• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Snow begins Wednesday night and will continue through Saturday for Buffalo and Watertown. These areas could see between 1 and 3 feet of snow. Here's more on possible snow totals via FOX Forecast Center:

Could not happen in a better place!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My poor old in laws lived in Ft. Myers Beach. They lost everything in the hurricane and was rescued after 3 days of water up to their chins. They are in late 70's. Well they got rescued and evacuated to..........you guessed it, Buffalo. Now they are up to their chins again......and freezing.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lived for many years as a kid north west of the finger lakes region of New York State. Was normal for a snow to drop 24 inches in a day 36 in two days 48 in three days. Normally in December and January. With the lake still very warm and the wind blowing down from the north it is perfect conditions for a major snowfall. I have never seen 77 inches in a 48 hour period. I used to see houses on the shoreline with 24 inches of ice on the sides and roof and them chipping off the ice with mallets. These house were built for that or they failed quickly.

Everyone had a snowmobile, snow tires, a snow blower, snow fences.
    The plows and road equipment was ready for the worst. Better yet they knew how to drive in the weather and better yet when not to drive. Wait a couple hours and the road crews had it clear (minus what was falling.) and I never remember a French toast warning in the stores. I was young maybe I just remembered that we had eggs milk and bread in the kitchen.

They are just chilling with cold drinks and football food waiting for the plows to clear and clean it up.

If we got 1/4 of what they got the state would be closed for a month. They will be good by Monday

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Road Trip to Buffalo?

Just mounted my Snow Tires.

View attachment 237642
    Give me a minute and I'll join you...

eS1cU3ol.jpg

Top Bottom