• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The only issue I've noticed thus far with steel cased is in the magazine. I think it was Tula ammo at the time- when filling the mag they seemed to bind up enough that I could put a round in without pushing the others down.
    This is a common issue with all steel cased ammo. The polymer/lacquer used on the cases causes much more friction between the cartridges and against the magazine wall than brass does. The difference is substantial. In my Surefire MAG-60 magazine for example, steel cased ammo makes the mag stop working almost completely. Brass cased ammo works much better, although the magazines aren't exactly reliable regardless of what ammo is used... but that's another story.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Steel case ammo can chip your ejector, quality handgun or not. This isn't something that will happen right away but why push it? I shoot steel through my 44 mag. handi-rifle but it is a single shot so no ejector issues.
    It will not "chip" your ejector. That's like saying brass will "chip" your ejector. It's impossible for mild steel to damage, or chip, hardened steel.

Top Bottom