• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Got home from making the rounds today, shopping when you do no feel good sucks. Noticed the High Tech Ruger gate lock was cut on our diesel fuel cell. I had just put the chain on the front gate since we were only going to be gone a few hours.

Reviewed the video clips which clearly shows the pos from down the road, his plate and face. Someone is going to be having a bad day tomorrow a.m. Best I can tell he filled 6 five gallon Yellow Cans. I am so ****** off I decided not to confront him instead called Wilson County they will be at will be at his door step 05:00 tomorrow morning.

I am not sure how stupid he is looked directly at the camera. Ourdriveway is long and narrow so he backed his mini van right up to the camera.

Nothing worse than a thief!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Kudos for the cameras and now you know who to look out for. Very interested to hear how this is handled. I certainly wouldn’t expect too much to happen over 30 gallons of diesel. However, if it was up to me…….
    Assuming that's all the perp was up to that night. Also with a prior becomes a felony, and maybe an habitual offender?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Sorry to hear this happened but glad you have the cameras! Nothing worse than POS neighbors.

I had a nice chat with our new internet provider after their contractor tried to force my gate open, after waving to the camera and saying to his boss that the opener is padlocked to the gate...nevermind the no trespassing sign front and center...

Curious to see what the law does with your situation...

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Had a guy and his wife break into our cabin. Got finger prints off several items. He got a slap on the wrist and probation. When we got hit again I said something to the cops about this guy so they went to talk to him. He had moved without telling his probation officer. In he went AND we caught the new little felon. He got 18 months. I spoke at his sentencing. Did fairly well convincing the judge to hand him his ass.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Dude is probably gonna claim he is broke and needed it to heat his home.......not that it makes a difference. Is it a nice house or a dump? Good luck......and happy you caught them at least.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Sorry ya have to deal with this kinda BS, especially while sick.
    I know 52 is a parade route, but property theft is almost non existent over here, if ya change your mind, we'll find ya some dirt over here anytime you're ready.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    30 gals. X $5 = $150, nope we ain't gonna prosecute this petty theft, said California. Others may have a different opinion. Watch out for future issues with this neighbor.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In California, anything under $1000 is petty theft and, if they prosecute, it's a misdemeanor and a small fine. You can expect that to increase to $10,000 as prices rise.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    30 gals. X $5 = $150, nope we ain't gonna prosecute this petty theft, said California. Others may have a different opinion. Watch out for future issues with this neighbor.
    It’s unfortunate that you’re probably right. If we’d stop letting people get away with breaking the law based on the value of the law that was broken we’d be better off because he’s definitely going to be a repeat offender if he gets away with it once.

movevio1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2022
    Southeast Indiana
    I don’t know why I’m always surprised by this type of brazen behavior. Our cameras have caught a few people places they shouldn’t be. Thieves are the worst type of person

Top Bottom