• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Wonder when it'll be normal to have snipers on every tall building?

I'd be pissed to find out after the fact that at any point a barrel was pointed at me.

No need to scout with the rifle scope, have it ready, but for Pete's sake use the binoculors.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The pictures were taken at the request of the tripod manufacturer. You'll notice that it was daylight outside and there were about 68,000 people not in the stadium at the time. The rifle did not have a round loaded into the chamber at any time that day and once the pics were taken the rifle was placed off to the side and binoculars were used for observation.

I gave permission to the tripod manufacturer to use the photos, I have provided him with pictures previously which he has used in his marketing. I did not know they were going to be put on Facebook.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    No snipers inside those, just regular officers observing the crowd. Easier to observe when you are higher up.

I think you're talking about the white extendable "man lifts" with the tinted windows. I saw a few of those too. Just wondered if there was anyone up higher with a similar mission to the individual posted inside the stadium.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I heard they were there all week, before the game they were actually looking for Patriot employees taping the Giants game plans.

Then during the game they were looking for terrorists and such.

I guess thats multi tasking.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The pictures were taken at the request of the tripod manufacturer. You'll notice that it was daylight outside and there were about 68,000 people not in the stadium at the time. The rifle did not have a round loaded into the chamber at any time that day and once the pics were taken the rifle was placed off to the side and binoculars were used for observation.

I gave permission to the tripod manufacturer to use the photos, I have provided him with pictures previously which he has used in his marketing. I did not know they were going to be put on Facebook.

Don't you just feel loved?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The comments on the FB pages about those pics are the epitome of stupid. My favorite was some random guy who posted "...I bet I could out shoot that cop..." :laugh:

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    I don't think the pictures are in poor taste, but I bet several people are getting some good old behind chewing because the pictures made it out to the internet.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I don't have the slightest interest in being at the Superbowl,I have never watched a football game in my life.Having said that,let me say that any real threat at any large event would be so subtle that a sniper would not even see it go down.Some fool trying to shoot,cut ect.,someone in an event like this should be taken care of by a citizen packing heat.Probably can't carry in an event like this,huh??One more reason not to go.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    There were 2 snipers that I saw walking through the press box after the game. They were carrying digi-camo bags that could only be rifles. I didn't know where they were located during the game, but after seeing the picture, now I know.

Security was insane. Guys walking around with RAD sensing gear, RF sensing gear, dogs, etc., etc., etc... The stadium was inside a fenced perimeter with just one entrance for media. You couldn't sneeze without somebody checking you out.

But all in all, Indy did a fantastic job, I had a great experience, and even made a good chunk of money doing it. For me anyway, it was a great weekend.

Top Bottom