• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I would be interested depending on my schedule, which is rather crazy this time of year unfortunately.

For anyone attending the Ferdinand Gun show, I am putting on a chili and bbq contest just a 5 minute drive away on Saturday at the St. Anthony Conservation Club. Come on out and try BBQ from 20 of the best teams in Indiana. $8 for tasting some awesome BBQ and Chili, we will also have drinks and desserts for sale. Tasting will be available from 11am-2pm, pay when you park, cash only.
    Oh man, that sounds good! Gunshow and BBQ!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Flipdaddy's is a burger place in Scottsburg. I've never been yet but heard good things. It's right off I-65, so the location would be convenient for a larger number of people. Maybe someone more familiar could say if it's a good choice or not.

No dog in the fight, just throwing out a suggestion.
    I haven't eaten there yet but many have that I work with. The concensus is 50/50. Before they officially opened I kept hearing chatter of how amazing their burgers are. Now that they've been open awhile here I rarely hear anyone say it's awesome. Just "not bad"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I haven't eaten there yet but many have that I work with. The concensus is 50/50. Before they officially opened I kept hearing chatter of how amazing their burgers are. Now that they've been open awhile here I rarely hear anyone say it's awesome. Just "not bad"

I find most places' burger disappointing compared to home made. I season my beef, do a tiny test burger to check the mix and adjust if needed, then do smash burgers on a cast iron in the Kamado Joe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll go if the weather is good for driving. Haven't been to most of the places mentioned, but they all sound OK.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You know it was a lot easier to have meet and greets with you all when I had a gun shop.....

edit: this is self deprecating humor based on a joke between BBI and myself when he would come down and we would get Indi's wings and eat them in the shop and an allusion to a southern Indiana meet and greet we had at the shop years ago involving pizza and bacon...the joke being, it's hard to get me to go anywhere I am not going to already be...I see that it can be misconstrued and that is on me...But...seeing as how I was making fun of myself and my hermit-ness I am going to leave it as is but please keep in mind the joke is directed to myself and the whole, "you can't get him to go anywhere" running joke.....

God bless...can't wait to see you all.....

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I just found this... penciling in the Ferdinand Gun and Knife show on Saturday, Jan 27th absent an as yet unknown conflict or weather I'll be there.

I'm with @xwing in normally being against meh buffets... but a good Amish place... and an @indiucky endorsed Amish at that... that is a horse of color!

Or anything BBI recommends... or BBQ... all good!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Seriously. Did that statement above say what it appears to say?

Kinda....

I am making fun of how lazy I am....

i.e. it was very easy for a bum like me to do a meet and greet when I didn't have to go anywhere but where I was already going to be at lol.....

Please tell me you get it now ese lol...and remember my humor is always directed at myself and my faults...I read it again and I am like, "yep...they know how hard it is to get me off my butt to go anywhere" lol....

We had a "meet and greet" when the shop first opened...bacon and pizza...i.e. "you know it was a lot easier to have a meet and greet when I had the shop".....

It's my self deprecating humor hoss.....

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kinda....

I am making fun of how lazy I am....

i.e. it was very easy for a bum like me to do a meet and greet when I didn't have to go anywhere but where I was already going to be at lol.....

Please tell me you get it now ese lol...and remember my humor is always directed at myself and my faults...I read it again and I am like, "yep...they know how hard it is to get me off my butt to go anywhere" lol....

We had a "meet and greet" when the shop first opened...bacon and pizza...i.e. "you know it was a lot easier to have a meet and greet when I had the shop".....

It's my self deprecating humor hoss.....
    Good. I thought it meant you hit the lottery and were (in a round about way) making fun of us from your oceanfront condo or something. Glad you’re still shivering with the rest of us.

Top Bottom