• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The specs on the knife are good, but nothing ground breaking for that kind of bank. I'm the biggest Surefire fan you will find though, and I'm sure they wouldn't put their name on it unless it was nice.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    IMO....Decent knives, but not worth what they cost. Your paying for the name more or less. When you pay for a name, the item should be the companies main item and area of expertise.....Surefire needs to stick to flashlights and lighting systems. :twocents:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    IMO....Decent knives, but not worth what they cost. Your paying for the name more or less. When you pay for a name, the item should be the companies main item and area of expertise.....Surefire needs to stick to flashlights and lighting systems. :twocents:

Maybe I'll just buy one of their tacticool lights and move on :D

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN

That's almost exactly what I was going to say. For that kind of cash you could get a really nice knife from a high end company. I mean, that's almost Chris Reeve money. If I was gonna spend that on a knife I would probably get a ZT. I love the looks of them and I've never read anything negative. Plus I just think that surefire knife looks cheesy.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i bought a surefire knife a while ago used and it was a solid knife but i got it for way cheaper than their asking price. they have a good line up of parts and materials but as already stated nothing special. 300 dollars and your into used strider's range, some smaller sebenza's, zero tolerances, ect ect.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Big +1

Common sense reigns.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I know this isnt the right forum for it, but would you pay that much for one of their flashlights?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I know this isnt the right forum for it, but would you pay that much for one of their flashlights?

Me personally...NO!...but flashlights are not my passion, knives are. I know plenty of people that are into flashlights and they wouldn't think twice about paying top dollar for a flashlight or tactical light.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Me personally...NO!...but flashlights are not my passion, knives are. I know plenty of people that are into flashlights and they wouldn't think twice about paying top dollar for a flashlight or tactical light.

yep.

i have plenty of SF lights. worth it? 7 or 8 years ago, yes! now? model dependant. there are others out there that are far less for the same quality.

as to the knife, i agree with the majority. good designs, good materials, great warranty, and at one time steve ryan finished them all. i think Brad now is in charge of the cutlery part.. i THINK). but much better out there for less money.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    yep.

i have plenty of SF lights. worth it? 7 or 8 years ago, yes! now? model dependant. there are others out there that are far less for the same quality.

as to the knife, i agree with the majority. good designs, good materials, great warranty, and at one time steve ryan finished them all. i think Brad now is in charge of the cutlery part.. i THINK). but much better out there for less money.

this is exactly right. especially about the lights

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    yep.

I just can't see spending surefire-money when Fenix lights are so great for half the money.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Fenix lights are nice, but they are no where near as durable as a Surefire. I've been a 3rd shift watchman for quite a while now, and have bought tons of lights. Surefire is the only ones that have not failed me. The only Surefire product I've been able to break was their holsters, and they replaced them free of charge within days of my call.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Fenix lights are nice, but they are no where near as durable as a Surefire. I've been a 3rd shift watchman for quite a while now, and have bought tons of lights. Surefire is the only ones that have not failed me. The only Surefire product I've been able to break was their holsters, and they replaced them free of charge within days of my call.

Outta curiousity, how has the Fenix lights failed you in the past?

Top Bottom