Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I say, I say, unhand me you carpetbagger, suhr.

You might spill meye mint julep, I say, I say.
    :laugh: Too late fo' that, yankee. But seein' as how you're royalty, we maht be able to arrange a king'$ ran$om to obtain yo' release. ;)

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    if this only happened in tn we could all just drive around it. but it happens in all 57 states. (obamas count not mine) down south does seem to be where most of it goes on but the yankees are catching on. its spreading eveywhere.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think we should go back to calling them " Revenuers" just like in the ol' moonshining days.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I think we should go back to calling them " Revenuers" just like in the ol' moonshining days.
    bufford pusser is probably spinning like a top right now. corruption was one of the things he fought against and now the cops are more corrupt than the other criminals.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I grew up in North Florida and the Sheriff was the biggest drug dealer in our county. If you went a few counties west that was where you went to buy confiscated guns from that sheriff. I would travel back and forth from Florida and Indiana all the time and never once had a problem with any leo. I almost got pulled over for doing 90 through Nashville though thankfully there were about ten cars also doing the same.

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    OK, guys lets use some common sense here. How many people are running around with large sums of cash? And by large I mean 25k plus. Not many that have obtained the money in a legal manner. So if this agency siezes large sums of "drug money" from somebody and they don't have the propper paperwork to document why they have 200k hidden in the door panels of their rental car it is a good bet this is drug money, so why not take it? It is more than likely funding terrorist operations against us. And if by chance it was taken from a legit business man and he shows documentation that it is legal money, he can have it back. I think some people get the idea that these officers are taking money from day to day people and that is not the case. They are not taking 500 out of your wallet, they are taking the large amounts that are ussually hidden in false floors and removed door panels.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    1981 -

Because, sir, it's a perverse incentive to violate people's rights...

I would have no problem with it if it a) was taken and put in an escrow account b) WHEN proven that it was dirty was surrendered to the general funds of the state WITH NO provision for the police "keeping the costs of getting it" or any such nonsense.

I have no doubt that such funds will be found. And no doubt that forfeiture when proven makes sense. I just want our police paid to enforce the law even handedly. Right now where do you think that the bulk of the police effort in those areas of TN is? Enforcing the murder/traffic/whatever other laws - or on that highway running a shakedown operation. You know the answer to that question....

Again, I totally agree that most of the money is being run illegally. Still are you going to set up "big money" checkpoints?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    OK, guys lets use some common sense here. How many people are running around with large sums of cash? And by large I mean 25k plus. Not many that have obtained the money in a legal manner. So if this agency siezes large sums of "drug money" from somebody and they don't have the propper paperwork to document why they have 200k hidden in the door panels of their rental car it is a good bet this is drug money, so why not take it? It is more than likely funding terrorist operations against us. And if by chance it was taken from a legit business man and he shows documentation that it is legal money, he can have it back. I think some people get the idea that these officers are taking money from day to day people and that is not the case. They are not taking 500 out of your wallet, they are taking the large amounts that are ussually hidden in false floors and removed door panels.

I guess sense isn't that common.

It's called probable cause. Probable cause doesnt require me to tell you jack s**t about haw I make my money. Probable cause doesn't require me to prove that it's legal (whatever that means). Probable cause doesn't mean you can take my property without, well, probable cause.

Just because I have large sums of cash doesn't mean I'm a drug dealer. It doesn't make me a bank robber, a loan shark, or a numbers runner. If I am known to be one of these things, and I have a large sum of money, then there potentially is probable cause. With probable cause, you can take my property. Until then keep your hands out of my pockets.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

One important fact that was omitted on the cash seizures piece is that about 99% of the money mules sign documents claiming no knowledge or ownership of the cash.:n00b: I have NEVER seen ANYONE claim ownership or even knowledge of large sums of seized cash hidden in a vehicle...ever. Heck they usually don't even know who owns the vehicle they are driving!!
    Seize the drug lords cash and then the courier has to answer to the drug lord for his missing cash. What is not to like?:yesway:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Tennesee Law Enforcement Stealing Money from out of state innocent motorist

Watch this clip... at 4:30 they show police officers fighting turf wars over claiming citizen cash. Piranhas.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeH9D_tN-k[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom