• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    What in gods name does Starbucks changing a gun policy have to do with the gays? What the hell......

It must be awful to walk around life a heterosexual and see the gays and there "radical agenda" in everything. It is such a "radical agenda" to expect to live your life as you see fit and harm no one, and be protected in law from discrimination. This is insane. Radical even.

I guess the gay issue was never advanced because more and more people like my brother decided to not live a lie and come out as who they are, the way god made them. No it was Hollywood and the evil MSM and boogie men of all kinds. It's very easy to hate those that are different from you, groups, putting a label on everything. It's much harder to hate an individual. Your brother, sister, father, your co-worker, your neighbor. What advanced the gays was not the MSM, or the Democrats, or any other boogie men. It was gay people having the courage to stand up and say this is who I am, this is what I am. It's easy to hate anything different from you. It's not so easy when it's your family, your blood, your friend. Then it's hard to see the evil that you want to see, that you want to project. No when you have to face an individual for what they are, that is much harder. And that is why a majority of Americans, and a majority of the civilized world now support gay marriage.

I feel sorry for anyone who walks thru life seeing the "evil" groups they don't like in everything, and everywhere. Even before my brother came out I never understood why any straight person would give two flying craps about the gays. I never understood it. I still don't. The gays are not out to get you, they don't want to have sex with you, they are not checking you out. They don't want special rights, they just want the same as everyone else. They where born attracted to the same sex, it's been around since the dawn of man, it is all around in the animal kingdom. If you don't think they where born that way, and it's a choice. Then you must believe that you can be convinced or brainwashed to be with the same sex, you must think your kids could be? Right? I mean if something just happened to them in there childhood, or something like that then it could happen to you, or your kids to. Right?

To stay on topic; the gays have nothing to do with the issue of Starbucks and guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What in gods name does Starbucks changing a gun policy have to do with the gays? What the hell......

It must be awful to walk around life a heterosexual and see the gays and there "radical agenda" in everything. It is such a "radical agenda" to expect to live your life as you see fit and harm no one, and be protected in law from discrimination. This is insane. Radical even.

I guess the gay issue was never advanced because more and more people like my brother decided to not live a lie and come out as who they are, the way god made them. No it was Hollywood and the evil MSM and boogie men of all kinds. It's very easy to hate those that are different from you, groups, putting a label on everything. It's much harder to hate an individual. Your brother, sister, father, your co-worker, your neighbor. What advanced the gays was not the MSM, or the Democrats, or any other boogie men. It was gay people having the courage to stand up and say this is who I am, this is what I am. It's easy to hate anything different from you. It's not so easy when it's your family, your blood, your friend. Then it's hard to see the evil that you want to see, that you want to project. No when you have to face an individual for what they are, that is much harder. And that is why a majority of Americans, and a majority of the civilized world now support gay marriage.

I feel sorry for anyone who walks thru life seeing the "evil" groups they don't like in everything, and everywhere. Even before my brother came out I never understood why any straight person would give two flying craps about the gays. I never understood it. I still don't. The gays are not out to get you, they don't want to have sex with you, they are not checking you out. They don't want special rights, they just want the same as everyone else. They where born attracted to the same sex, it's been around since the dawn of man, it is all around in the animal kingdom. If you don't think they where born that way, and it's a choice. Then you must believe that you can be convinced or brainwashed to be with the same sex, you must think your kids could be? Right? I mean if something just happened to them in there childhood, or something like that then it could happen to you, or your kids to. Right?

To stay on topic; the gays have nothing to do with the issue of Starbucks and guns.

Ummm...the comparison was the way in which homosexuals were able to advance their agenda, the help they received from various sources, their militant-in-your-face protests, etc. and how gun owners probably won't receive the same kind of help from the same sources, whether it is wise to follow their "radical" example without similar sympathetic pop culture treatment, etc. It wasn't a debate on the causes, morality, effects, etc. of homosexuality...but there are many on this site that cannot abide any discussion tangentially associated with homosexuals without getting their politically correct panties in a wad.

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ummm...the comparison was the way in which homosexuals were able to advance their agenda, the help they received from various sources, their militant-in-your-face protests, etc. and how gun owners probably won't receive the same kind of help from the same sources, etc. It wasn't a debate on the causes, morality, effects, etc. of homosexuality...but there are many on this site that cannot abide any discussion tangentially associated with homosexuals without getting their politically correct panties in a wad.

The gays advanced there cause by speaking up and saying I'm gay. Not by "militant-in-your-face protests, etc". What that has to do with this topic is beyond me. As for my panties and and being PC; my panties are fine (thank you very much. and I'm not talking about being PC. Hate the gays all you want. God bless. But it has nothing to do with this this thread.

Also just because you support a "politically correct" cause does not mean you are PC. And if basic human dignity is PC, then I'm fine with being PC in this case.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The gays advanced there cause by speaking up and saying I'm gay. Not by "militant-in-your-face protests, etc". What that has to do with this topic is beyond me. As for my panties and and being PC; my panties are fine (thank you very much. and I'm not talking about being PC. Hate the gays all you want. God bless. But it has nothing to do with this this thread.

Also just because you support a "politically correct" cause does not mean you are PC. And if basic human dignity is PC, then I'm fine with being PC in this case.

I don't hate anybody. I'll take all the blessings I can get. And I'm sorry you cannot see the point.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bless you and yours GFGT.....Now make us some corn.

My pleasure...
    Small, medium, large, or gut buster?

popcorn.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      364.1 KB · Views: 2
    • popcorn.jpg
      popcorn.jpg
      568.2 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, so a few idiots snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The Mothers Against Liberty are now on the march, thinking that their campaign is working. What do we do now? I've long believed that the way into the minds of the undecided is to present an image that deflates the ant-gun argument. The sight of a normal, respectable looking person openly carrying a firearm in a responsible manner is the opposite of what they're being told gun owners are like from the media. I've been a steady customer of Starbucks and have OC'd there in the past. I've never made it about the gun though, but have always hoped that the sight of a decently dressed person enjoying a cup of coffee with his/her family would cause some of the undecided to question the image the media is trying to push.

The in-your-face tactics will not work for us. It forces people to choose sides. It also supports the Mothers Against Liberty campaign by acknowledging there is even a campaign to begin with. Without the idiots that stomped around SB with ARs posing for photos, the MAL would just have been a bunch of weak bladdered people that are looking for a father figure to protect them. The idiots gave them credibility with their showboating. The idiots gave them momentum and the MAL are now trying to use that against other companies that want no part of the issue.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok, so a few idiots snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The Mothers Against Liberty are now on the march, thinking that their campaign is working. What do we do now? I've long believed that the way into the minds of the undecided is to present an image that deflates the ant-gun argument. The sight of a normal, respectable looking person openly carrying a firearm in a responsible manner is the opposite of what they're being told gun owners are like from the media. I've been a steady customer of Starbucks and have OC'd there in the past. I've never made it about the gun though, but have always hoped that the sight of a decently dressed person enjoying a cup of coffee with his/her family would cause some of the undecided to question the image the media is trying to push.

The in-your-face tactics will not work for us. It forces people to choose sides. It also supports the Mothers Against Liberty campaign by acknowledging there is even a campaign to begin with. Without the idiots that stomped around SB with ARs posing for photos, the MAL would just have been a bunch of weak bladdered people that are looking for a father figure to protect them. The idiots gave them credibility with their showboating. The idiots gave them momentum and the MAL are now trying to use that against other companies that want no part of the issue.
    It's always the few that cannot act responsibly that ruin things for everybody else.

Why can't you do X, Y, or Z? Probably because when it was allowed somebody took advantage/exploited or simply were irresponsible while doing X, Y, or Z and now it's not allowed 'for the children.'

It really is sad that we, as a large group of people [Americans], can be so quickly and easily 'lead' towards making something illegal simply because very few people misuse whatever it is.

The biggest problems this country faces are: lack of critical thinking skills, lack of logic, lack of respect, and my favorite: "common sense".

All of that said - so long as OC'ing a rifle is legal - I see no harm in it if you're simply going about your business. When you're posing for pictures and generally making a fool out of yourself and by reference making a fool out of everybody else that carries a firearm - that's where I get irritated. That said - it is their right to do so regardless of how the 'Moms', Starbucks, or myself feel about it.

Ah well - let's pass some more laws to tell law-abiding citizens what they can no longer do as though the criminals will follow the laws as well - that sounds like a plan - let's do that.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Something I noticed on the SB facebook page, very few of the people OC'ing a long guy actually posed for pictures (a few did). The rest, people took their pictures probably without telling them and then spammed the facebook page about it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I didn't see MAC's video up...but it's good, so here:

[video=youtube;3OVrXF-NB0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVrXF-NB0E[/video]

Top Bottom