So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I read the thread from Doublehelix. It kind of was open ended. Did more crimp or a deeper seat fix it?

In my research elsewhere, a heavy bullet and a fast burning powder has been successful. I think I’ll try 147gr FMJs and TiteGroup. Hodgdon says start with 3.2gr, so I’ll work backwards from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Any thoughts on if either the flat nosed or hollow point 100gr .380 currently in stock would be more accurate for mouse farts?

https://www.xtremebullets.com/380-s/9665.htm

I used the flat points, and they were way more accurate than I expected for light loads. I am sure the hollow points would be worth trying however.

I read the thread from Doublehelix. It kind of was open ended. Did more crimp or a deeper seat fix it?

In my research elsewhere, a heavy bullet and a fast burning powder has been successful. I think I’ll try 147gr FMJs and TiteGroup. Hodgdon says start with 3.2gr, so I’ll work backwards from there.

I have heard others talk about heavy bullets and fast powder alternatives, and if that works for you, great. I was able to get the bullets to work perfectly with a better crimp and a slightly different COAL.

These are such light shooters, it is almost like cheating or like shooting .22 LR. I did find that I needed to use lighter recoil springs in my SIG P226 to get them to cycle reliably. As I mentioned above, the thing that surprised me most was the accuracy. In that P226, I had no issues ringing small steel plates at long distances.

Good luck with whichever method you choose (light bullets or heavy bullets), I think either method should work fine once you work out the best load.

OHOIAN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2014
    NE OHIO
    38 spl

A.JPG B.JPG Loading 250 35spl with 148g WC cast from a Lee mould, over 3.1g AA#2. On my portable bench.

Attachments

• C.JPG
      C.JPG
      133.8 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Just got Lee Classic Turret delivered today. I intend to set it up after Christmas and hopefully will put it to use on 223. I just ordered 2 Federal Black Boxes from PSA for $80 each and free shipping. That will get me a start on brass to reload.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Loaded last night for the first time in a while. Replenishing my 223 varmint round inventory. 55gr ballistic tips with h335. Need to do another 100 today

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I just switched over to 9mm to be 45acp. I have 3500 Berry bullets just sitting. So I set up Dillon 550. Running HP38/or Winchester 231 at 4.1g,, Berry bullets 230g @OAL 1.150. Soft shooter.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Just started back loading for the year. 40SW over 5.2gr Universal. Have a whole bunch to do!

Yeah, I am looking at stacks of empty ammo boxes myself... I am just getting started again too, and it seems like at this point that I will never get it all done before Spring.

Top Bottom