• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Did i really just spend 2 and a half hours reading 385 pages on this single thread..........I don't even know what to say....don't do it people, for the love of god....don't do it......

This is good advice.

the liberal Obongo fan is back. :rolleyes:

I'm not an "Obama fan." He has been a bit of a disappointment, actually. That doesn't make a picture of Reagan explaining an economic chart any less darkly hilarious.

Where is it written that only knee-jerk neoconservatives are welcome here? There are plenty of Indiana gun owners who don't subscribe to that philosophy. I know several who make me look like Scalia in comparison.

Here's another funny picture:

fedlq1.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not an "Obama fan." He has been a bit of a disappointment, actually. That doesn't make a picture of Reagan explaining an economic chart any less darkly hilarious.

Where is it written that only knee-jerk neoconservatives are welcome here? There are plenty of Indiana gun owners who don't subscribe to that philosophy. I know several who make me look like Scalia in comparison.

Here's another funny picture:

fedlq1.jpg

You've leveled some accusations at this BB in your post.

I'm going to reply to refute those and move this thread to the politics forum rather than continue to derail this thread.
    About Obama being "a bit of a disappointment"; In all honesty, I'm not in the slightest bit disappointed in his performance, but maybe that's because his record in office caused me to set my expectations of him very low and he has managed to live down to all of them. I also note that you specifically pointed out how the Break Room is not for political comments, then post something in violation of that policy yourself. I've issued you no warnings nor infractions, but I will make not of the apparent hypocrisy.

As for "knee-jerk neoconservatives" being the only ones welcome here... Hmm. Well, I guess that means that the entire mod staff and the site owner aren't welcome. Most of us are libertarian (in thought more so than party) and as such, just want government to follow the Constitution and get the hell out of the People's way.

Curiosity: What about the Ron Paul coin is it you find humorous?

Blessings,
    Bill

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    There is a fairly strong clique of neocons here, but there is also a fairly strong representation of libertarians. We even have some Obama-voting gun owners here and there. The only thing we don't have a lot of is anti-gun liberal whackjobs, but honestly I don't miss them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I find the coin funny because he's on a coin and never been President. Sure we have coins that don't have presidents on them, but He's really not been that much of an influence on the direction of this Country. That's why I find it funny. :D

I do like the guy, but funny is funny. :thumbsup:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I find the coin funny because he's on a coin and never been President. Sure we have coins that don't have presidents on them, but He's really not been that much of an influence on the direction of this Country. That's why I find it funny. :D

I do like the guy, but funny is funny. :thumbsup:

You know the coin is not real, right? It's "internet reality" only. Besides, he would be on a gold Eagle, not a silver Dollar, since he's supposedly all about the "gold standard".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You know the coin is not real, right? It's "internet reality" only. Besides, he would be on a gold Eagle, not a silver Dollar, since he's supposedly all about the "gold standard".
    Actually, you'd be mistaken. That coin was real and was minted by the Liberty Dollar people. Consequently, it was seized by government thugs out to destroy the Liberty Dollar people. That coin was no meme.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I also think most everyone is misusing or misidentifying the term "neo-con", formally neo-conservative. I really doubt many here would qualify as a "neo-conservative" in the original definition of the title.

Neoconservatism - Conservapedia

This is a pretty good descriptive article, and reads like the writer lifted some of the phrases from the conservspedia site.

Asia Times - What is a neo-conservative anyway?

I personally consider myself a "classic" conservative, where I am for limited government, limited taxes, and liberty and freedom, and always have. There's nothing "neo" to my views.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Actually, you'd be mistaken. That coin was real and was minted by the Liberty Dollar people. Consequently, it was seized by government thugs out to destroy the Liberty Dollar people. That coin was no meme.

I stand corrected, then. There was no legal coin struck with his image on it. "Government thugs"? Federal law has been pretty clear for not allowing currency other than legal tender being struck for some time. It's just common sense.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I stand corrected, then. There was no legal coin struck with his image on it. "Government thugs"? Federal law has been pretty clear for not allowing currency other than legal tender being struck for some time. It's just common sense.
    Nowhere on those coins, or certificates did it state they were legal tender. Collectible coins are minted every day in this country by private vendors and they aren't raided, nor do they have their assets seized by the government thugs who did it to the Liberty Dollar. They not only seized the assets of the company but the private property of their customers. So, yeah. They're thugs.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

So I can't take a bar of gold, Mold a coin with my face on it that says SavageEagle and God Bless America, with the weight averaging $20, and stamp it as such?

Surely they can't tell me what I can and can't do with my own metals, right?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    So I can't take a bar of gold, Mold a coin with my face on it that says SavageEagle and God Bless America, with the weight averaging $20, and stamp it as such?

Surely they can't tell me what I can and can't do with my own metals, right?

You can't identify its worth on the coin, use any representation of the US on it, or attempt to pass it off as legal currency. That's counterfeiting. If you leave off any valuation statement on it, ($20), and only say God Bless America with your likeness on it, then it's a medal. I used to have that USC somewhere for coin collecting, I'll look for it shortly.

If people want to fuss, it ought to be over the defacing of sliver dollars to put Obama's mug on it, and then marketing them with no issues (that I've heard of).

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Nowhere on those coins, or certificates did it state they were legal tender. Collectible coins are minted every day in this country by private vendors and they aren't raided, nor do they have their assets seized by the government thugs who did it to the Liberty Dollar. They not only seized the assets of the company but the private property of their customers. So, yeah. They're thugs.

None of those collectible coins have a value listed on them, nor do they use the term "Liberty Dollar". There's a reason Monoply money looks very fake. If it can be reasonably thought of as legal, government backed tender, it's counterfeit. The "Liberty Dollar" people flirted with a really big fire, and they're lucky they got away with singes. If they had dropped the word "Dollar", and the "$20", I'll bet there wouldn't have been any problems, but noooo, they've got to see how far they can push it, and they learned.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You can't identify its worth on the coin, use any representation of the US on it, or attempt to pass it off as legal currency. That's counterfeiting. If you leave off any valuation statement on it, ($20), and only say God Bless America with your likeness on it, then it's a medal. I used to have that USC somewhere for coin collecting, I'll look for it shortly.

If people want to fuss, it ought to be over the defacing of sliver dollars to put Obama's mug on it, and then marketing them with no issues (that I've heard of).

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks! I'd rep you but I'm out, for now. :):

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The funniest coins are the ones with stickers placed on them and sold for 10-20 times their face value.

Coins from Liberty Dollar are minted in precious metals that hold inherent value.

41v4L1o4bFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

HistoricVictoryPlate.jpg

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    eBayISAPI.dll

See, this ought to be "defacement" of a US coin, even if Franklin Mint got permission to declare it "legal tender". Technically, it is defacing US currency. Personally, I KNOW it's degrading US Currency, in more ways than one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm gonna have to show this to my wife since she works for a contractor of the US Mint and sells the coins they put out on the market....

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You've leveled some accusations at this BB in your post.

I'm going to reply to refute those and move this thread to the politics forum rather than continue to derail this thread.
    About Obama being "a bit of a disappointment"; In all honesty, I'm not in the slightest bit disappointed in his performance, but maybe that's because his record in office caused me to set my expectations of him very low and he has managed to live down to all of them. I also note that you specifically pointed out how the Break Room is not for political comments, then post something in violation of that policy yourself. I've issued you no warnings nor infractions, but I will make not of the apparent hypocrisy.

As for "knee-jerk neoconservatives" being the only ones welcome here... Hmm. Well, I guess that means that the entire mod staff and the site owner aren't welcome. Most of us are libertarian (in thought more so than party) and as such, just want government to follow the Constitution and get the hell out of the People's way.

Curiosity: What about the Ron Paul coin is it you find humorous?

Blessings,
    Bill

Fair enough.

I don't know what BB means. Bulletin Board? If so, then I disagree. I have made no accusations directed at the owner or the moderation staff.

As for hypocrisy, why have all the other political posts in the funny pic thread been permitted? What is it about mine that warrant special attention?

My complaint was intended to be less that only neocons are welcome than that those of us on the left are unwelcome. There are many gun owners on the left who, like me, believe in defending our 2nd Amendment rights. I certainly don't expect others to curb their political speech in the politics subforum, and I have no intention of doing so either. However, when such speech infiltrates another subforum and is allowed to stand it sends the message that said speech is endorsed by site management. As I've said before, it would be a disservice to this site to freeze out Indiana gun owners on the basis of political beliefs unrelated to firearms.

The Paullar is funny for a variety of reasons, and most of them apply to the Obama "coins" as well. The fact that many of them were sold to desperate fanboys convinced that Ron Paul would protect their right to poison themselves with colloidal silver is just a bonus. I agree that they should have been made of gold. That would've made them even more amusing.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Fair enough.

I don't know what BB means. Bulletin Board? If so, then I disagree. I have made no accusations directed at the owner or the moderation staff.

As for hypocrisy, why have all the other political posts in the funny pic thread been permitted? What is it about mine that warrant special attention?

My complaint was intended to be less that only neocons are welcome than that those of us on the left are unwelcome. There are many gun owners on the left who, like me, believe in defending our 2nd Amendment rights. I certainly don't expect others to curb their political speech in the politics subforum, and I have no intention of doing so either. However, when such speech infiltrates another subforum and is allowed to stand it sends the message that said speech is endorsed by site management. As I've said before, it would be a disservice to this site to freeze out Indiana gun owners on the basis of political beliefs unrelated to firearms.

The Paullar is funny for a variety of reasons, and most of them apply to the Obama "coins" as well. The fact that many of them were sold to desperate fanboys convinced that Ron Paul would protect their right to poison themselves with colloidal silver is just a bonus. I agree that they should have been made of gold. That would've made them even more amusing.

It is your 'self importance' and 'self exultant' behavior. Every post you make, you mock 99% of the people on this board, their beliefs, their lifestyle and the people who have heralded their thoughts and stances into the political arena; yet, you are on this board.

You 'suggest' things with your 'humor'; people aren't stupid, they know when they are being mocked. I just happened to be the first to respond to your 'dark joke'. What you find as irony, uses an image and presents itself as 'Reagan is a joke' when the man did 100 times more in the way of good and sustain-ment for this country than all his presidential followers since.

Mock, make fun, pretend you know more... you are the one on this board trying to make a statement.

And, BTW; there is always someone, somewhere who knows more. It's just they don't have to tell everybody about it.

Why don't you go to the range and spend a our few hours enjoying freedom and it's pureness. You may just find that you can enjoy this culture instead of rag on it's simplicity. :dunno: :twocents: Cheers!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    It is your 'self importance' and 'self exultant' behavior. Every post you make, you mock 99% of the people on this board, their beliefs, their lifestyle and the people who have heralded their thoughts and stances into the political arena; yet, you are on this board.

You 'suggest' things with your 'humor'; people aren't stupid, they know when they are being mocked. I just happened to be the first to respond to your 'dark joke'. What you find as irony, uses an image and presents itself as 'Reagan is a joke' when the man did 100 times more in the way of good and sustain-ment for this country than all his presidential followers since.

Mock, make fun, pretend you know more... you are the one on this board trying to make a statement.

And, BTW; there is always someone, somewhere who knows more. It's just they don't have to tell everybody about it.

Why don't you go to the range and spend a our few hours enjoying freedom and it's pureness. You may just find that you can enjoy this culture instead of rag on it's simplicity. :dunno: :twocents: Cheers!

I'd rep you but it says I must spread some rep around before sending to you again.:D

Not my fault I agree with what you say.:yesway:

:patriot:

Top Bottom