• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And that's why I don't like cops. I can safely assure you, that you are specifically part of the problem with this world.

To hell with accountability, you don't care right? Just shift the blame to your victims while you collect your paycheck from my tax dollars that you would accost me for if it threatened your income.

I am accountable, just not to you. For every one of you who doesn't have an understanding of how this country works much less an appreciation for it, there are fifteen willing to shake my hand. If I valued your opinion you may have hurt my feelings there, but I don't so you can't.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Aren't these absurd prohibitions the ultimate imposition of other people's morals over un-consenting adults?

Why yes. Yes they are, other people's which means not mine. While it's fun to point fingers and blame its helpful to do it to the people who are responsible or capable of fixing the problem.

You're not alone in your concerns. Many breadwinners have been thrown into prison because of the drug war. Many mortgages have gone unpaid. Many marriages and families destroyed. Many children have been orphaned.

Seems silly, doesn't it? All over something recreational. I could perhaps understand if it were vital to life, I acknowledge that it does have medicinal value but it isn't a cure for cancer.

That's good. Over the weekend I attended an event hosted by LEAP. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. A 36-year-police vet spoke on the injustices of the Drug War. He discussed how much it has transformed police work in his lifetime. He discussed how it wastes resources and keeps officers from answering more important calls. He discussed how unpopular it makes police in this country. How it damages communities. He showed some pretty astonishing national statistics. Talked about officers and innocent who didn't need to die.

You should join LEAP. A cop's stand against this kind of stuff has a certain impact that can't be matched by us internet jockeys who are disgusted with the system. Speak out. Be an activist.

Not interested in becoming an activist for something I have no desire to partake in. I don't care if others want to and if given the option to support legalization you can count on my vote though.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    You're not alone in your concerns. Many breadwinners have been thrown into prison because of the drug war. Many mortgages have gone unpaid. Many marriages and families destroyed. Many children have been orphaned.

So it's bad when these things happen as a result of the drug war...but a non-issue when these same things happen as a result of addiction, overdose, etc related to the same drugs?

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Its a good topic of sociological study. People seem to want their drugs and alcohol regardless of what rules the government makes. After so clearly realizing that the laws do not stop or fix addiction, why continue prohibiting what the people demand? What's the benefit to society?

Its also worth noting that the biggest portion of the Drug War is marijuana, and most people in this century agree that it is not "dangerous."

Once they are made into felons they are never allowed to have a voice in government again. That excludes millions of people who might potentially vote for a change in policy.

Then there are the corporate interests that lobby against freedom because it would cut into their monopolistic corners of the market.

Then there are the election commissions that keep 3rd parties out of debates, and other rules that ensure the prevailing powers remain in power.

A freedom candidate has all possible odds stacked against them.

Check where your pennies are already going. Drug addicts are given free housing, free beds, free food, free health care, free clothes.... and those are just the ones in the overflowing prison industry. In the pursuit of such "justice" these families are broken apart and the breadwinners are behind bars, and the remaining single- or zero-parent families are hitting the welfare roles. The Drug War amplifies the dependency of the nation.

Then factor in the costs of those jails and prisons, the judges and courts, bureaucracy costs, training costs, task forces, the DEA, SWAT teams, animal training, bulk ski mask purchases, and you're looking a LOT of money.

Count The Costs estimates $100,000,000,000.00 is spent per year in the USA on enforcing the drug war.

That's roughly $1,000 per taxpayer.

Lastly, stop and realize that legalized products means new industries and more jobs. More sustainable households. Prisoners have a chance to become actual taxpayers.

So if you hate welfare and high taxes, ending prohibition is an absolute no brainer. Economics are clearly on the side of freedom.

Waiting for a promise of "not one penny" kinda ignores the incredible burden we're already yoked with.

Define "dangerous".

Not all drugs are the same. If you want to sit around and smoke pot without worrying about breaking any laws that's one thing, but I don't see how a rational person can think making heroin, meth, etc legal would improve anything.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Define "dangerous".

Not all drugs are the same. If you want to sit around and smoke pot without worrying about breaking any laws that's one thing, but I don't see how a rational person can think making heroin, meth, etc legal would improve anything.

Could it be any worse? They are all illegal right now but anyone can get them

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Define "dangerous".

Making these drugs legal will only make things worse. Many do not partake due to the legal ramifications. Remove those and the numbers will increase.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Making these drugs legal will only make things worse. Many do not partake due to the legal ramifications. Remove those and the numbers will increase.

Compared to the number that partake NOW despite their being illegal, that increase would be a statistically insignificant drop in the bucket.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Brookside Park
    So I basically say that cops should be killed like anyone else for kicking in your door and my post is deleted? This is why we live in a police state...Everybody supports it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So I basically say that cops should be killed like anyone else for kicking in your door and my post is deleted? This is why we live in a police state...Everybody supports it.

I went over this with you in a PM. Thanks for playing!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I think that in the whole scheme of things, making some drugs legal would be an over-all positive for our society. Although, as I say that I'm at least smart enough to know that, from reading a lot of your posts, and knowing that you've lived longer and experienced more than me and that you seem like a wise man ( no B.S.), that you might know things that I don't.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    I totally agree with this. If they don't want to get shot then they shouldn't be doing no-knock raids.

I'm glad we are on the same page.

That cop came face to face with natural law. It frightens the other LEO's that all they have believed for the majority of their career might not be true or crumbling. That guy must pay. There will be bad consequences if we can't do no knocks with complete immunity, etc.

That there is no personal responsibility if they make a mistake and break in the wrong door must be understood because we don't see what they see. Or, how they have to rely on their military style tactics and gear. To challenge that paradigm is anti-cop and a keyboard tough guy.

If you changed two laws one, cops buy their own liability policies. Let the free market determine whether or not they are a good risk to stand behind. No union lawyer or reps to come to their side immediately. No government lawyer. Force every LEO at all levels from county sheriff to US Marshall answer for their actions. I would be in favor of all police agencies going before the voters just like the sheriff's do. The elected can hire their deputy's.

The other is to get rid of civil forfeiture and revenue sharing with the departments. No more USA vs. $144,000 type filings. Only forfeiture is part of a conviction.

We have skewed the balance of power in this country. At every level and every dark corner. It really picked up steam after 9/11 when all government employees could hide behind the "terrorism" excuse.Street level and local cops breaking into the wrong house like Ninja's are a symptom of that broken society.

My friends that became cops in NYC...I grew up just outside it....have all left the force. Some from the trauma of 9/11 itself, some out of disgust of seeing the worse part of society, one because he had the time and when his wife suddenly became pregnant he could retire to play Mr. Mom while his wife with needed a few more years as a teacher. All have expressed disgust at the militarization of local police. It often created a level of distrust with the public and an attitude of their only being two types in society..."them" and "us".

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Most likely more than you think. Yes, not a catastrophic increase but absolutely no reduction.

Are you going to do heroin if it is legalized? Me neither. I think you are taking some liberties by assuming your theory to be correct. I really don't think there is anyone saying "Man, I would love to do heroin, but it is just so illegal." If they want to do it, they will try it. Legality obviously isn't stopping them from it already.

Top Bottom