• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can call it whatever you'd like, but blocking a roadway isn't criminal confinement.

The same as you calling it whatever you'd like.

Still I'm saying that blocking roadways is not peaceful. The real question is what we intend to do about it. How long do we put up with mob rule?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Still I'm saying that blocking roadways is not peaceful. The real question is what we intend to do about it. How long do we put up with mob rule?

So the Bundy Ranch standoff, where protesters blocked Bureau of Land Management vehicles preventing the execution of a legal order? Mob Rule too?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Especially when you're blocking ambulances and fire trucks from saving lives and property.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Who said I was legitimizing them? It's historically well documented that violent protest brings about change more often than non-violent means. The American, French, Russian Revolutions are all examples of such. Peaceful protest, when ignored, gave rise to violent means.
    Then they best get to revolting, or shut the hell up and go the **** home! Once again, the evidence exonerated someone, yet some feel the need to be asshats? Or do you feel the judge let the guy slide?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Then they best get to revolting, or shut the hell up and go the **** home! Once again, the evidence exonerated someone, yet some feel the need to be asshats? Or do you feel the judge let the guy slide?

That is incorrect. There's a difference between being exonerated and being found not guilty.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Holcomb did.

(I think. Its kinda hard to remember anything Holcomb's really done....)

I actually like do nothing government, as long as they take care of the roads which is evidentally happening.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep, Freddy Gray killed himself over an knife.

Clearly not, but it is entirely plausible - in fact, the most-plausible of all possibilities - that Freddie Gray intentionally tried to injure himself in the van in an attempt to win the injury settlement lottery. That he won himself a Darwin Award for his efforts is his own fault.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, no one really talks about why Gray was arrested. At the end of the day, a guy is dead who shouldn't be, and the fault is placed right at the feet of the city of Baltimore.

For possession of a knife that was unlawful under Baltimore city statutes.

The arrest was fully lawful.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, I don't know about that.:D I certainly have.

Just another example that laws against THINGS, instead of acts, are unjust.

And (directed at Kut): yes: I agree with this, too. But it doesn't change the fact that the arrest was lawful.

There is zero evidence that Gray's injuries resulted from anything at all that the BPD officers did or did not do. The most-plausible explanation is that Gray's injuries were self-sustained.

Choices have consequences: being a known drug dealer, loitering in an area of known drug-dealing, during a known period of police crackdown on drug dealing, fleeing from police, carrying an illegal knife - and, yes: self-injuring while in police custody.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For possession of a knife that was unlawful under Baltimore city statutes.

The arrest was fully lawful.

Was it? What was the reason for detaining him in the first place? ...noting that the knife wasn't discovered until after Gray was apprehended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kind of seems like a FURTIVE move to me.

What do cops do in this case?

Depends, you can. I have, the better question, is "what do you do once you catch them?". I've never had reason to arrest someone after giving chase simply for running away.... but I assure you, if I found an "illegal knife," like say a switchblade back when it was illegal, I would have taken the knife and sent the person on their way.

Top Bottom