Springfield TRP 1911, and why I should...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The TRP is their super tight 5" with lots of goodies like front strap checkering, magwell, Novak night sights, etc....

The TRP Operator is a the same except for the bushingless bull barrel, rail, and adjustable night sights...

The Champion Operator is more along "Loaded" line. 4" barrel, Night sights, ambi safety, but no checkering and no magwell, but it does have a bushingless bull barrel and rail like the TRP Operator.

The MC Operator is kinda inbetween the "Loaded" and the "TRP Operator". Not as tight as the TRP line IIRC. Different grips.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Of those I would go with the TRP. I have come to like the 5" guns with barrel bushings and checkering on the front strap. I have pretty much decided my next 1911 will be a TRP or something similar.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'd pick the MC Operator if I was going to battle, TRP Operator for HD, and Champion Operator for carry. And for the purposes of full disclosure, I just ordered the Champion Operaor for my new "do everything" gun. But I plan on turning it into a mini TRP Operator by adding a Wilson Combat checkered front strap and Wilson Combat Magwell.

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I paid $1000 for my LW Operator, then added the VZ grips, Smith and Alexander aluminum magwell, and the TLR-1 light. Have about $1250 invested in it. I really wish it would come with front strap checkering. I would pay the extra $$ up front if it already had that treatment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My bull barrel Tactical operator did not group like the standard barreled offering. I installed the bushing the fits to the guide rod and it tightened up the barrel. Noticeably more accurate.

Top Bottom