So the confiscation begins.................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    This what happens when we agree to "ask permission" to exercise our rights. By doing that you "give them" the power they need AND your permission to abuse your rights (and make money from it). If we give (sell) our rights away - they don't need to take them. Consider what has happened in this country after Sept. 11 because everyone simply went along with the "Patriot Act" without even questioning what was in it. The majority of the Legislature didn't even bother to read it before they signed it.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bad idea. They did that. Many have moved to Nevada and Colorado, and now both sway left. They're doing their best to take Texas, too.

Trump wants to put up a wall- I say put it on the border between America and California. Put another one around Chicago, and yet another around the New England states (Sorry, Cygnus)

29.jpg.png

Blessings,
    Bill

Please explain to me how someone who believes in liberty and freedom leaving a non-free state to go to another state somehow makes the destination state less free?

The problem you are describing is that of liberals leaving liberal states to pollute conservative states. Can't say I disagree with your solution though.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You've correctly identified the problem. The other half of it that you've asked me to explain is that those who live surrounded by that mindset (or more correctly, those feeeeeeeeeeeeeelingzzzzzz) for too long may become acclimated to it and begin to believe it acceptable, in the same manner as is often seen in liberal "gun control" bills: Ask for everything conceivable, then "compromise" it down to just getting one or two things you asked for. Those freedom-lovers you describe are hard-right conservatives or libertarians by the standards of, say, California, but still moderate leftists here, still thinking that the LTCH is OK because it's so easily obtained. They don't even see that having to get it at all is the infringement.

Perhaps a period of quarantine would be a better option: put those who wish to come to free America in a "halfway-house" town, of sorts (otherwise populated by those who actually know, respect, and practice a Constitutional government,) for the first six to 12 months, so they don't infect the rest of the country with the libby flu, to turn a phrase.

Make more sense now?

Blessings,
    Bill

Please explain to me how someone who believes in liberty and freedom leaving a non-free state to go to another state somehow makes the destination state less free?

The problem you are describing is that of liberals leaving liberal states to pollute conservative states. Can't say I disagree with your solution though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    (or more correctly, those feeeeeeeeeeeeeelingzzzzzz)

I would stand on the notion that anyone who supports abuse of constitutional rights in any capacity, ranging from president down to the simple dunce who has no influence other than voting for that president, are domestic enemies by virtue of attacking and/or supporting attacks on the Constitution, and by extension, the Republic.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    This what happens when we agree to "ask permission" to exercise our rights.
    Or are required by statute to do so in order to not be charged with a crime.

... leftists here, still thinking that the LTCH is OK because it's so easily obtained. They don't even see that having to get it at all is the infringement.
    You nailed it on this point, as usual, except that I've seen and heard enough rationalizations for the sacred cow of Indiana gun control (the LTCH) from those born and raised here that it is not too much to say that (to borrow a phrase) the enemy is inside the wire, and has been for decades.

As far as building walls, quarantines, or any disease analogies, the use of geographic map overlays on a chronological time line can be of assistance in identifying the problem, the vectors, and any preventive measures that might be employed.
    For example, the following may solve part of the puzzle while acknowledging there are other factors (political, social, cultural, etc.) to consider. There are sometimes rising and receding waves, and a few anomalies, but a pattern can be discerned.

These are for Indiana only for about the past thirty years, but can be expanded nationally to get a better view:

So ... where to build that wall? Or maybe a physical wall would be futile against this mutated type of airborne (speech-and-idea borne) pathogen that is corrosive and destructive to the foundation of a constitutional republic.

Last edited:

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Gun control is death by 1,000 cuts. MTC nailed it with the maps through the years. The Left is insidious and though I'll always vote conservative and right, it seems Pence has done a good deal to give the Left ammo to rally their troops (what was that state sponsored radio station and RFRA seemed to be a solution looking for a problem). I sure hope Indiana stays Red but I'm not so sure it will.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Gun control is death by 1,000 cuts. MTC nailed it with the maps through the years. The Left is insidious and though I'll always vote conservative and right, it seems Pence has done a good deal to give the Left ammo to rally their troops (what was that state sponsored radio station and RFRA seemed to be a solution looking for a problem). I sure hope Indiana stays Red but I'm not so sure it will.

The problem is that Pence and the GOP leadership in the General Assembly did exactly what their owners told them to do. RFRA 2.0 was the goal in that it did absolutely nothing toward the ostensible purpose while for the first time in Indiana making homosexuals a protected class. The RFRA 1.0 sh*tstorm was the cost of getting that done without having the conservative base show up in Indianapolis with pitch forks. It just caused more backlash than I believe they anticipated.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012

Indeed. Very relevant video. Since liberals think it is perfectly ok to subject someone to a swatting for fun, I'm sure they will not mind when someone starts doing it to them. I can hear the conversation now
    "911 what is your emergency?"

Person on burner phone " Yes my uncle has been threatening to kill himself for days and now he says he is fed up and going to end it all tonight and just shoot himself. He just left drunk and is probably home by now and I am very concerned he will kill himself."

911 "what is your uncle's name?"

Caller " His name is Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, etc. etc. and they live at 123 liberal ave. Please hurry.......Click....

Yea, that sword is sharp on both sides......

Top Bottom