So Where do you all normally go to get supplies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 87.5%
    14   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    I looked around briefly but didnt see a post or pin -

Where is your normal go to for supplies? outside of the random sales now and then that may be better, where do you prefer to go to get your reloading stuffs :)

Thanks!

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I've gotten the bulk of reloading supplies from Tomlinson Shooting Supply in Churubusco. It's the closest shop within driving distance for me. But I also prefer brick and mortar mom and pop stores myself. Great staff. Sometimes they don't have what I'm looking. But would rather give my money to them as opposed to big box stores. And they do online sales also. https://www.tomlinsonshootingsupply.com/home

Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 87.5%
    14   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    I've gotten the bulk of reloading supplies from Tomlinson Shooting Supply in Churubusco. It's the closest shop within driving distance for me. But I also prefer brick and mortar mom and pop stores myself. Great staff. Sometimes they don't have what I'm looking. But would rather give my money to them as opposed to big box stores. And they do online sales also. https://www.tomlinsonshootingsupply.com/home

Nice, I go to Bass and Bucks Near Fort Wayne but thats a 1.5 hour drive. Not to bad.
    They have a small supply but usually have great prices on supplies they do have.

In Lafayette, Four guns also, but they dont seem to be stocking much these days. Supply is very thin.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I looked around briefly but didnt see a post or pin -

Where is your normal go to for supplies? outside of the random sales now and then that may be better, where do you prefer to go to get your reloading stuffs :)

Thanks!
    Swing by Brian's Surplus in Greentown, if you have wants give him a call, he also does gun shows around the State and will bring what you need if it's in stock.
    He's also an Industrial Partner here.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City

Tomlinson's is my go to for reloading supplies also. They almost always have what I need for powder, primers and boolits.

Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 87.5%
    14   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    Swing by Brian's Surplus in Greentown, if you have wants give him a call, he also does gun shows around the State and will bring what you need if it's in stock.
    He's also an Industrial Partner here.
    I think I bought some bullets from them in Indy this past weekend actually.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Nice, I go to Bass and Bucks Near Fort Wayne but thats a 1.5 hour drive. Not to bad.
    They have a small supply but usually have great prices on supplies they do have.

In Lafayette, Four guns also, but they dont seem to be stocking much these days. Supply is very thin.
    I'll have to check them out sometime when I am out that way.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Tomlinson's is my go to for reloading supplies also. They almost always have what I need for powder, primers and boolits.
    It's been a hit and miss with primers and Hornady bullets for me. The old man that works there said that they never know what they are getting in each week. Thats on the supplier. And the young lady that works there is very knowledgeable and always eager to be helpful. I have nothing but good things to say about them. And even don't mind spending a little extra just for their service.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Bobcat Armament has a large selection of components on hand which is great if you want it fast (and no hazmat). You can save a little money if you wait for like Grafs or PowderValley online to have a free hazmat/free shipping type sale.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Have you been to Brian's Surplus on the west side of Greentown?
    He has a darn good selection of powders and components just on the east side of Kokomo from you.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Bobcat Armament has a large selection of components on hand which is great if you want it fast (and no hazmat). You can save a little money if you wait for like Grafs or PowderValley online to have a free hazmat/free shipping type sale.
    I tend to use Bobcat for reloading tools and Dillon parts and dies.
    Last week Kimbal had a set of Dillon carbide 223 dies in stock. I ordered them online and in two days they were in my mailbox. Kimbal doesn't play around when it's time to ship!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In case nobody has said it yet, Brian’s surplus, I sent him a pm on here, he was coming to a show in Evansville, made it a point to make sure I was able to get the powder I wanted! (Held it back to make sure I got some!)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I buy bullets on sale from Midway or Sportman's Warehouse. For powder and primers I go to Bass Pro/Cabela's or LGS, that hazmat surcharge sucks. :faint:
    Hit the gun show in Evansville, call Brians Surplus and tell him your needs a few days before the show and if its in stock it will be easier on your wallet. Hes an industrial Partner here.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I wish that I had a locally owned reloading supply shop nearby but Cabelas and Bass Pro are my only brick and mortar options. Occasionally, I will find reasonably priced items at the gun shows in Crown Point. Most of my purchases are online at MidwayUSA, Brownells, Natchez, Grafs and Powder Valley. I always shop around for the lowest combination of price and shipping costs as there are always sale items and occasional shipping deals.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Thank you for the tip, I'm right near 'busco,I will be giving these guys a visit this weekend.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thank you for the tip, I'm right near 'busco,I will be giving these guys a visit this weekend.
    Also hit the crown point gun show and see Brian's Surplus in Greentown tables, you also have the option to call his store and see if he has in stock what you need.
    He will gladly see that your needs will be at the show waiting for you.

574mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Osceola IN
    I do online for some. I didn’t see precision reloading mentioned as an option. I don’t like the hazmat on powder primers, I try to do that local as much as possible. Occasionally you can get good prices on gunbroker. Near me, north central, I hit the firing pin in niles, they have good powder selection and primers when they can get them, also kempf gun store in Michigan city. They have the best selection of bullets I have found. If you want to buy primers from them, you have to buy bullets to go with them.

Top Bottom