• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I live in the New Albany/Clarksville/Jeffersonville area...any one down here in the south want get together to eat and talk INGO, and guns?
    I'd like some suggestions for the southern members as to where would be good, I can do up to an hour away...
    So Madison, Evansville, Jasper, any suggestions? Columbus, Scottsburg, Salem? Venue should be big, reasonably priced, and 2A friendly...So lets talk....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Stoll's in Loogootee or Gasthof's in Montgomery for Amish buffets.

Smaller more southern meet could be Schnetzelbank (sp) in Jasper.

First two are large and buffets. I don't see a way to factor in guns except as a conversation topic. You going to the Ferdinand show in a couple weeks?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany

First two are large and buffets. I don't see a way to factor in guns except as a conversation topic. You going to the Ferdinand show in a couple weeks?
    Hadn’t planned on it, but am open to most anything..

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Love this place....

1705021247939.png

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I live in the New Albany/Clarksville/Jeffersonville area...any one down here in the south want get together to eat and talk INGO, and guns?
    I'd like some suggestions for the southern members as to where would be good, I can do up to an hour away...
    So Madison, Evansville, Jasper, any suggestions? Columbus, Scottsburg, Salem? Venue should be big, reasonably priced, and 2A friendly...So lets talk....
    I'm in NA area mostly but open to suggestions schedule permitting. I would like to attend the Ferdinand show it works out time wise.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    y'all down there may not need to worry about it, but keep an eye on the weather.

I know you all are old and feeble and don't need to be out on the icy roads when it's pert'near 0 degrees. :-D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

The Pines has a nice buffet. But only open on Sundays POST covid. We have our annual Gun Club meeting there and it isn’t a problem. Everyone is armed but I don’t think there are many that carry openly. To be honest I have never paid much attention.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Flipdaddy's is a burger place in Scottsburg. I've never been yet but heard good things. It's right off I-65, so the location would be convenient for a larger number of people. Maybe someone more familiar could say if it's a good choice or not.

No dog in the fight, just throwing out a suggestion.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I would be interested depending on my schedule, which is rather crazy this time of year unfortunately.

For anyone attending the Ferdinand Gun show, I am putting on a chili and bbq contest just a 5 minute drive away on Saturday at the St. Anthony Conservation Club. Come on out and try BBQ from 20 of the best teams in Indiana. $8 for tasting some awesome BBQ and Chili, we will also have drinks and desserts for sale. Tasting will be available from 11am-2pm, pay when you park, cash only.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Flipdaddy's is a burger place in Scottsburg. I've never been yet but heard good things. It's right off I-65, so the location would be convenient for a larger number of people. Maybe someone more familiar could say if it's a good choice or not.

No dog in the fight, just throwing out a suggestion.
    There is a Flipdaddy's in Corydon now as well. Never been but heard it's purdy good.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Flipdaddy's is a burger place in Scottsburg. I

+1 on the burger place! I would be interested in a southern Indiana meet and eat...

And evidently I'm in the minority on this thread, but I cannot understand why anyone likes buffets. Large quantity of barely edible "homestyle" foods at inflated prices. It's all mass-market slop produced by volume, not quality... How can that ever compete with a pizza place, a burger place, a steak place, a Mexican place, etc... where you can order what you actually like on the menu?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    +1 on the burger place! I would be interested in a southern Indiana meet and eat...

And evidently I'm in the minority on this thread, but I cannot understand why anyone likes buffets. Large quantity of barely edible "homestyle" foods at inflated prices. It's all mass-market slop produced by volume, not quality... How can that ever compete with a pizza place, a burger place, a steak place, a Mexican place, etc... where you can order what you actually like on the menu?

Stoll's will change your mind. It's nothing like corporate chain buffets. I don't know if it's still Amish owned/operated, but the quality is there. They've modernized a bit over the years (you can get soft drinks now! used to just be tea/lemonade/coffee/water) but the food is still excellent.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    For anyone attending the Ferdinand Gun show, I am putting on a chili and bbq contest just a 5 minute drive away on Saturday at the St. Anthony Conservation Club. Come on out and try BBQ from 20 of the best teams in Indiana. $8 for tasting some awesome BBQ and Chili, we will also have drinks and desserts for sale.
    interesting, thanks. I’m about 1.5hr up 231, so that sounds like a nice Saturday - gun show, bbq, and good company? :cheers:

It would also get grandpa out and walking. He might like talking to some guys his age (67) too lol

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    interesting, thanks. I’m about 1.5hr up 231, so that sounds like a nice Saturday - gun show, bbq, and good company? :cheers:

It would also get grandpa out and walking. He might like talking to some guys his age (67) too lol
    Tasting will be available from 11am-2pm, We will have bonfires outside and a nice big heated building to warm up.

I will be in the kitchen area/judging area most of the day if you do stop by.

Top Bottom