• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Sometimes I am confused with my buddy. He loves Glocks but hates Pmags on the sole belief that they are crap because he wasn't issued or used them in combat when he was a Marine. His idea is that he doesn't like things he hadn't tested or are battle proven despite how Pmags have been used by the military and law enforcement and are battle proven. I argued with him about how he bought his Glock despite he didn't get experience with that in the Marines. He countered by saying he was issued and experienced with one in the police department for the few years he was apart of it before leaving the department a couple years in. I pointed out he had a Glock 29 before he was a cop and he said he went right into being a Glock fan and there lies his contradiction in things.

Seriously, he's a good friend and yet when it comes to the gun world, he throws his Marine corp experience and cop experience in my face and I'm the uninformed civilian?

I'm trying to convince him that Pmags are pretty awesome and he is dead set that they are a bunch of plastic crap...while carrying a Glock that's plastic. Oh, I'm sorry, plastic wrapped around metal.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Me thinks you need to quit putting so much stock in what your friend says? Isn't this the third or fourth my friend doesn't like post?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I don't put much stock in what anybody has to say unless I try it for myself but I'm not going to be an A-hole about it and wave my combat experience and technical know how in someone's face.

If someone doesn't know ballistics and I try to explain why X caliber is on paper superior to Y caliber and they don't understand, I'm going to be sarcastic but not an overbearing dick about it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;rdesKUSUchA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=rdesKUSUchA[/video]

Sometimes guys in the military get a little funny about trusting their life to "new and improved" stuff.
    Remember, they don't get to walk into a place and try stuff out.
    And sometimes the "improved" stuff was determined to be improved, by someone that didn't have stakes in the game.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah I told my buddy about that test and his only response is where in a combat situation would your mags get accidentally rolled over by a HUMVEE? I think his reasons is the torture tests are no practical tests of endurance for equipment.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Encourage his thought process, maybe it will spread, and P-Mags will get even cheaper for the rest of us to buy. Honestly, I prefer the stainless mags in my AR over even the Aluminum ones that I was issued while in the Corps. I tried to like Glocks, but the plastic gun thing just doesnt do it for me. I own a few, and its all form and function in those cases, not anything to do with actually liking them. They work, the pricepoint was acceptable, and that is all. When I want something nice, its going to be steel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah I told my buddy about that test and his only response is where in a combat situation would your mags get accidentally rolled over by a HUMVEE? I think his reasons is the torture tests are no practical tests of endurance for equipment.
    Then he can run the sht outta one and see.
    Can't think of a time he has to worry about the strength of a mag? Really?
    Stuff gets stepped on, equipment gets stacked on, and yes crap gets run over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you trusted your life to one technique or a certain piece of gear at a certain point in your life when you were told to and other people were shooting at you, don't you think it reasonable that you continue with that technique or piece of gear?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I just think he's kinda stubborn and rather try things at his own pace and if it was his own original idea. I also think he doesn't like it when a civilian with no formal military or law enforcement training is telling him about tactics and gear. I wish I have more buddies who are Marines so they can talk to him on an even level.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    if he wants to buy metal mags then who cares. Pmags are awesome, everyone(except him) knows it. Glocks are awesome too, everyone knows it just many people wont admit it. No point in arguing it, its seems like religion, this guy believes something, until he uses it himself and tests it himself he wont change in his mind. understandable

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My brother wanted a certain model Eotech. His has been thru an IED, and still worked. He admitted there were newer, and possibly better. But, he and THAT model Eotech went thru an IED.
    I can't fault his logic.
    And, it's his life, his decision.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Then he can run the sht outta one and see.
    Can't think of a time he has to worry about the strength of a mag? Really?
    Stuff gets stepped on, equipment gets stacked on, and yes crap gets run over.

Very true ..... I am a FORMER Marine, and VERY proud of it ..... BUT, just because the MARINES, or ANY other branch of Service, uses, or does it, doesn't make it RIGHT, or the ONLY way to do it .....
    IF it were TRUE, THEN ONLY Former Military, or LEO, would be putting on training classes, instead of all the other people, who do .....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a PMAG fetish now. When you've handled as many as I have (cue Michael Scott) you kinda become attached to them.

i agree with Kirk, it's the history and experiences that binds things together

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    That's another odd thing too. A lot of guys would say they are FORMER Marines, but some are very adamant to still call themselves Marines and not FORMER or EX simply because they've earned the right to be called that and there is no point in their life when they are NOT Marines.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Me thinks you need to quit putting so much stock in what your friend says? Isn't this the third or fourth my friend doesn't like post?

:lmfao: I just checked his threads and seriously every one I clicked on started with some variation of "my buddy says".

Perhaps an avatar change is in order. :laugh:

929f_12.jpg

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well I can't help it....my buddy says a lot of things to me...and sometimes I feel it's completely bull****.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not going to be an A-hole about it and wave my combat experience ...

Do you have any?

I use Pmags, but I'll admit I'm not an early adopter on anything I'm going to stake my life on. I'll also admit sometimes that causes me to miss improvements, but I have faith in everything I carry.

Top Bottom