• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Arm our kids to protect themselves from their teachers!

Arm our teachers to protect themselves from our kids!

Arm the crazy janitor (He is like a GAWD, protecting you from on high!)!

Arm them all, and things will probably start getting a lot more polite...

But on a more serious note, WTF was this guy thinking?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Uh, wow.

Question:
    Is a blanks-only "gun" (eg: a Starter Pistol) actually a firearm by Indiana law?

At first blush, no (it does not fire, and cannot easily be converted to fire, a projectile). It would be allowed on school property (legally, but surely against policy), and not be part of our "pointing a firearm" law (since it isn't a firearm).

I wonder what this idiot's 6 felony charges are for?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Uh, wow.

Question:
    Is a blanks-only "gun" (eg: a Starter Pistol) actually a firearm by Indiana law?

At first blush, no (it does not fire, and cannot easily be converted to fire, a projectile). It would be allowed on school property (legally, but surely against policy), and not be part of our "pointing a firearm" law (since it isn't a firearm).

I wonder what this idiot's 6 felony charges are for?

Well since he was on VA and not IN it doesn't matter. VA charged him with 6 felony counts of brandishing a firearm according to the article.

WTF is wrong with people these days?

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What this guy did was bad and I am glad that there will be legal consequences. Now, what if someone was carrying a firearm - a student, another teacher or a passerby? If I walked in on that scene I would have shot this guy without reservation.

This idiot not only scared the hell out of his students, but put everyone at risk in doing so.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I would have been rather leery of doing this in a welding class. Those students were probably pretty terrified and pissed....he's lucky he didn't get a slag hammer through the skull or get his face melted off with a torch.

EDIT: For the record, wouldn't want to do it ANYWHERE....just thought that a welding class was a bit more high-risk than other places.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Funny story, my 8th grade history teacher kept and old percussion cap rifle on her desk. She fire it off a couple of times im the class room. It didnt have and powder loaded just the cap. It was loud as hell and no one made a fuss about it.

Not the same but anyway... This guy is an idiot. Scared the crap out of the kids probably.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I would have been rather leery of doing this in a welding class. Those students were probably pretty terrified and pissed....he's lucky he didn't get a slag hammer through the skull or get his face melted off with a torch.

EDIT: For the record, wouldn't want to do it ANYWHERE....just thought that a welding class was a bit more high-risk than other places.

I worked with at a shop where one employee attacked another with a slag hammer. No life threating wounds, but he was hospitalized. You gotta watch who you **** off sometimes.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    My shop teacher was a little out there, but this is just INSANE! This guy is going to spend the rest of his life in prison for this. What motivates a person to do such a stupid thing?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    My shop teacher was a little out there, but this is just INSANE! This guy is going to spend the rest of his life in prison for this. What motivates a person to do such a stupid thing?

Every shop teacher I ever had was borderline nuts. I had one that would get students in headlocks if the pissed him off. This guy pushed it over the.limit and went full blown psycho.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Every shop teacher I ever had was borderline nuts. I had one that would get students in headlocks if the pissed him off. This guy pushed it over the.limit and went full blown psycho.

Same here, every shop teacher I had was a bubble off too. :D

Lining them up was the crazy part. Wasn't like he shot one in the air to wake up a sleeping student or something, this dude was outta control.

EPIC FAIL...

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm betting dollars to donuts he was paid off to pull the stunt by some anti's, or maybe even the gubment itself.

Way to odd of circumstances, so just doesn't make sense why he would do it, but it would definitely serve the anti gun crowds agenda.

If the guy was nuts, why would he want to "Scare 'em real good" with a blank gun? What is the point? One would think if he was nuts that he'd probably go through with the real thing.

On the other hand, I could see him getting paid off to pull this stunt to draw attention to "Just how easy it is to get guns into a school" further bolstering the case that all guns should be banned. Of course, as cold as the anti crowd could be, they wouldn't go through with the murder of actual students with a real gun.

The timing is great for them...high emotions about gun control in the Trevon case, as well as in the WV cases, and lots of national news media about other recent school and workplace shootings. Why not get on the band wagon and stir up some more press?

Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    I'm betting dollars to donuts he was paid off to pull the stunt by some anti's, or maybe even the gubment itself.

Way to odd of circumstances, so just doesn't make sense why he would do it, but it would definitely serve the anti gun crowds agenda.

If the guy was nuts, why would he want to "Scare 'em real good" with a blank gun? What is the point? One would think if he was nuts that he'd probably go through with the real thing.

On the other hand, I could see him getting paid off to pull this stunt to draw attention to "Just how easy it is to get guns into a school" further bolstering the case that all guns should be banned. Of course, as cold as the anti crowd could be, they wouldn't go through with the murder of actual students with a real gun.

The timing is great for them...high emotions about gun control in the Trevon case, as well as in the WV cases, and lots of national news media about other recent school and workplace shootings. Why not get on the band wagon and stir up some more press?

:tinfoil:

Top Bottom