So apparently the Obama raid WAS a kill mission...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Forgetting for a moment that we all knew it was.

How stupid can an administration be to tell us that it wasn't. "He was going for a rifle that was across the room" they said.

Well now a SEAL that was there says different in his book. Says they shot him in the head on sight and then pumped two more in his chest as he was laying on the floor ALIVE.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Political correctness is a term you should look up.

Ibelieve that was the intent on what obama said and i do not blame him for it in the least.

If you cannot glorify killing, Justify it. Obama did just that and i will not think less of him for it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't read the book, but one of the reviews I read said that the author acknowledges that they were to take him alive if possible. I would assume they were afraid that our civilian leadership wouldn't do the right thing once they got hold of him. Personally, I say good for them. I don't think AG Holder putting him on trial in NYC would have been good for any of us. Every jihadi in the world would have been trying to get here to blow something up.

sullivmt2015

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I'm sure some of the general public is going to be upset over this, but seriously we are at war and our soldiers are defending our country. They don't have to wait to have a rifle pointed at them to pull the trigger. I agree that the "goal" of this mission shouldn't have to be covered up...the U.S. has plenty of reasons to substantiate this decision.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If this had happened under the Bush administration, they would be screaming for charges to be filed. They would have wanted Bush's head on a platter.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I haven't read the book, but one of the reviews I read said that the author acknowledges that they were to take him alive if possible. I would assume they were afraid that our civilian leadership wouldn't do the right thing once they got hold of him. Personally, I say good for them. I don't think AG Holder putting him on trial in NYC would have been good for any of us. Every jihadi in the world would have been trying to get here to blow something up.

Just saw a guy interview the author this morning....more will be on 60 min. this Sunday. They were told to take him alive if possiable, but not if it jeoperdized any of their lives. The Seal said the shooting started as soon as they hit the ground. I'm just glad they didn't take him alive.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    3qp47s.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Frankly, I would have preferred they were able to capture him, spirit him away, wring out every bit of intel they could, THEN send him up before a military court, try him and execute him (because there was not a shred of doubt that he was guilty of multiple death-penalty crimes) - without saying a word about it in public.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    without saying a word about it in public.
    If this was possible then agreed. I don't think that would have happened. The current junta would have put him up in the Hyatt in NYC and let him put on a propaganda filled defense of himself in Federal District Court.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If this was possible then agreed. I don't think that would have happened. The current junta would have put him up in the Hyatt in NYC and let him put on a propaganda filled defense of himself in Federal District Court.

Actually, I don't think they would have done that. They might have WANTED to do it, but they wouldn't have done it in the end, for all the reasons others have said upthread.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm not shedding any tears over this man's death, but seeing as the SEAL team went to the trouble of removing OBL's body to ship for identification and autopsy......I find a predetermined kill order, if this is truly was it was, to be akin to murdering this man.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not shedding any tears over this man's death, but seeing as the SEAL team went to the trouble of removing OBL's body to ship for identification and autopsy......I find a predetermined kill order, if this is truly was it was, to be akin to murdering this man.
    :laugh: I would be all for criticizing Leon Panetta if there was a reason to do so, for this, I would buy him a cocktail.

Top Bottom