• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    no...I have quite a few of them...but I do like the Ruger 10 round mags...

the rifle is a NoDak Spud receiver, Kidd bolt, Timney trigger group, Nodak sights, Hogue Overmolded stock, and an E.R. Shaw barrel.

Yeah, the flush fit rotary mags are nice.

That sounds like a good rifle. How's it group?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    most boring gun you will every own...i have had two takedowns and a nice camo ruger and two wood 10/22 that i can think...so boring, in my opinion, to shoot i got rid of all of them...

plinker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    SE
    I got a 10/22 for Christmas 1982 for my first rifle. I had it until 4 years ago when i gave it to my son for Christmas...his first rifle. (ok, so I still officially have it) I could not even begin to think of what the round count is on the gun, and it still shoots amazing. Awesome rifle in my opinion.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Just bought my son a 10/22 for his first rifle. Ive had tje same one for atleast 13 years and shoots the same now as it did new. Fun to plink around with and to take my son out shooting.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    The RK deal is excellent. Jump on it. I'm tempted, even though I already have one takedown and a couple others.

Well, went there, and filled out the paperwork. They radio to get one from the back and guess what! They don't have any in stock! So they have my paperwork for the next 30 days, and I'll call the rest of the week.

I guess you guys have some more time to talk me out of one! :D

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well, went there, and filled out the paperwork. They radio to get one from the back and guess what! They don't have any in stock! So they have my paperwork for the next 30 days, and I'll call the rest of the week.

I guess you guys have some more time to talk me out of one! :D

Get the CZ!!!!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Naw, you don't want a 1022.
    ScottsAndMattsAppleseedRugers_zpsjyfgb8tf.jpg

NotYourFathersRuger-04AfterNewParts_zpsb913dec6.jpg

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A 10/22 is going to be my next rimfire rifle. I am trying to decide what model. I would like to get a takedown model with a threaded barrel. Great rifles and tons of fun.

ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    The CZ bolt action .22s are mighty fine shooters and at a very reasonable price... I tend to see alot of them in stock condition at the CMP Rimfire sporter matches, whereas the 10/22s are mostly upgraded in various ways...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I bought one in 1983 or 84. First gun I ever bought that I filled out the paperwork. I put tens of thousands of rounds through it when I was a kid. Great little rifle. I have thought about adding another for years, but the old one never gave me a reason to think it needed replaced, and it rarely comes out of the safe anymore. I have never compared it to a new one. Maybe I'm a little ignorant, but I assumed Ruger was still making quality rifles. So I'm not sure why you would want talked out of owning at least one of the little beauties. I bought one of the Marlin bolt action .22s with the 7 round mag a few years ago because I always wanted one, but it's only been shot once. I bought a lot of .22 rounds before the last election...I guess I'm holding onto them a little too dearly. Or maybe I'm just have too much fun sending 9mm ammo downrange. :dunno:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    So here are the reasons to keep your Remington 597:

from the Remington website:

The Model 597™ is easily the most advanced autoloading rimfire rifle ever built, and the most technologically advanced breakthrough in autoloading rimfire rifle technology in 35 years. The difference starts with our proprietary bolt-guidance system, which features a unique set of twin tool-steel guide rails for better stability, feeding reliability and greater out-of-the-box accuracy.
    Of course, we didn’t stop there. The bolt, hammer and sear of the Model 597™ all feature an exclusive nickel-Teflon® plating for smooth, dependable operation and an ultra-crisp trigger pull. To assure reliable, long-term accuracy, we’ve also incorporated a unique positive-locking, permanently rigid barrel attachment clamp. Receivers are grooved for standard rimfire mounts and tapped/drilled for Weaver-style bases. Completing the breakthrough design are an innovative last-shot “hold open” magazine feature and our patented, easy-to-use staggered-stack magazine.

Now consider that it should actually read this way:

The Model 597™ is easily the most advanced autoloading rimfire rifle ever built, and the most technologically advanced breakthrough in autoloading rimfire rifle technology in 35 years. The difference starts with our proprietary bolt-guidance system, which features a unique set of twin tool-steel guide rails for better stability, feeding reliability and greater out-of-the-box accuracy.

Of course, we didn’t stop there. The bolt, hammer and sear of the Model 597™ all feature an exclusive nickel-Teflon® plating for smooth, dependable operation and an ultra-crisp trigger pull. To assure reliable, long-term accuracy, we’ve also incorporated a unique positive-locking, permanently rigid barrel attachment clamp. Receivers are grooved for standard rimfire mounts and tapped/drilled for Weaver-style bases. Completing the breakthrough design are an innovative last-shot “hold open” magazine feature and our patented, easy-to-use{horribly designed, ill manufactured, out of spec with the finest jam-o-matic technology and cheapest materials possible} staggered stack magazine. :laugh:

That said, why Remington can't design a decent quality magazine for that rifle is beyond me...
    I actually have a 597 myself... haven't shot it yet due to the magazine issues I'm having with factory magazines.

Top Bottom