• ...and so much more!
  • Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This is how I see it:

One day, on our way to work, we stop at the gas station to fill up. But, our Debit Card is denied, says to see cashier. Cashier informs us that the card is not registering. We shake our heads and go to work. On break, we call our wife (after all, only she knows how to call the bank), and later she leaves a message that the bank is now CLOSED. Reports come in on our smartphones that banks all over the US are now closing abruptly, and that they are not answering calls or emails. Then the lunchtime news shows that Wall Street, and other trading websites are on shutdown. People are now starting to panic, as most do not carry more than $20 in their wallet, and rely on Debit Cards. Only, they're no longer working.

News channels are now sensationalizing the financial collapse of the banking system, and are starting to explain why banks are shutting down to protect themselves per their emergency plans. This starts a slow rising panic in the populace that gains momentum across the country. Reports come in of people arguing at gas pumps, grocery stores, and even liquor stores and tobacco stores. Shots are fired. Car jackings. Groups of like-minded anarchists begin moving together, searching for opportunities. Police were trying to help, but then they realized that they probably won't get paid anytime soon, and their own wives/husbands/kids are at home panicking.

Obama declares Martial Law/curfews/National Guard roadblocks. All this just before the internet and cell phones drop out. Since 99% of populace is not prepared for anything, and most of them think the government is supposed to protect them, over a third of the population either succumbs to violence, illness, starvation, or dehydration. The rest of us will try to bunker down and hold up, or will be forced to move and loot to survive.

All this will take place in the course of two weeks. Don't think it could happen that way? Look at what happened to NO, LA in the course of one week after Katrina. Now, imagine that on a national scale...

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think that is what Obama and the DHS is prepering for. I just hope it holds off for a while so more people can be better prepared - IF they are going to do it.

I've been trying to "hint" to people I work with about being ready for trouble, some act as if they don't even want hear it. Others act as if they are listening and agreeing, but don't want to go out of their way to do a lot of the things needed.

Oh, well. I will continue working on getting things together. I just hope my daughter and her family is doing so as well. (She is good at thinking ahead and can "rough it", but I don't know about her husband. They both can hunt/fish if necessary. I trust her more than a lot of people in the preperedness area.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea, I watched it online, way after it stopped airing. I had never heard of it before like 2011 either.
    You know one of those..."Shows similar to...You May also be interested in..."

Not having debit I agree, would crush society. I know I don't carry cash... just get it when I need it, or write a check.
    I don't have that much silver either.
    But still, silver and gold are only good after things are stabilized, and we establish trade.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Very likely scenario some day. Its amazing how much people rely on the system nowadays. I cant go to a bar with my friends without at least one of them hitting an ATM first. They often have $0 in cash on them. And most people will run out of food in 3 days. That is terrifying.

If you want a good read, check out 50 Falling Stars. Apparently they skimped on the editing but the story is good and the prepper mindset is there. If you have Amazon Prime, you can "borrow" it on a Kindle for free.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    PREVIEW?!?!

This is how I see it:

One day, on our way to work, we stop at the gas station to fill up. But, our Debit Card is denied, says to see cashier. Cashier informs us that the card is not registering. We shake our heads and go to work. On break, we call our wife (after all, only she knows how to call the bank), and later she leaves a message that the bank is now CLOSED. Reports come in on our smartphones that banks all over the US are now closing abruptly, and that they are not answering calls or emails. Then the lunchtime news shows that Wall Street, and other trading websites are on shutdown. People are now starting to panic, as most do not carry more than $20 in their wallet, and rely on Debit Cards. Only, they're no longer working.

News channels are now sensationalizing the financial collapse of the banking system, and are starting to explain why banks are shutting down to protect themselves per their emergency plans. This starts a slow rising panic in the populace that gains momentum across the country. Reports come in of people arguing at gas pumps, grocery stores, and even liquor stores and tobacco stores. Shots are fired. Car jackings. Groups of like-minded anarchists begin moving together, searching for opportunities. Police were trying to help, but then they realized that they probably won't get paid anytime soon, and their own wives/husbands/kids are at home panicking.

Obama declares Martial Law/curfews/National Guard roadblocks. All this just before the internet and cell phones drop out. Since 99% of populace is not prepared for anything, and most of them think the government is supposed to protect them, over a third of the population either succumbs to violence, illness, starvation, or dehydration. The rest of us will try to bunker down and hold up, or will be forced to move and loot to survive.

All this will take place in the course of two weeks. Don't think it could happen that way? Look at what happened to NO, LA in the course of one week after Katrina. Now, imagine that on a national scale...

Is this the Preview to a new story thread for us to follow!?!?!??!

Sounds like the makings of a good (read-REALISTIC) one.

Top Bottom