• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    A civil right is a civil right. Or are some civil rights more equal than others?

After all, it's SB business, I guess they can play any game they like, right?

If anyone is alienated by my comment, they can take a deep breath and grow up.

I get your original point. If someone can wear a mask into a business ( muslims) why should I not be able to carry my gun?

People being "uncomfortable" around guns is fine. They can leave.

People wearing Obama shirts make me uncomfortable, but they are not going to leave because I am not comfortable with them being a weak minded fool.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I do remember very well. I was working in nightclubs and participating in the (shall we call it) social scene when all of that was going on, along with the demonization that was involved at the beginning. But, you seem to have forgotten that the gays ended up with the entire Democrat party and the whole of the media complex taking up their cause once "evidence" came out that they weren't going to infect the universe with Aids. At that point they became everybody's little darlings again (figuratively of course) and have since been given a pass on all of the stupid, over the top crap that their militant segment pulls while the Dems and the media label anyone who expresses anything other than acceptance as bigoted and prejudiced. Remember Chif-Fil-A? And yes there was a MONSTER show up support, but it wasn't by a bunch of "Assault Weapon Toting" (not my terminology) radicals. It was a just a huge day (several actually) of people BUYING THEIR FOOD.

And apparently you choose not to recognize that WE . . . DON'T . . . . HAVE . . . . THAT ! ! ! ! ! And that our side will be - and are - demonized at every turn and opportunity that they get. And even when those opportunities DON'T arise they will create them. Hence, scaring the crap out of the uneducated DOESN'T HELP! IT TURNS PEOPLE OFF AND AWAY and plays into the hands of the Left. People weren't afraid of catching aids by simply walking into a Starbuck's. Catching a bullet on the other hand is easier for the uneducated to envision when you have scores of heavily armed individuals descending on an establishment with long guns, AR's, AK's and such exposed from every orifice, yucking it up, taking pictures and basically showing off like ridiculous little school kids with a bunch of new toys. REALLY?!?! Why this is so hard to understand by what are normally educated people TRULY escapes me.

You can sit at the back of the bus as long as you like, I'm not going to demonize those gun owners who refuse to move back. Stay down on the plantation where y'all be safe.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Really, you must not remember that they were blamed for the spread of a horrible, incurable disease, AIDS, which was originally called GRID (gay related immune deficiency). How is prancing down the street in a G-string, or less, in front of families "good presentation." People here have a very short memory and narrow scope of observation.

It is the memory of those days that I actually remember very well since I grew up in Kokomo. Hollywood and the MSM latched on to Ryan White as the poster child of how terrible the persecution of AIDs victims was. I think it was about that time that homosexuality really jumped into the mainstream as a victimized group that needed to be championed. The pity that people felt for White seemed to be extended to the homosexual community as well.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    You can sit at the back of the bus as long as you like, I'm not going to demonize those gun owners who refuse to move back. Stay down on the plantation where y'all be safe.

I'm not talking about sitting at the back of the bus ding-dong. I'm saying don't stand at the front holding an AR at the ready with .45 OC on hip and a goofy grin daring anyone to challenge. I'm talking about being smarter and not alienating at every chance the very people that we are trying to educate. Thus, not sabotaging our cause by giving the other side all of the ammunition they need to paint our side as a bunch a crazed high schoolers with too much testosterone and a butt load of deadly toys (because that's how the media will try to portray it). Kind of like (not like) a large segment of our conservative political critters that can't seem to keep from saying (doing) stupid crap that ends up with the media and their buds painting them as buffoons. Work smarter, not harder. And don't create extra work that others have to repair dangit!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I advocated for the regular carry of long arms on here several times. The same arguments were made then as they are now. "Don't shove it in their faces" and "don't become divided against your fellow gun-brethren".

This is not an issue about how we (collective) carried our firearms into Starbucks, it's just like GP was saying that Starbucks caved and have now said that one side needs to capitulate. They have not asked for the antis to give up anything.

Realistically, they sound like a petulant child. "Please stop doing something someone else doesn't like. They're screaming about it, and we're tired of hearing it." I dislike what Starbucks has said, and like many have said, it is just one more reason in a long list that keeps me from patronizing their establishment. The first is that their coffee is crap.

And on that note, for those of you in the area near Decatur Co., or if you're running through Greensburg, stop by The Fine Grind coffee shop. It's on the north side of the courthouse square downtown. You can see the Tower Tree while you're there. Some of you might remember them from Union Station years ago. They sold the business, it left Indiana, but was recently bought and returned to the Hoosier state. They roast their beans in house, they're much tastier, and they're definitely 2A friendly. They'll even ship to your door.

And as a measure of full disclosure, I do not work for The Fine Grind, but my parents own it. The coffee is still better than that other place.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    We'll have to disagree, gays weren't embraced by the media right off, but they got themselves attention until Hollywood and the media took up the banner. There is always a symbiosis between the radicals, and the "reasonable." I don't open carry at Starbucks or elsewhere, but I do see the demonstrations by those who do as valuable shows of numbers. They're doing yeoman's work for which most of us are not cut out. And to top it off, there is damn little appreciation from their supposed compatriots.

QFT

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I
    'm not talking about sitting at the back of the bus ding-dong.

After this^, anything else you write is mere hypocrisy. You shouldn't be the one to go around calling anyone a goofy grinning crazed high schooler.

I'm saying don't stand at the front holding an AR at the ready with .45 OC on hip and a goofy grin daring anyone to challenge. I'm talking about being smarter and not alienating at every chance the very people that we are trying to educate. Thus, not sabotaging our cause by giving the other side all of the ammunition they need to paint our side as a bunch a crazed high schoolers with too much testosterone and a butt load of deadly toys (because that's how the media will try to portray it). Kind of like (not like) a large segment of our conservative political critters that can't seem to keep from saying (doing) stupid crap that ends up with the media and their buds painting them as buffoons. Work smarter, not harder. And don't create extra work that others have to repair dangit!

Our poster child for civility.:rolleyes: Let me know when you've appeased the anti-gunners enough that they start loving you.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    After this^, anything else you write is mere hypocrisy. You shouldn't be the one to go around calling anyone a goofy grinning crazed high schooler.

Our poster child for civility.:rolleyes: Let me know when you've appeased the anti-gunners enough that they start loving you.

I strongly suggest you look up the meaning of the word hypocrisy again before you apply it. Nobody is hypocritical here, just disagree on methodology to achieve the same goal.
    By not hearing what is being said we are being divided, focus on the goal.

Don't need them to love us, acceptance or understanding would be a great start. Tactics may be distasteful to you but the end goal is the important part.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I

Again, you mischaracterize my post. Reread it, you quoted it.
    Thus, not sabotaging our cause by giving the other side all of the ammunition they need to paint our side as a bunch a crazed high schoolers with too much testosterone and a butt load of deadly toys (because that's how the media will try to portray it)
    I, wasn't referring to the OC'ers in that way. You have to intentionally infer that meaning from the text. It was a paraphrase of a description by liberal bloggers putting out their version of events, to make the point that that was indeed what is/will happen. Don't need a PHD to see that one coming.

And the ding-dong comment may have been out of line, but I am sick and tired of being intentionally mischaracterized.

You willfully fail to understand my point. Before the Starbucks appreciation day there hasn't been a time where people, let alone whole groups of people made it a point to go to their local SB armed to the teeth in a manner that is far out of the norm. Whether it is or isn't for the OC'ers, it certainly is for the regular customer who is just going about his day and wanting a cup of coffee to walk into what may very well look like the beginnings of an armed insurrection. John and Jane Q. just want to go about their business and not have a political agenda shoved in their face. And I don't blame them. I don't like it either. The point is (again) we do not do our cause or ourselves any favors by scaring and alienating the very segment of the citizenry that we are looking to bring around to our position. It is counterproductive.

As far as appeasing the anti's goes, there isn't anything that I have posted to appease the anti's. I don't care about nor do I like the anti's. They want to take away our rights. They can kiss my rear end for all I care too. I haven't ever advocated keeping our mouths shut nor backing down on our rights and positions either. The only thing that I have condemned is going over the top and taking things to extremes when we rail about the other side doing exactly that. THAT is hypocrisy. I advocate a logical, rational, common sense approach that educates rather than scares and alienates. And if the general public is swayed by the state approved media machine to see us as anything other than the rational, law-abiding, Constitution loving citizens that we are because of actions that we have taken, then we are the authors of our own failure and the potential loss of our 2A rights.

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I drink Folgers.... don't need any of the rest of that other crap.

Why would you waste your money on bad tasting coffee? Just buy this and dump it into whatever beverage you happen to have handy.

Honestly I'm just offering a cheap way to get really good coffee. It's none of my business what anyone else drinks, but paying perfectly good money for folgers/maxwell house level coffee seems like a waste.

I just don't get the gay comparison. They were the darlings, the cause celebre, of the entertainment industry and the MSM. They were seen as innocent victims of evil Christians. The entertainment industry and MSM all despise gun owners. We are not going to get any sympathetic portrayals in their movies, songs, news articles, etc.

Many homosexuals were quite literally the victims of evil people. I can't claim that all the bashers and murderers were Christians, but I do hear Jesus thrown around as a reason why people object to homosexuals much more often than not. It's generally something incoherent about how God hates two guys getting married but is completely comfortable with a man and a woman getting married and never producing any children as if there's a functional difference.

I'm not entirely convinced that the government should have a hand in the marriage game in the first place. Why not call all governmentally-endorsed pairings "civil unions" and leave it up to couples to have a ceremony performed elsewhere if they choose? They can even call it marriage if that matters to them.

Of course this presupposes that my perfect world in which people really can just live and let live without losing their minds about sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, class, et al. While I'm dreaming I'd also like immortality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would you waste your money on bad tasting coffee? Just buy this and dump it into whatever beverage you happen to have handy.

Honestly I'm just offering a cheap way to get really good coffee. It's none of my business what anyone else drinks, but paying perfectly good money for folgers/maxwell house level coffee seems like a waste.

Many homosexuals were quite literally the victims of evil people. I can't claim that all the bashers and murderers were Christians, but I do hear Jesus thrown around as a reason why people object to homosexuals much more often than not. It's generally something incoherent about how God hates two guys getting married but is completely comfortable with a man and a woman getting married and never producing any children as if there's a functional difference.

I'm not entirely convinced that the government should have a hand in the marriage game in the first place. Why not call all governmentally-endorsed pairings "civil unions" and leave it up to couples to have a ceremony performed elsewhere if they choose? They can even call it marriage if that matters to them.

Of course this presupposes that my perfect world in which people really can just live and let live without losing their minds about sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, class, et al. While I'm dreaming I'd also like immortality.

2 things come to mind.

(1) If I did use the caffeine supplement I would miss all the things that go with even a so called "Good" cup of coffee. Burning my mouth on the first cup comes to mind right of. With out that I would not get the full effect.

(2) even a good cup of coffee tastes like butt sometimes. Well, unless you inject it with all the Foo-Foo crap that Star Bucks charges an arm and a leg for.

(3) Coffee is something I learned to endure. It has become a habit in the morning after the 40 odd years I have been drinking it.
    Coffee (as told by my lifer army uncle) is to be drank hot and black. Right off the bean my boy. Sugar/cream in the coffee is for Pu$$y's, This is from a man that was glad to get even a cup of coffee cold in a fox hole.

I agree with your perfect world. Live and let live and cause no pain to others. What you do at home behind closed doors is your business as long as no children are involved in sick behavior. JMHO

I will pass on immortality.

That gay lifestyle has been injected into this conversation amazes me. I get the point that they pushed to get the agenda into the open but apples/oranges IMHO.
    Having known gay couples as friends these folks are caring, kind, giving and intelligent individuals. They are also living the lifestyle by choice and not some whack notion that God put them in the wrong body.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    2 things come to mind.

(1) If I did use the caffeine supplement I would miss all the things that go with even a so called "Good" cup of coffee. Burning my mouth on the first cup comes to mind right of. With out that I would not get the full effect.

Burning the heck out of one's mouth does contribute to alertness. No argument there.

(2) even a good cup of coffee tastes like butt sometimes. Well, unless you inject it with all the Foo-Foo crap that Star Bucks charges an arm and a leg for.

Nah, if it tastes terrible it's not a good cup by definition. I put a lot of effort into my coffee, and even I screw it up occasionally. But adding a thousand calories of sugar and fat only makes it taste like sugar and fat, not good coffee.

(3) Coffee is something I learned to endure. It has become a habit in the morning after the 40 odd years I have been drinking it.
    Coffee (as told by my lifer army uncle) is to be drank hot and black. Right off the bean my boy. Sugar/cream in the coffee is for Pu$$y's, This is from a man that was glad to get even a cup of coffee cold in a fox hole.

Brother, you endure your coffee if you must, but I look forward to mine. It can taste amazing if you do it right. I do agree that adding cream and sugar is missing the point.

I agree with your perfect world. Live and let live and cause no pain to others. What you do at home behind closed doors is your business as long as no children are involved in sick behavior. JMHO

I will pass on immortality.

If only everyone else agreed.

That gay lifestyle has been injected into this conversation amazes me. I get the point that they pushed to get the agenda into the open but apples/oranges IMHO.
    Having known gay couples as friends these folks are caring, kind, giving and intelligent individuals. They are also living the lifestyle by choice and not some whack notion that God put them in the wrong body.

People around here seem to enjoy injecting their pet issues no matter how irrelevant they are. The agenda is simply "treat us like people, not evil perverts" but that is too much for many. For the record, most of the homosexuals I know don't believe that "God put them in the wrong body." They're in the right body they just prefer the same gender, and not by choice but by biology. Ultimately, I don't even think it matters much since they aren't hurting anyone, except inasmuch as the belief that sexual orientation is a choice can lead to people shipping their kids off to abusive reeducation camps. I know that I didn't choose my orientation and imagine you don't believe you chose yours either. I've no idea why homosexuals are considered different in that respect.

But it really is off topic, I admit.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I've tried to come up with an "in" kind" example that I thought might be akin to open carry for the purpose of supporting a natural right. Maybe a good example would be writing obscenities on a wall (it would have to be a wall you own or had permission to write on) as a means of promoting the 1st amendment. While you can certainly do so, it's simply not always in good taste. Starbucks is simply not wanting a part of this debate. They asked nicely before and some nuts ignored them. As I've said before, I'll carry concealed as I mostly do anyway until I see a posted sign. Then I'll move on.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Many homosexuals were quite literally the victims of evil people. I can't claim that all the bashers and murderers were [STRIKE]Christians[/STRIKE] Muslims, but I do hear [STRIKE]Jesus [/STRIKE] Allah thrown around as a reason why people object to homosexuals much more often than not. It's generally something incoherent about how [STRIKE]God [/STRIKE] Allah hates two guys getting married but is completely comfortable with a man and a woman getting married and never producing any children as if there's a functional difference.

:dunno:

Abraham was 99 and Sarah 90 and infertile when he fathered and she bore Isaac, so it's never too late for a man and woman to have offspring, Biblically speaking. Unless one of them is dead. Two dudes or two gals, not so much.

Meanwhile, other places, other practices. Of the worst places to be gay, somehow I wouldn't put America in the top ten.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom