• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Phony traffic stops happen all the time and not just in Tennessee.

Just another reason for forfeiture reform and by reform I do not mean IPAC attempting to legalize theft from children as they just attempted!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    yay for tennessee, cracking down on illegal drugs and the money used to buy them! I wonder how much they consider to be the threshold for what is a "large supply of cash" are we talking enough to buy a house or enough to buy a car or what? as for the out of state plates, thats just BS. I kinda want to go down to TN now just for fun with a ton of cash just so I can refuse their right to search my vehicle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    yay for tennessee, cracking down on illegal drugs and the money used to buy them! I wonder how much they consider to be the threshold for what is a "large supply of cash" are we talking enough to buy a house or enough to buy a car or what? as for the out of state plates, thats just BS. I kinda want to go down to TN now just for fun with a ton of cash just so I can refuse their right to search my vehicle.

Careful. Might be threatened with 2 years for daring to tempt the officers with the opportunity to crush your rights like that evil open-carrier in Philly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder how much they consider to be the threshold for what is a "large supply of cash" are we talking enough to buy a house or enough to buy a car or what? as for the out of state plates, thats just BS.

Depends some departments have a floor, others do not.

Out of state plates make perfect sense. Think about it, if the person is from out of state his ability to defend his property in court is weakened.

Whenever I go south I always insist on Kentucky or "Souther" plates. Having Indiana plates in the South is like putting a homing beacon on your car for Deputy Bobby Lee.:D

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    the night i got arrested i had 80 dollars in cash and they forgot to put it on the inventory sheet. when i refused to sign the sheet my money suddenly appeared. so as far as how much some cops will steal any amount.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Never had a problem, not saying I won't. I have traveled through a lot of states and have only been stopped twice. One was my fault and the other was not. Thankfully both officers were polite.

This kind of eirks me. The fact that you have to prove that the money was your's and not drug money. Where did the whole innocent until proving guilty thing go?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Of course they're not focusing on the drug-side of the traffic. Stopping the drugs would stop the money.

Question: do you think all these people gave consent for the searches? I would refuse consent but we all know how easy it is for a LEO to claim he had probable cause and do it anyway. The average citizen wouldn't know any better either.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Of course they're not focusing on the drug-side of the traffic. Stopping the drugs would stop the money.

Question: do you think all these people gave consent for the searches? I would refuse consent but we all know how easy it is for a LEO to claim he had probable cause and do it anyway. The average citizen wouldn't know any better either.

It looks like to them the fact that your traveling on there known drug trafficing road is probable cause enough.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It looks like to them the fact that your traveling on there known drug trafficing road is probable cause enough.

Looks like to me they think if you have cash in your pocket and they don't recognize you from the Grand Olde Opry then that is probable cause.

These forfeiture laws are rife with corruption. The sad part is that if the police don't keep your cash, the criminal (insert uncormfortable pause) justice system will take it in the form of fees, costs, and attorney fees you have to pay to an attorney to get your money back.

I wonder how many people actually recover any cash after attorney fees and other expenses are factored in.

Boss Hoggs, Cooter and Cletus are alive and well in Tennessee.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Whenever I go south I always insist on Kentucky or "Souther" plates. Having Indiana plates in the South is like putting a homing beacon on your car for Deputy Bobby Lee.:D
    You shure do tawk funny. You in a heap-a trouble. We don't cotton to no yankee lawyers 'n' their tricks.
    <insert sounds of bolts closing and rounds chambering> :D

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I think the video was awesome (outside of the stop without cause). They could make even more money working the drug side just has hard. Take the drugs and do buy backs. Bleed them dry.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxIssSROjk[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom