• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cars0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Southport
    Well just to throw another wrench in the plans, I'm now leaning hammer fired instead.
    Finally shot the VP9 today and it was good, but I wouldn't say better than the P320. If I go striker, it'll be P320 or PPQ if I can find one to try.

However, I'm now thinking CZ P-09 or Sig P226 (or something else that I find and fall for). Don't really have a good reason why, they just seem to be calling to me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well just to throw another wrench in the plans, I'm now leaning hammer fired instead.
    Finally shot the VP9 today and it was good, but I wouldn't say better than the P320. If I go striker, it'll be P320 or PPQ if I can find one to try.

However, I'm now thinking CZ P-09 or Sig P226 (or something else that I find and fall for). Don't really have a good reason why, they just seem to be calling to me.

At least I'm not the only one changing their mind.:)

I have a P226. Decided I didn't want to try to learn the DA/SA trigger so I went on a search for a striker fired pistol and settled on the PPQ. As good as the trigger is on the PPQ I ended up ordering a CZ, lol!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At least I'm not the only one changing their mind.:)

I have a P226. Decided I didn't want to try to learn the DA/SA trigger so I went on a search for a striker fired pistol and settled on the PPQ. As good as the trigger is on the PPQ I ended up ordering a CZ, lol!

I feel your pain. I wanted a good striker fired gun so I got the PPQ. Sold it after a while because I got into 1911s. Carried them for a while and then found the Legion. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep carrying the Legion, or switch to the Sig P229 and learn the DA/SA trigger... :n00b:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I feel your pain. I wanted a good striker fired gun so I got the PPQ. Sold it after a while because I got into 1911s. Carried them for a while and then found the Legion. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep carrying the Legion, or switch to the Sig P229 and learn the DA/SA trigger... :n00b:

You and I will get together one day. Even if I have already made purchases vs me trying some of your guns. :)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Both the p226 and the p-09 are great choices.

Agreed. But I'd do a Cajunized P-09 over a 226. Less money, less weight, and for me-- even better ergonomics. P-09/P-07 just feel great to me. 226/229 are a bit wide/chubby in my hands.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    The P320 is a really very nice pistol. I have the compact model(s) in 9mm & 45acp. I've also owned a Walther PPQ and it too is a great pistol. I don't think you would go wrong with either pistol . The new CZ looks interesting as well. If there happens to be a shooting range that rents guns it would be worthwhile to Try a particular model to see how it works for you before you purchase something. If not an option , use a site like this to ask questions from those who have actually spent time shooting a particular handgun ----Good Luck !

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I've had my P320 for 3 years. It is an earlier production example. Came with 3 mags (LEO early production, I suppose)..

My P320 assessment:

-- Mine needed several hundred rounds to be 100% reliable. When I first got it, I had several light primer strikes. After several more boxes and a thorough strip/clean, it was 100% and has been ever since, even with the same Freedom ammo that previously had lots of LPS.
    -- The ergonomics of the pistol are excellent. I prefer the Large frame after buying the larger size to try. I love the modularity and how it lets you choose size, config, and color of the frame.
    -- The trigger gets a bunch better with use, and even the stiffer ones loosen up and become pretty good. I think it invites jerking, but that's a shooter issue, imo.
    -- Mags are a little too expensive for a supposed mass-market pistol. $36 for a standard 17 or 15 round mag? Yes, I'm cheap. The 20-rounder is especially insulting on the price. Yeah, yeah, Springer Precision, yada yada. They are very good quality Mec-Gar mags, though.
    -- Accuracy seems pretty good. I don't notice any difference in my groups with it relative to what I'd shoot with a PPQ or P229 or G19. Of course, I'm not a very good shooter.

I like the P320 and think it's a great package! The best? Better than a P10C? Better than a PPQ? I'm not so sure.

Personally, I still consider the PPQ top of the heap, but when I get a chance to shoot a P10C, I'm expecting a change of mind.

Not sure why more PPQ fanboys aren't out there.

Oh, and high bore axis is THE most overrated "drawback" to a Sig design.

You rang?

I love both my 9mm PPQ's, and my dad's M1, and my friend's M2.45, and my other friend's M1 in .40. Superb pistols. I would love to have the competition model. In fact, at this point I've sold enough of them that I think Walther owes me one.

I'm always ready to meet up and let someone shoot mine. Gotta spread the love.

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    I've been a true blue Springfield guy for a while now. I love my XDm 4.5 and XDm 5.25 in 9mm. Both shoot extremely well with no issues. For concealed carry I like my XDs 4.0 in 9mm. I was playing around with the Sig Sauer P320 yesterday and was highly impressed. It breaks down very quick with out tools and appeared very easy to clean. That fact that you can change out modular grips, slides, etc makes it very versatile. Out of all the reviews I've read the only to issues were that it lacks some of the multiple safety features as some others and that it tends to shoot high. The front site may be changed to fix the aiming issue or I've read that if you aim at the six o'clock position on your center target that its shot placement is much bettter.
    With all that being said, I have to admit that i am seriously thinking of picking up one in either the compact or carry models.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Out of all the reviews I've read the only to issues were that it lacks some of the multiple safety features as some others and that it tends to shoot high. The front site may be changed to fix the aiming issue or I've read that if you aim at the six o'clock position on your center target that its shot placement is much bettter.
    With all that being said, I have to admit that i am seriously thinking of picking up one in either the compact or carry models.

Mine actually shot low. I think it depends on the ammo you use. I had to put the front sight dot on my aiming point to get poa/poi hits. This is at 7 yards with 124gr ammo.

Top Bottom