• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    I purchased that 320 in 9... and now we are buying the fs 40 x-change kit. Is that sig'ing again since I will use the same "serial numbered trigger group?" (Sig can call it a frame assembly all they want, it's a trigger group with rails to me!)
    Either way, we are really enjoying this sweet shooter! :rockwoot:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I purchased that 320 in 9... and now we are buying the fs 40 x-change kit. Is that sig'ing again since I will use the same "serial numbered trigger group?" (Sig can call it a frame assembly all they want, it's a trigger group with rails to me!)
    Either way, we are really enjoying this sweet shooter! :rockwoot:

I keep threatening to buy one. Came real close at BGF a few days ago.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    The P320 in 9mm is going to be my next Sig. Held one at the LGS and cant't get that trigger pull out of my head. Just need to sell something first.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The P320 in 9mm is going to be my next Sig. Held one at the LGS and cant't get that trigger pull out of my head. Just need to sell something first.
    Which one? I have the Carry sized one now... I would get the subcompact x-change kit if they didn't cost almost as much as a new gun...

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    LOL at Mikefraz!!!! It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Wife says "is that a new gun??" My reply "No your thinking of that old SIG P229... I 'traded' it for this one, with the rail...."

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Which one? I have the Carry sized one now... I would get the subcompact x-change kit if they didn't cost almost as much as a new gun...
    Going to get the compact. Preferably with the OD green frame.
    LOL at Mikefraz!!!! It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Wife says "is that a new gun??" My reply "No your thinking of that old SIG P229... I 'traded' it for this one, with the rail...."
    It's not about permission. My wife buys just as money guns as I do. Just don't have the money for another gun without first selling a less wanted gun to fund it. Hence the signature.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I normally suffer from PWS for about 2 days after I buy a gun. Never asked for permission and never plan to.

Oh and for those wondering, PWS stands for "Pissed Wife Syndrome".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw an announcement at Osage Guns, Sig is releasing a 1911 TacOps in 10mm... that might be more interesting that the P220 for me....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    20150518_132422_zpsb7b67082.jpg

Oooooh. PRETTY!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I saw an announcement at Osage Guns, Sig is releasing a 1911 TacOps in 10mm... that might be more interesting that the P220 for me....

Don't tell me that! I had just gotten to a point where there weren't that many handguns I wanted right now!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got to fondle the P220 10mm today... not sure if I can hold out... I have the feeling I am going to be at the store this week...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I got to fondle the P220 10mm today... not sure if I can hold out... I have the feeling I am going to be at the store this week...

I'm intrigued, but not in SAO only.

I'm thinking I'm going to send my P226 to Gray Guns. I think the heavier trigger is the main thing holding me back with it.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    No one stopped me. This is only my 2nd Sig, but it's a doozie. Sig P226 X5 L1. Just picked it up tonight. This is what it looks like, but I have not taken any pictures of mine yet. SAO with ambi safety and Nill grips. Can't wait to shoot it.

My 1st Sig was a present from my wife on our 5th anniversary, 26 years ago. It was a P226 w/ K-Kote, she had night sights installed. Still have the gun and the wife.

images

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No one stopped me. This is only my 2nd Sig, but it's a doozie. Sig P226 X5 L1. Just picked it up tonight. This is what it looks like, but I have not taken any pictures of mine yet. SAO with ambi safety and Nill grips. Can't wait to shoot it.

My 1st Sig was a present from my wife on our 5th anniversary, 26 years ago. It was a P226 w/ K-Kote, she had night sights installed. Still have the gun and the wife.

images

Congrats, that is a beautiful pistol.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Anyone else like me and rather have the older sigs from west Germany over the new ones?

No preference here. I've owned both and couldn't tell a lick of difference between the two. I know there are some variations between Germany and non-Germany produced Sigs, but they both run the same for me. I'd never pay more for a west German Sig vs an Exeter made Sig. I think most of the supposed "extra reliability" is in people's heads. Just my $.02 of course.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone else like me and rather have the older sigs from west Germany over the new ones?

No.

If any manufacturer went from billet stainless steel slides to folded and welded carbon steel slides, people would throw a conniption. Look how this company reduced costs at the expense of corrosion resistance, life span, etc! Yet that often gets overlooked that Sig went the opposite way. I've had both, other than nostalgia and possible collector value there is zero compelling reason to buy a German over a modern Sig.

I wouldn't buy an internal extractor stainless P220, as an example, but those growing pains have been worked out.

Top Bottom