, Florida 34698 which is really Palm Harbor, FL but the Post Office just decided one day to change us from Palm Harbor 34684 To Dunedin 34698. Complaints to our Congressional Representatives and Senators gave us the reply that the Post Office can do whatever they want and no one can stop them. I thought that was bizarre and funny at the same time. Dunedin and Palm Harbor are just West of Tampa on the Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful to live here except during hurricane season we all become a bit nervous. I do love living in this STATE where the Concealed Carry Permit Laws are reasonable and thoughtful. The citizens who live in Draconian States like Connecticut, Maryland, New York and California are not allowed to protect themselves from criminals and predators. Absolutely shameful!

Nice, I'm originally from Jacksonville, not nearly as nice as where you live.

I had a CCW in FL before I moved 20 years ago. Their laws were pretty good. Indiana's are a bit better, but you've got better weather...

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    My Sneaky Pete holster arrived this afternoon. My first impression is positive. The finish is very nice, the leather and stitching are high quality, and my Ruger LC9 fits like hand in glove. It is a little large, but not overwhelming so. I think it could/would have been smaller, but I opted for the mag pinky extension version. With the flat mag bottom, it could have saved a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the width. I wore it out this evening to dinner with the family, and I soon forgot I was wearing it. It is very comfortable and will become just one of the many ways I carry concealed.

Much of the discussion in this thread has been about the poor service and lack of responsiveness from the folks at Sneaky Pete. Thankfully my holster came as I ordered it, and I don't intend to try and return it for a replacement or refund. I can't speak to their customer service other than my order shipped every fast, arrived undamaged, and was exactly what I ordered.

I'll post again with my thoughts on the holster after using it for a few weeks.

Hurley

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'll just leave this here.. :D

071004_Star_Trek_babe.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Let's just say... his IP address just might back up your hypothesis..

So are you saying SSGT Rock is at least in the same city and possibly using the same ISP as the aforementioned company? (if not in the same building as Sneaky Pete?) hmmmm... Sounds like somebody forgot his 7 proxies. :):

compositor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2015
    Ulster
    I purchased a Sneaky Pete Holster for my Kimber compact that has a lazer grip. When I received the holster it would not close without the lazer lighting up. I emailed them and was told to send the holster back, no problem. They said the holster was not fitted for the lazer grips. I had no problems with them at all.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have one of the newer Nylon versions, they LACK the giveaway SP logo on them. They are quite a bit cheaper and work great.

People are getting ever bigger phones. And with the new Iphones being so big, these won't even get a second glance.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I purchased a Sneaky Pete Holster for my Kimber compact that has a lazer grip. When I received the holster it would not close without the lazer lighting up. I emailed them and was told to send the holster back, no problem. They said the holster was not fitted for the lazer grips. I had no problems with them at all.
    I wonder how many more people will join INGO just to tell us how great Sneaky Pete is.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If the company doesn't have proper contact info: A telephone number that someone answers (or calls back within a couple hours), and a physical address (even if it is a 'garage') and maybe an e-mail address (less concerned about that), then that company doesn't get my hard-earned dollars. It's that simple.

Top Bottom