• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Fairbanks it is. Dang, maybe I gave too much info? As much as I would love to help with your water bill, I have two boys in college, so I can't. This next purchase I will make takes quite a bit of saving, about the only time i get me money!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I do want a suppressor, I like the ones my dad has. I am kind of waiting to see if the new administration makes in a non-NFA item?
    The Dems will probably block it, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are really fun though. Don't let the $200 stamp stop you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I recommend a nice CZ and installation of Pro package parts from Cajun Gun Works and good night sights, like mepros or TruGlo TFX. If you get a nice CZ used, you can likely get the CGW parts and sights and stay in your budget. You end up with a seriously sweet gun. Here's a pic of the nicest shooting gun I own, CZ 75 Compact with TruGlo TFX, extended thumb safety, CGW Pro package and a SAO trigger:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I recommend a nice CZ and installation of Pro package parts from Cajun Gun Works and good night sights, like mepros or TruGlo TFX. If you get a nice CZ used, you can likely get the CGW parts and sights and stay in your budget. You end up with a seriously sweet gun. Here's a pic of the nicest shooting gun I own, CZ 75 Compact with TruGlo TFX, extended thumb safety, CGW Pro package and a SAO trigger:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg
    Excellent advice.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, should have a basic .22LR pistol and rifle.

+1 on this!

If cash is an issue and you are short on funds the 22 is a great way to get cheap trigger time! If you are set on the 1911 platform look at one in a 22. Cheap practice for your current platform (I know it is not exactly the same) but it is still better than dry fire.

You could also get a 22 cal insert for your AR....get these two and you would still have $300-400.00 left over?

Last edited:

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    With my expected haul from Christmas Plus what I have saved, I expect to have around 900ish to spend. I already have a nice Kimber classic custom royal and a Colt M4, but want another 1911 and would also like another ar-15. The Ruger 1911 looks nice as well as several AR's. With about 900 what would you buy?

I would get a ar 15 clone in 22 so you can practice more often. The smith and wesson is the only one with the same controls as the ar. I have a performance center version that I like. I would get the standard version and a sig p320 subcompact or glock 19, or the carry gun of your choice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    you can not go any better than a Chiappa Rhino.
    Now you can get it in original 357/38 and/or 9mm.
    It is just as much fun as great to shoot.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Seems like a lot of stress deciding. I say give it away here and stay warm in the thoughts that one of us put it to immediate use :)

TheARfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Avon
    Have you considered building an AR? For $900(ish) you could build yourself a VERY nice gun. I spent about $500 in total on my first AR build and it shoots just as well as any of my friends store bought ARs.

Top Bottom