Springfield TRP 1911, and why I should...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If the unfortunate day comes where the only thing between my family and the unknown is a gun, then I hope it is my Wilson in my hand.

IMHO, that's the crux of the issue right there. When your bad day comes, will you be carrying the gun you'd really want to have, or will you be thinking, "I wish I would have carried my _______ today."? If your #1 gun is a Glock, or a 1911, or a CZ, or a BHP, carry THAT gun. If it's a $3k gun, carry it anyway.

ETA: And to be more squarely on topic, a TRP would be a great choice as long as you're going to spend the time to master your tool.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see these responses not as a thread jack as they are all opinions/reasons for individuals to choose the right sidearm. One that fits them and the budgets they have available.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you want a plastic pistol, get a plastic pistol. If you want a REAL pistol, get the TRP. :popcorn:

(In the interest of full disclosure, my EDC is a TRP.)

Well I certainly can not argue with your choice. I suppose another example of an experienced shooter choosing a platform with more capability. Really no different then a driver choosing a BMW over a Toyota Camry. The Camry will get you down the road just fine but the Beemer offers the experience.

Indy didn't you start off carrying a poly gun? You favored XD if memory serves.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Well Vert, I've always been a 1911 guy. I do have a keltec .380 and a XDS .45 that I carry depending on how I am dressed. My first actual purchase for a carry gun was a Sprinfield XD .40 sub compact, to go with my 1911. Donna and I love anything Springfield. I still have the .40 and carry it from time to time. I just like to stir the pot, lol! :D

Top Bottom