• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Fairbanks it is. Dang, maybe I gave too much info? As much as I would love to help with your water bill, I have two boys in college, so I can't. This next purchase I will make takes quite a bit of saving, about the only time i get me money!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I do want a suppressor, I like the ones my dad has. I am kind of waiting to see if the new administration makes in a non-NFA item?
    The Dems will probably block it, I wouldn't hold my breath. They are really fun though. Don't let the $200 stamp stop you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I recommend a nice CZ and installation of Pro package parts from Cajun Gun Works and good night sights, like mepros or TruGlo TFX. If you get a nice CZ used, you can likely get the CGW parts and sights and stay in your budget. You end up with a seriously sweet gun. Here's a pic of the nicest shooting gun I own, CZ 75 Compact with TruGlo TFX, extended thumb safety, CGW Pro package and a SAO trigger:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I recommend a nice CZ and installation of Pro package parts from Cajun Gun Works and good night sights, like mepros or TruGlo TFX. If you get a nice CZ used, you can likely get the CGW parts and sights and stay in your budget. You end up with a seriously sweet gun. Here's a pic of the nicest shooting gun I own, CZ 75 Compact with TruGlo TFX, extended thumb safety, CGW Pro package and a SAO trigger:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg
    Excellent advice.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, should have a basic .22LR pistol and rifle.

+1 on this!

If cash is an issue and you are short on funds the 22 is a great way to get cheap trigger time! If you are set on the 1911 platform look at one in a 22. Cheap practice for your current platform (I know it is not exactly the same) but it is still better than dry fire.

You could also get a 22 cal insert for your AR....get these two and you would still have $300-400.00 left over?

Last edited:

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    With my expected haul from Christmas Plus what I have saved, I expect to have around 900ish to spend. I already have a nice Kimber classic custom royal and a Colt M4, but want another 1911 and would also like another ar-15. The Ruger 1911 looks nice as well as several AR's. With about 900 what would you buy?

I would get a ar 15 clone in 22 so you can practice more often. The smith and wesson is the only one with the same controls as the ar. I have a performance center version that I like. I would get the standard version and a sig p320 subcompact or glock 19, or the carry gun of your choice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    you can not go any better than a Chiappa Rhino.
    Now you can get it in original 357/38 and/or 9mm.
    It is just as much fun as great to shoot.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Seems like a lot of stress deciding. I say give it away here and stay warm in the thoughts that one of us put it to immediate use :)

TheARfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Avon
    Have you considered building an AR? For $900(ish) you could build yourself a VERY nice gun. I spent about $500 in total on my first AR build and it shoots just as well as any of my friends store bought ARs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom