• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My local gun dealer says a state trooper buddy of his told him that they have heard that the life time license may be discontinued soon. It was enacted to raise funds on the short term but it is going to cost money in the long run..

:lol2:

Wasn't at Don's by any chance, was it? :):

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My local gun dealer says a state trooper buddy of his told him that they have heard that the life time license may be discontinued soon. It was enacted to raise funds on the short term but it is going to cost money in the long run..

I asked him about this and he said the act authorized the lifetime permits but did not mandate them.

My best friend's dog sitter's uncle's niece's boss said your gun dealer's buddy is full of crap.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ok, so I hate to ask an ignorant question, but I travel to for work to Ft. Lauderdale FL a few times a year, and would love to have my Glock 26 carry gun with me when I'm near Miami down there. If I understand correctly, my permit is valid in FL. How would I get the gun and ammo down there legally? Does anyone know how airlines handle that?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Indiana should not honor any states permit that does not honor ours.
    We shouldn't move backwards just because some state's are less firearms friendly. It's akin to requiring training just to get other states IMO

:twocents:

Ok, so I hate to ask an ignorant question, but I travel to for work to Ft. Lauderdale FL a few times a year, and would love to have my Glock 26 carry gun with me when I'm near Miami down there. If I understand correctly, my permit is valid in FL. How would I get the gun and ammo down there legally? Does anyone know how airlines handle that?

Check the TSA website TSA: Traveling with Special Items and your airline may have some more specific rules.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Make sure you read FL's ammunition rules. My carry ammo is illegal down there.

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Universal US CC Permit????

Can anyone tell me why a legal resident and holder of a CCL can not have a nationwide carry permit?
    Makes sense to me instead of all the little petty states having their own little spins on it.................LET'S VOTE!

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    :dunno:Thanks for this Info. I drive a truck and was never sure where I could carry. Is there a site I can go to to check? I just want to confirm the info. Again thanks

Sorry I reread the thread and found the site thanks:dunno:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can anyone tell me why a legal resident and holder of a CCL can not have a nationwide carry permit?
    Makes sense to me instead of all the little petty states having their own little spins on it.................LET'S VOTE!

1) such a thing does not exist, nor should it, HOWEVER, the Full Faith and Credit clause in the Constitution should apply, and I don't know why it does not.

2) as to why it should not... do you really want to give the federal government the power to dictate who may and who may not have "permission" to be armed? I don't!

3) the "little petty states" are each sovereign entities and are supposed to be the greater power than that of the fed gov. That got turned around about the time the 14th Amendment passed, but it violates the very spirit of the Founders' intentions.

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For future reference and a direct link;

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner (Pack-n-Go)

Thank you for plugging CarryConcealed. As one of the admins there, I appreciate it. I hasten to warn those who use that tool, though, to double-check with the individual state pages. We had some issues with our former web programming folks and they put in some code that made those maps not work correctly. We're working on getting someone to fix that, but among some other issues, it's not going as quickly as we would like. I used to be the one updating the maps, but I no longer have access to do so. Hopefully, that will change soon, and I'll post here if/when it does.

Thanks and

Blessings,
    B

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Yes, please clarify.

The man is somewhere between a mobster and a Stalinist dictator. I can't really think of anything to like about him.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Please clarify. Do you mean you can't carry in Lake County, Indiana or do you mean you can't carry in Illinois?

What I like about Mayor Daley: He's NOT in Indiana.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

It has been a few years since I have flown with firearms, but I assume it has not changed that much. At that time the airlines had the rules for checking firearms on their website, so check with the airline. I had to disassemble the pistol and declare it as a personal weapon with my checked bagage. Security inspected the pistol and case, placed a tag in the case, and then I locked the case. They then allowed me to put it in one of my checked bags. I did not transport any ammunition, but I believe this is allowed if it is in a container designed to hold ammunition.

Driving from Indiana to Florida with a gun can be a little bit trickier since each state differs in it's firearms laws. I had the same problem driving with the family from Indiana to South Dakota. In one 16 hour drive I went form being a good, law abiding citizen with the desire to protect my wife and kid to a felon. Seems a bit silly that I became an armed criminal just because I had to drive through the Peoples Republic of Illinois. This best advice I can give is to learn each state's firearms laws that you travel through. Of course I am told that some people just put the loaded pistol under the seat and drive the speed limit.

flyingbeeboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Very nice site indeed. A few years ago I paid $12 for a listing of right to carry states. I guess I got screwed. Beeboy

Top Bottom