• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow. I had no idea people seriously made that connection. In case it wasn't clear, I was not serious in my previous post.
    Serious or not, being forced off the road with a patient in the van is very real. One incident resulted in pretty serious injuries for one of the drivers. It wasn't a Murat van, but some of our drivers did experience some hostility on the road. Pretty sick world.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The gun they're carrying? I have yet to see that.
    We had a person in the range a couple weeks ago that claimed to be a police officer (I didn't see a badge and my gut feeling was that this "officer" probably spent most of their day holding a sign that said Slow on one side and Stop on the other). Rented a 22 to train a youth that they had in tow. Later came out and requested 9mm for their duty gun. Returned shortly thereafter puzzled, with a Glock 22 that was jammed and the "officer" was unable to clear it.
    Don't shoot the messenger, just sharing exactly what I observed. Pic below (left) is of the cleared jam.. Pic right came off the range later the same day, different firearm and operator.
    9 in a 40 or 40 in a 45, neither work reliably.
    :mallninja:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Indirectly named after a French guy, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat

I was bored one day assigned to patrol around it during a busy event and Googled it. I am, as always, a wealth of most useless knowledge acquired attempting to stave off boredom.

BAM ,BehindblueIs hits it out of the park AGAIN. :) Love that usleess info. If I could rep you I would for a laugh so early in the morning but I'm not allowed.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The beatles sang "It's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder". It means that you don't want equality by limiting others down to your level. Don't take reputation and perceived responsibility from cops and retired cops but rather lobby and promote that LTCH holders are by definition "proper persons" and should have the freedom to carry wherever firearms are legal to possess. You should bolster Johnny Law's rights because it s a stepping stone to your recovering your own rights. The more of us who have freedom the better, even if it means someone has more than I currently do.

Average LTCH holders still arent as likely to provide security as the typical police officer, but there is also little danger of them creating a problem.

Fool me once... It's a stepping stone? Isn't that what non-LEO were promised when asked for their support for LEOSA? What was the result when asked for their support for nationwide carry for non-LEO? So it's okay that some animals are more equal than others?

Even when said officer is off duty with family in tow, I'd say the odds are about even? No family with? Yep I'd definitely give the officer the edge.

Johnny Law didn't stab you in the back. Someone higher up on the food chain did.

Yup. I wasn't asked my opinion.

Did you notice my last line? And yes I know that per the policeone survey that the vast majority of officers support non-LEO carry, although I do wonder what the results would have been like if the same survey would have been put out by the other police website. I also wonder what the results would be if asked whether non-LEO should be able to carry where not legal for them but for LEO such as schools, courthouses(generally not illegal in IN but prohibited in most), and others.

The two of you are not Johnny Law. You are pieces of Johnny Law, at least how I look at it. Johnny Law is LE as a whole including the higher ups on the food chain. So yes Johnny Law stabbed us in the back, at least pieces of it.

Kind of like the USSC decision that police have no duty to protect. Now everyone thinks cops don't do **** to help the citizenry.

I don't think that, imo I don't even think the majority do. Hell I doubt the majority know of that decision. I do know that you have no requirement to do so.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We had a person in the range a couple weeks ago that claimed to be a police officer (I didn't see a badge and my gut feeling was that this "officer" probably spent most of their day holding a sign that said Slow on one side and Stop on the other). Rented a 22 to train a youth that they had in tow. Later came out and requested 9mm for their duty gun. Returned shortly thereafter puzzled, with a Glock 22 that was jammed and the "officer" was unable to clear it.
    Don't shoot the messenger, just sharing exactly what I observed. Pic below (left) is of the cleared jam.. Pic right came off the range later the same day, different firearm and operator.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]

Sounds like a case of stolen valor to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm going to bet that officer worked on loans at a bank. TRR, you learn that early.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Fool me once... It's a stepping stone? Isn't that what non-LEO were promised when asked for their support for LEOSA? What was the result when asked for their support for nationwide carry for non-LEO? So it's okay that some animals are more equal than others?

Even when said officer is off duty with family in tow, I'd say the odds are about even? No family with? Yep I'd definitely give the officer the edge.

Did you notice my last line? And yes I know that per the policeone survey that the vast majority of officers support non-LEO carry, although I do wonder what the results would have been like if the same survey would have been put out by the other police website. I also wonder what the results would be if asked whether non-LEO should be able to carry where not legal for them but for LEO such as schools, courthouses(generally not illegal in IN but prohibited in most), and others.

The two of you are not Johnny Law. You are pieces of Johnny Law, at least how I look at it. Johnny Law is LE as a whole including the higher ups on the food chain. So yes Johnny Law stabbed us in the back, at least pieces of it.

I don't think that, imo I don't even think the majority do. Hell I doubt the majority know of that decision. I do know that you have no requirement to do so.

IACP, chiefs, are politicians. They are appointed by mayors. They are "Johnnie Law" like the President is "GI Joe".

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Maybe that is the reason my groupings are so bad... wait. I carry a 9mm... I must have grabbed some .32 acp?

Top Bottom