• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    On the Glock owners site they had the same information.. spray and let set and soften using stiff brush. Over and over. Wiped with a rag and wd40 and blew out with the air compressor.. still working on it
    As you can see the melted coating. That stripper really worked well:rolleyes:
    [/IMG]
    8-F583200-DF27-4-F38-A381-330-DEB10-B553.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lotta work, even beyond what you've already done to clean up the nooks and crannies. Then you just got a plain 'ol Glock.

I'd make sure it was prepped right and shoot it with a color you liked. A unique color would be cool. Silver/Chrome? Red/White/Blue? Kryptec Camo?

FYI - The muzzle end of the slide will always be a problem with the Gen 4. If you ever holster it much there will be finish wear at the muzzle end.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thank you, I learned something today.

Wonder if it was cerakoat or duracoat though?

Lotta work, even beyond what you've already done to clean up the nooks and crannies. Then you just got a plain 'ol Glock.

I'd make sure it was prepped right and shoot it with a color you liked. A unique color would be cool. Silver/Chrome? Red/White/Blue? Kryptec Camo?

FYI - The muzzle end of the slide will always be a problem with the Gen 4. If you ever holster it much there will be finish wear at the muzzle end.

Eh, I'd just clean it up as much as possible and then leave it be. It will eventually all come off the externals with wear, and cleaning it.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    That’s the plan. I am going to take it all apart and use a pick to clean the rest of the small places oil and put it back together. Funny thing is I have not shot it yet..

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I think it's supposed to be desert tan.

I would have just took the slide back to black. I have some in different factory colors and I think they only make so many.

OkMwGYa.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Looks like your doing great, I would have worried about softening the polymer frame, and I bet getting it out of everywhere must be a pain.
    Nice Gen 4.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Glock in the OP looks like a plain ol rattle can job. You're on the right track getting that color off there. Looks like a desert sand or light beige not FDE.

(Nice 23 sigblitz)
    Here's my FDE 22

00505_1qPl6SwGBMk_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_zA6jnPFREV_1200x900.jpg

Top Bottom