• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

I third this.

Most of this thread has been a total cluster F***.

As you can tell from my join date and post count I don't post very much. This "discussion" has been a ridiculous exercise in massive mental masturbation.

Oh, I am not a misogynist either.

I think she doesn't know what she thinks yet. When and if she figures it out she might let us know.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I third this.

Most of this thread has been a total cluster F***.

As you can tell from my join date and post count I don't post very much. This "discussion" has been a ridiculous exercise in massive mental masturbation.

Oh, I am not a misogynist either.

I think she doesn't know what she thinks yet. When and if she figures it out she might let us know.

Yes, but only if we ask her. Otherwise, she'll post vague comments, then get mad that somebody construed her comment to mean something that she didn't mean, but that nobody asked her actual opinion, which she may, or may not, have yet formed.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Yes, but only if we ask her. Otherwise, she'll post vague comments, then get mad that somebody construed her comment to mean something that she didn't mean, but that nobody asked her actual opinion, which she may, or may not, have yet formed.

If she get mad she gets mad. I/we did not make her mad she made herself mad.

Her actual opinion ( real, imagined, formed or unformed) will be an evolving one. Some day, hopefully, the realization that the less the government is in/runs our (some what free people) lives the better off we all are, will occur.

I tried to point that out with my ridiculous what if's and thoughts. :dunno:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    yes I second this emotion.

damba manba... Kid your avatar is not cute and cuddly anymore. Does this reflect a change in your outlook and should we expect.to see this reflected in your posts. Or what.

Kid?

Bad couple a days, needed something a little less cute is all, nothing to worry about. I promise :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While we are discussing voluntary training surrounding the LTHC, I think we should emphasize getting training early.

There are NO requirements to be licensed to train. There is huge benefit to training prior to purchasing your first handgun. Shooting the instructors guns, with direction, can be a valuable tool in making your critical decision regarding the life saving tool you will be buying.

Too often people make poor gun choices that lead them in poor directions. The old outdated idea that snub nosed revolvers are an acceptable first handgun for anyone is a perfect example.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    While we are discussing voluntary training surrounding the LTHC, I think we should emphasize getting training early.

There are NO requirements to be licensed to train. There is huge benefit to training prior to purchasing your first handgun. Shooting the instructors guns, with direction, can be a valuable tool in making your critical decision regarding the life saving tool you will be buying.

Too often people make poor gun choices that lead them in poor directions. The old outdated idea that snub nosed revolvers are an acceptable first handgun for anyone is a perfect example.

I agree. Anyone that knows me knows that I am all about getting all the GOOD, PROFESSIONAL training that you can.

Plinking cans in the barn lot is not defensive gun training.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics-training/329785-mercop-coming-back-indiana.html

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree. Just beating a dead horse. A statement or question was made. Several answers were given.
    Now its just a pileup.
    That implies that it's personal. It is not.
    It's about education of the masses that read this post at the top of the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" forum of INGunOwners.com. I think too often a chatty handful of folks think INGO is just about them...:dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I think she doesn't know what she thinks yet.

DING DING DING! It only took 22 pages for someone to pick up on what I've been saying all along. I never claimed to have all the answers. As I have already stated, gun ownership and the whole 2A mindset are very new to me, and I am still learning.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Before you ask questions later. I thought everyone knew this?

Seriously, there was a video of a lawyer at a rally, who discusses things to think about 'in that moment'. All of the consequences from shooting, rolled up into a half second of thought. If the answer was 'Yes, I am willing to go through all of that' then the shooter would likely be justified in their decision.

I tried searching for that vid (it was posted on INGO in 2013) but failed to find it. :(

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    That implies that it's personal. It is not.
    It's about education of the masses that read this post at the top of the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" forum of INGunOwners.com. I think too often a chatty handful of folks think INGO is just about them...:dunno:

Just make sure you don't forget to put a slam in each post to let everyone know how superior you are than the "chatty handful."

This just strike me as hateful.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    DING DING DING! It only took 22 pages for someone to pick up on what I've been saying all along.

Off topic, but you know you can adjust how many posts appear on each page, right ? You don't have to wade through 22 pages. I only have 8 in this thread so far.

Just a helpful suggestion. :): Now back to the thread ........

artesianjack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Martinsville
    Use common sense, if you truely feel you or someone close to you is in immediate danger of being injured or worse, do what you have to do to protect yourself or others.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    What's worse than people who don't think they should be required to take a class in order to own a gun? People who open carry.

What's worse than that? Glocks.

Top Bottom