• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    since I picked up the m6 scout I been itching to use it to hunt .... wonder if #7 shot or #6 would be safer... this is the first time I owned a .410 or wasn't just handed a .16 gauge to hunt. not knowing Shot #'s

My vote is for the #6 shot. I would rather hit them hard with a couple of larger shot then pepper them all over with #7 shot.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    CB's from my 1403 Anschutz used to drop 'em.
    29gr bullet at 700 FPS.
    Shot them at bud's place, to 25 yards. Aim behind shoulder.
    They'd run like lung shot deer, 5 ft or so down the branches and then fall off.
    Chewed hole in his garage twice, got into roof vents. Place was loaded with them.
    Sit in garage and work them over.
    Pretty fun

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    To bad we can't shoot them in Eagle Creek Park. I drove past on 56th St. a couple of days ago, ground about half-covered with snow and it looked like a prairie dog town. I saw about a dozen fattened-up squirrels around the park entrance, all up on hind legs looking around.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I was in the woods yesterday and same thing. Up at my house the dogs keep them at bay but the squirrels figured out to run in the road now.. dogs in hot pursuit. So I don't end up with a flat dogs the pests are going to get some .22 caliber pills.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    The pop when hitting a squirrel with a suppressed .22 is very addicting. Congrats.

Now that brings backs memory's. "The pop". My x wife's great aunt lay on her death bed and ask the X's father to shoot the ground hogs that were destroying the dam on the pond with their burrows from her bedroom window and she would tell him when he made a kill or not from the sound and the pond was between 35 to 50 yrds away. Think it was a .25 cal. Remington pump. Mdl 14 sound right?

Top Bottom