• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I always find comments about the Glock grip angle interesting. Yes the gun "points high" if you are used to 1911s. But with the low bore relative to the hand and by pushing the wrist forward the Glock is a very easy gun to control under recoil. For practical use Glock got it right. I will admit that moving between 1911 and Glock (I shoot 1911 90% of the time) throws me off for the first shot out of the holster. But after a couple shots or a little dry practice I am tuned back in. Same can be said about differences in triggers on different pistols. Actually the way a trigger breaks affects me more then grip angle.

saw elsewhere on INGO that the army is looking at Glock 19s. For $325 each I say devote a plant in the US to producing them and kick me out by the thousands. Give all the boys a Glock with metal sights and three mags.

rickkain29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Honestly, it is the only thing I have ever known. Growing up my dad was a law enforcement officer and his department carried G22s so that is what I have always been around. But honestly, there a lot of other good options out there. I know this really isn't a "love for glocks" but its my way of saying that Glocks really aren't all that in my perspective.

paul24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't love them. They are a tool. One that always goes bang and rarely needs cleaning. Parts, mags and holsters are cheap and everywhere.

Agree with this sentiment completely. Also, I know I will be in the minority with this, but I like the standard sights. The sight picture just makes sense to me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Because they are cheap and go bang in a nutshell. If you want an actual nice "Glock" there are companies all over the place more than happy to take peoples money and turn a $500 Glock into a $2000 glock with a 1911 grip angle and a lightened slide with cool gold coatings.

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    Why? Because many police adopted it and thus civilians wanted what the police had. And TV shows. The same reason people liked revolvers and lever guns due to the cowboy movies and TV shows. It helps that a Glock is not POS. They are reliable, accurate, and have more capacity than a revolver.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I started carrying a Glock in 2007. At that time, there weren't many pistols that could check as many of the boxes on my list that Glock could. I wanted a gun that:

1) had different frame sizes that could share magazines across the platform.

2) had a .22 conversion kit with a threaded barrel that replicated the manual of arms of the centerfire gun.

3) had a durable and corrosion-resistant finish.

4) had a light rail.

5) was (relatively) inexpensive.

6) was easy to get parts for.
    But it is 2016. To some extent the market has improved to the point that I might not choose Glock if faced with that same choice today, but back then they were it. I think SIG has a real competitor to Glock's dominance in the SIG P320. I really hope they haven't released a .22 conversion kit for the P320 because they are working on getting it to lock the slide back on an empty magazine like the Advantage Arms kit for the Glock.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I probably posted on this thread. If I did don't stop me, I want to hear it again :laugh:

In my family there are three Hondas and three Glocks. None are fancy but they are all reliable and dependable. When you turn the key it starts; when you pull the trigger it goes bang.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    In my family there are three Hondas and three Glocks. None are fancy but they are all reliable and dependable. When you turn the key it starts; when you pull the trigger it goes bang.

I see I'm outvoted. :D Apparently Glocks are Hondas, not Toyotas.

Fergusons Weeds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The only way I'd want a Glock is if there were only going to be one manufacturer allowed to exist. If there's only going to be one, make it a Glock. Ugly as can be but they run forever regardless of what abuse you give them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to have a genuine dislike for Glocks. I did not like the lack of a hammer and I did not care for a lack of a safety. Then, I bought my first Glock and realized that, if you are not an idiot, you really can holster one without a ND. I got comfortable with the lack of a safety and before I knew it, I had almost as many Glocks as 1911s. I'm down to 3 now, but the three I have are keepers.

Glocks are a great tool to have around. They don't try to be pretty, they just work. The three pillars of my collection stand on 1911s, CZs and Glocks. All have their place and role.

Top Bottom