• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I was a high school senior, and a man came in and shot my psych teacher in front of the entire class, and quickly department the room. In all, probably 3 seconds.

Blood was running over the teacher's white shirt and the class was in panic. I and another student near the door, jumped up to go after the gunman, when the teacher interceded and kept us from running out the door after him.

The gunman shot blanks. It was a psychology lesson that the teacher set up to prove a point of stress, and the ability to describe the shooter from those 3 seconds.

It worked. Nearly everyone had a different description of the man.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I was a high school senior, and a man came in and shot my psych teacher in front of the entire class, and quickly department the room. In all, probably 3 seconds.

Blood was running over the teacher's white shirt and the class was in panic. I and another student near the door, jumped up to go after the gunman, when the teacher interceded and kept us from running out the door after him.

The gunman shot blanks. It was a psychology lesson that the teacher set up to prove a point of stress, and the ability to describe the shooter from those 3 seconds.

That sounds like a very effective way to teach that lesson...wonder what the paperwork was to get that through the system...Or was it more along the lines of ask forgiveness later?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana

HOLY ****!

Now that I'm over that, I have to say that, while it sounds like a completely AWESOME professor and a great teaching method, they're lucky that you two didn't make it out the door before the teacher.

Betting that the "gunman" was just hanging around outside, since it was all staged. Wouldn't have gone well for him, I'm sure.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Effective, but manipulative. I wonder how many classmates came away from that thinking that guns are scary and do not belong in schools. (And maybe that was a method in the teacher's 'madness'?)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Effective, but manipulative. I wonder how many classmates came away from that thinking that guns are scary and do not belong in schools. (And maybe that was a method in the teacher's 'madness'?)

True. Do you remember the full stated purpose of the 'lesson'? Was it just to show the memory issues associated with a tramatic event, or was there more to it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    True. Do you remember the full stated purpose of the 'lesson'? Was it just to show the memory issues associated with a tramatic event, or was there more to it?

In any event, I am sure the teacher got a surprise having two fine young men ready to take care of business rather than panicking or cowering.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I remember back in HS (1979-82) hearing of other psych teachers doing similar.
    Mine never did though :(
    That kind of stuff flew back then, but wouldn't today.
    Maybe the cop with the Colt Trooper in the hall deterred it.

Top Bottom